White Russian -2 Weeks into Flower- *Weekly Photo Updates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tact

Learning Everyday
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First grow, 11 seeds from Serious Seeds, non-feminized (regular beans) White Russian, 2 freebie seeds both feminized, L.A. Woman and Lemon Skunk.

Soil:

Fox Farm Ocean Forest w/1 TBSP per/gallon Dolomite Sweet-Lime

Light:

1000w Magnum XXL Hood - Lumatek digi ballast

Pot sizes and order of transplant:

Germination through 4 weeks, in 1.4 L pots (1/3rd of a gallon)

5 weeks through 7 weeks, in 2 gallon pots

8 weeks till now, in 5 gallon pots

Nutrients:

None in vegetative stage except for a boost of N @ week 5 to influence females (as per DOS suggestion)

In flowering Advanced Nutrients 100% Organic lineup used @ 100% medium feeding strength per their onlien feeding guide

Side Notes:

All 13 seeds germinated sucessfully, one struggled with its seed-helmet but made it in the end. Ultimately all 13 turned out to be females as well, 100% female ratio (beginners luck).

The first post will be all the vegetative images, taken every Tuesday, for a total of 8 weeks of veg (8 pictures). Every following post will be the weekly Thursday update of the flowering process, starting with week 1 flowering, or 9 weeks total, etc. This is for all those first-time growers that want to see where their grow is relative to a grow from seeds at weekly photographed intervals, so yeah.

week1.jpg

week2.jpg

week3.JPG

week4.jpg

weekfive.jpg

week 6.JPG

week7.jpg

w8v.JPG

looking good tact, here is some major mojo coming your way

This is where its at, the picture is from today.

I trimmed the lower 1/3rd of branches (as per DOS suggestion), this was the second time trimming the lower 1/3rd the first time was week 7. I was a bit more agressive then perhaps most would have been, but I did not expect all 13 plants to be female, so I had to create some room for them, the fact is what I cut off was simply totally shaded due to all the surrounding folliage and competition.

I added a picture of the buds starting to come together 14 days into the switch, from here on I will turn off the HPS and snap photos, as the HPS spectrum kills all detail apparently.

WEEK10.jpg

TRIMJOBFLOWER.jpg

FLOWERWEEK2.jpg

Nice organizational skills you have. I don't know about turning the light off for pics is a good idea. Can you take them when the lights are off? I am thinking stress=h---ies, but I am not going to jinx you
GREEN MOJO for you

hahaha...I been waiting for this man! Let the show begin! Tact for some reason I think your going to have a successful 1st grow...you seem to have all your ducks in a row...I can't wait to see the outcome of this! Good Luck to you buddy!

Thanks all, weekly updates coming, check back Thursday!

Looks good, as if you have it all planned out ahead of time. Way to go...you'll be happy with the finished product for sure!

Been dealing with some space heater issues, it randomly turns off in the middle of the night and the temps drop to low 60's high 50's. It definitely is not getting too hot, not sure what the issue is with the space heater it did not used to do that, maybe keeping it going 24/7 for months on end is making it wearing it out faster.

The buds seem to be popping up all over and kind of making a 'strip' down the colas and side-arms. Hopefully they will make contact into one long bud, and then start getting thick? Trich development started this week and is slowly encrusting leaves around mostly the top colas. Took the pics with the lights off, everything is orange with the HPS on, it really makes the buds pop though with the flash and the lights off.

On a side-note, my mister was left unplugged all last night after I adjusted the pH of the reservoir, and all the cuttings look sad/dead! Of the 6 clones that rooted and I transplanted 2 failed, and 4 look like they will make it.

week11(flower3).jpg

week11(flower3)b.jpg

clones.jpg

fail-mister.jpg

Tact, It really looks like all your prior research has done you well :) Everything looks very nice! I'll keep checking in and following along if you dont mind :D

Warfish

Oh wow, looks like you're going to have a room full of juicy colas! Very good work so far!

HIya Tact...:ciao:

:dancing:NICE buds, bro!:dancing:

Hellz yah all those buds will grow together to make some very nice colas on your plants and then they will fatten up, swell and glisten like the Milky Way...

Sorry about the clone disaster... :doh: That dadgummed electricikle stuff can get pretty technical... :hairpull: but you can always take some more clones.:rolleyes:

Onward & Dankward~!:cool:

Yeah man!! I can't wait to see these in a month...dude, like DOS said those little buds are all going to grow together up the length of the stem and your going to have donkey dycks swinging all over the place...I've never grown the russian, but I've grown the AK plenty of times and my buddy loved it...you should pull some decent weights with your set-up man! No more 4 month smoke breaks for Tact!!!...lol...

Sorry about the clones man...it happens to all of us...if your luck is anything like mine, the pheno that you love at harvest will be one of the ones that didn't make it...lol...but I hope your luck is better than mine!

I love your set-up, you make it look like you've been doing it awhile...too bad all the new growers wouldn't do it like you have...it would save them all a bunch of headaches! Oh well............Looking good man! See ya next week!

That should be a bad *** turnout. I'm going to put White Russian on my next order when I get the funds together.

those colas will be sweet when they're all filled out, great setup man

@Warfish, hey bro, come along!

@MentalP, thanks man!

@DOS, :ciao::ciao:, my own fault with the mister, electricity needs to be (stay) plugged in, ***!? So demanding.

@ LF,
legalize_freedom said:
like DOS said those little buds are all going to grow together up the length of the stem and your going to have donkey dycks swinging all over the place...

I love me some donkey d*cks swinging around the grow room! Hilarious.:D :laugh:

@ Traf, Chef, SG, Cunga, thanks for stopping in guys, more to come first few weeks will be pretty meh pictures until weeks 7 and on I suspect!

I will be following your guys grow journals, take it easy!

:farm:

Update.

The ladies flowers are getting denser, the nugs are consolidating into a systematic, brain-static, mind altering thing of magic :hubba: . They are so sticky now, when I water I have to force my way through the interior jungle like im in south-east Asia, and I come out with this sweet, sticky, amazing smell all over my arms...mmmm :p . I can't wait to smoke a bowl of these my better halfs. I don't know how to take those upclose shots with my POS camera, 90% come out blurry the rest have a weird haze-glow to them, so this is the only one I could get of an upclose bud shot that was even slightly clear.

Best guess so far is they need 9 weeks, 63 days, so almost halfway. The L.A. Woman has some nutrient burn in the leaves that I think is from too much Cal/Mag when I read the directions wrong several weeks ago, but the rest of the plants seem fine, not too worried about it. The clones have come along nicely, I am considering topping them but they are still growing like flowering plants with alternating nodes, so I was not sure where exactly to top in that case? The last pic is for DOS, major overkill in the clone tent filter wise, just say NO to the Worm.

Next Thursday for week 5! :cool:

week12(flower 4).JPG

week12b(flower 4).JPG

bud (week 4).JPG

clones.JPG

DOS can fail.JPG

Latest posts

Back