Does anybody else get these free offers ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mrkingford

About twice a year i get these post cards with a reservation# saying i have gifts if i come and tour their facility.
This one is in Portland Maine and offers me a $50.00 gift card to Olive garden AND A $50.00 visa card good anywhere, all i have to do is take a 90 minute tour of whatever thier selling and sit through 10 minutes of a sales pitch.
I've done this AT LEAST 11 times in my life and NEVER bought ANYTHING.
Some are for time shares, some for clubs to join, such as a private golf club or a fancy resort.
When you call they ask if you use a major credit card (that you must bring, but they dont run it), if you make a combined yearly income of 65,000 or more and if you own property.
They don't verify your income or property but you DO have to bring and show a valid C.C.

I smoke in the car before going in so it's all interesting to me and the time flies by. Plus they usuallly have snacks and sometimes if its high class, beer and wine.

I always wondered how they get my info.? :hubba: who cares, the wife and i will use the olive garden gift card RIGHT after we leave there and the 50.00 gift card to the IMAX theature, Ha...................:D

You must be on their 'mark' list. The closest I've ever gotten was sitting through some b.s. pitch in Hawaii as part of a free tour while on vacation. I made the mistake of sitting in a new car dealership while they make you wait...and wait...and wait... I'll never do that again. I'm getting to old to play those types of games.

All 11 i've been to were legitamate and gave what they promised.
They must get info from Major CC companies or credit bureaus because they could NOT afford to give EVERYBODY free stuff if they did not make a return PROFIT, so some must buy, i guess i get picked cause i have great credit?
Who cares, i benefit each time.

Latest posts

Back