Kissing the winter blues goodbye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godspeedsuckah

Godspeed out!
Reaction score
Just harvested a couple Speed Queens and winding up for some more winter fun. Vegging I have a few 8 miles high, speed queen clones, and a little project I have going with Mazar x Mandala #1. I am waiting for my Satori and Bubbilicious to arrive. Hope all is well with everyone. Keep it green and keep it safe!! Godspeed.

hey, hey...can't wait for the new journal brother...whats the 8 mile high about?

welcome back my friend...

Thanks for the kind words my friend. 8 miles high is a newish strain that Mandala came out with last year I believe. Here is the breeders info:

Type: sativa-indica
Contains land race genetics from: Africa; North India
Cultivation: indoor/outdoor
Flowering time: 60-65 days/1st week Oct. (south), mid October (north)
Yield: 400-450 gr/m2 (dry weight)
High: a sativa-dominant high; uplifting; alert & fiery-energetic; thought provoking; trippy visuals; creative.
Aroma: a sweet-fruity melange of strawberry and melon; hash-candy; piney; minty.
Medical use: good potential against lethargy & depression; stimulates appetite.

This is a fragrant, uplifting sativa that delivers quality harvests indoor & outdoor. Special attention was devoted to making this variety a low-maintenance plant that finishes by mid-October in northern climates. Flowering sets in quickly with most plants sexing within one week of switching to 12/12. Another positive feature is the fast and profuse resin production during early flowering that rewards your efforts right from the start. 8 Miles High has proven to be very reliable under various environmental stress factors such as abrupt changes in light and temperature. Plants can therefore be moved from indoor and planted out with no adverse effects. This strain is easy to grow and has no special requirements. It has shown good mold resistance and grows well in soil with no extra feeding*, making it a good choice for growers with little experience or not much time on their hands.

The indica-type females have minimum branching, medium tall growth, and are excellent for small spaces or cultivation in close rows. The sativa-leaning pheno can be grown as a multi-stem plant or trained if this is your preferred method of cultivation. It has longer branching due to the extended internodes and exhibits great potential as a big producer outdoor. For a sea of green set-up in hydro both phenos can be used. In hydro we recommend pruning the bottom branches on the sativa-leaning females so that all energy is focused on the long central cola.

8-Miles-High8 Miles High has a great calyx-to-leaf ratio and slim leaves that make trimming the buds a quick job. Resiny bud production throughout the plant from top to bottom guarantees a quality harvest. The aromatic properties of this strain are delightfully diverse and feature the rare trait of strawberry fragrance. During flowering a slight brush against the plants releases a wonderful sweetness with an earthy undertone. This delicate aroma is followed by the more dominant piney freshness. As the plants mature you can also detect whiffs of a sweet lemonade scent. Cured buds retain the piney-minty smell but, in addition, there is a variety of delicious aromas ranging from strawberry, melon, to hash-candy.**

The smoke has a fresh minty taste and lingering sweetness to it. 8 Miles High lifts off straight to the head and triggers a lot of cerebral 8-Miles-Highactivity with flashes of insights and long episodes of trippy visuals when you close your eyes and switch to auto pilot. This is a functional daytime smoke, or a wake-up call to keep you on your feet partying at night. The uplifting, almost euphoric, effect sets in once you reach maximum altitude. This energetic sativa glides back down smoothly and leaves an expansive feeling behind.

I woke up this morning and up popped another one of my little project seedlings:yay:

The speed queen clones are growing roots like crazy now and new growth is starting to take off; happy days ahead. Just took a toke from some SQ I just harvested :stoned: I can't wait till it is properly cured.

Still nothing from the 8-mile yet, but it is early still, I should have some popped up later today or tomorrow morning. I am pretty excited about this strain, if it is anything like the Satori than I will find the best plant and do a reveg; I should have done that with the other Satori's I grew....DANG they were good :hubba:

The habanero pepper plant is doing great, and the onion I am using for seeds is starting to put up some new growth now.

I saw a little growth from the garlic bulbil's I started and it looks like I have some tomato and spinach starting to pop up as well.

Recession garden 2010 begins NOW. :)

Little update: All the 8 mile are up and look great and 2 of the speed queens have been topped. I am going to try my hands at a little bonzai on them.

If any mods read this, would it be possible to send this over to the grow journal section? I always forget to do that and put it in the general grow. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Godspeed.

Most excellent on the little ones. Looking forward to watching your grow. :D

gss whats up? havent seen ya around in awhile. cant wait til your room explodes. you by chance giving coco buckets a run still? toke to yah later

Thanks mom. Hey Doc!! I am using coco with my little project plants and soil for the rest.

I will be watching. If I have alot of typos, srry. This haze is rough on me. GL

Howdy nouvellechef, thanks for stopping by...:48: Don't worry about typo's here friend, there will be no criticism from me ;)

Pics coming soon; I am trying to reconfigure my camera so I can get some nice detailed pictures. Everything is rolling around good so far.

Dude you got all kinds of edible plants in there. I luv it. Scotch bonnet? Holy smokes. Like it hot? I made a roasted onion and serrano dip last night with cannabis butter. It was excellent!!

That sounds excellent!! I like using the habanero's in a few different things, but I especially like it in pickled garlic.

A couple pics for today. The 8-mile's are doing pretty well and the Speed Queen clones are finally starting to shoot right off. The 2 speed queens on the end will be my bonzai plants for my mothers and the 2 on the left I am going to flower in a few weeks. The clones took a while to root because I waited until I knew the sex of the plants before I took the clones. Everything seems to be moving along just fine. I can't wait till the bubbilicious and satori come in. I may order another pack of something today as well.

The nug is from the Speed Queen I just cut. I had to give her the chop a couple weeks early because I was hoping to push 1 more grow out of the soil I had recycled. Everything went great until the last few weeks of flower and then it all went down hill. The fan leaves were dying off left and right and I was afraid she could hermie. I forgot that the recycled soil had Mg time release in it and gave her a feeding of humboldt nutrients...anyways...the smoke is clean and sweet, a couple hits and you are flying high and then you are just plain old stoned!!! Gotta love it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

i hate throwing my old soil out, although, i also learned that it just dont measure up during flower...it's great to veg with, just not flower...

i put most on one, or other of my gardens, and at other times, my outdoor compost pile, that remains dormant through the winter months...this round, most went in the compost/worm bed...

that 8 mile high sounds as if it was bred for our climate gss.:hubba: ...i like that they state it will finish mid oct.:D ...that is a bonus here...the description also is a very good one of the plant overall...watching this one with interest...

very cool grow sounds liek nice smoke! I use my old soil for my veggies and flowers..or to fill in holes my dogs dug up...

Cant wait to watch this one. sounds like one tall lady.

IRISH said:
i hate throwing my old soil out, although, i also learned that it just dont measure up during flower...it's great to veg with, just not flower...

i put most on one, or other of my gardens, and at other times, my outdoor compost pile, that remains dormant through the winter months...this round, most went in the compost/worm bed...

that 8 mile high sounds as if it was bred for our climate gss.:hubba: ...i like that they state it will finish mid oct.:D ...that is a bonus here...the description also is a very good one of the plant overall...watching this one with interest...

After a while I retire mine too the garden as well. I think this batch will be mixed in with compost, chicken and rabbit manure and then get tilled in the tomato bed. I can't wait for spring man LOL. I am going to plant "german pink" and "cherokee purple" tomatoes. I am also going to try some "tom thumb" popping corn. Only 85+- days till I can plant some "telephone" peas. Those pea plants are awesome if you like a shelling pea. They grow to about 6' - 7' tall just like pole beans, and they have a lot of flavor.

I am very excited about the 8 mile high. I like that kind of smoke during the day and then a nice heavy indica at night.

Hi 2Dog and Kalikisu; it should turn out to be a fun grow. I am a little more excited about the Satori and Bubbilicious that is heading over the big pond to me as I write this, but I know 8 mile will turn out to be a good smoke. So far everything I have tried from Mandala is great smoke and easy to grow.

Well the ladies are all transplanted in their new 1 gal square pots and are busy growing in their new soil mix. The mix I use is pretty common and works real well.

Foxfarm Ocean Forest
Botanicare Coco fiber
Worm castings
Sunleaves Mexican bat guano
Steamed bone meal

They will stay in this for about a month, the mothers longer. The roots had nice webbing already and were quite large on the clones. Now that the work is done, its time to spark one up and watch a little tv for a few. Take care.
Godspeed.

they sound nice...how long will they last in this soil mix before you have to add nutes?

Hey LF!! I should be able to get 2 months or longer. When I put some into flower I will up the bat guano and steamed bone meal and should be able to get through just about all of flowering; they will be in 3 gallon pots then. Every 2 weeks I run 1tbsp of blackstrap per gallon through them. It should be a fun grow.

gss im excited about your grow. so 8 mile & speed queen organic soil, mazar x mandala in coco, right? man great medias you got going.

Latest posts

Back