Growing Marijuana Forum Bud Pic of the Month!

sawhse
Dalahaze
Bud Pic of the Month!

JustAnotherAntMarching
DNA's Lemon Skunk
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Advanced Growing Techniques > Breeding

Old 02-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
Elliot Jansen

Elliot Jansen Elliot Jansen Elliot Jansen Elliot Jansen Elliot Jansen Elliot Jansen
Default Whats the longest you have waited on a seed to sprout

I ordered some 100 purp seeds from reeferman, and they have been lackluster to say the least. Out of 6 attempted only 2 have germed. I destroyed one on accident. And the other one that germed, well, I can't tell if its doing anything at all. I know you gotta let nature do her thing.. And maybe I am spoiled from cloning,cause I don't have to go through the seeding process. Just wanted to know, how long you peeps have waited on a seed to show definate signs survival. And one more thing, if the seed takes forever to sprout, are these tell-tale signs of her growing habits?

FYI: I use water submersion to pop, 5.5 watered rockwool to sprout, warm enviro.
Elliot Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
the chef
A Bong Hog!

the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef

I have waited two weeks and got a sprout that turned out very desent. Using distilled water? I germ in soil and have never tried the submersion but alot of growers swear by it. Things to check fer. Distilled water, if your using strait tap check your PH, not sure what's needed to germ but someone will chime in with an answer. Temp: If your glass is cold so is your water! Cold water does not promote germination. Other than that, and i'm waiting on a refferman Bazooka joe bubblegum order, it might be bad genectics. 100! Wow! That a pertty penny! Oh yeah storage? How are you storing them? Maybe a heating pad set on low with a thick towel as a buffer so you don't boil your beans. Put your glass on top of the towel and wait and see. Just an idea to get ya started. Gl and keep us posted.
We can't call people without wings angels so we call them friends!=Bubbles-The Trailer Park Boy's, the series.
If something seems to good to be true....shoot it!-Fiona, gabrelle anwar on Burn Notice
the chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Elliot Jansen

Elliot Jansen Elliot Jansen Elliot Jansen Elliot Jansen Elliot Jansen Elliot Jansen

Not using distilled water... Wonder how much of a difference that makes. Ijust checked on the bean.. It has a cotyledon but wont go any farther than that..
I don't know what to do other than wait.. Prolly gonna try to pop 2 more.. This may be the last time I buy from Reeferman.
Elliot Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
the chef
A Bong Hog!

the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef the chef

I think/feel your percentage will go up with distilled water. May wanna try popping that little puppy in soil if ya got it. I'm guessing but wait 24 to see what she does and get some distilled water. Ordinary tap water has alot of harmful chemicals. If you let the water set out 24 hrs before using it will help disolve some of the bad stuff but alot will still remain. With distilled, and going by what i've seen in the threads it workds! Gl.
We can't call people without wings angels so we call them friends!=Bubbles-The Trailer Park Boy's, the series.
If something seems to good to be true....shoot it!-Fiona, gabrelle anwar on Burn Notice
the chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
gourmet

gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet

I had a hard time germinating Full Moon until I used distilled water. Same process and temps, just used distilled water instead of the usual tap water or ph adjusted tap water. So I'm with The Chef, ...from now on I will be using only distilled water to germinate.

Quote:
If at first an idea is not absurd, there's no hope for it.
Albert Einstein

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=62261 Eight Miles High

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=61403 Aurora by Nirvana
gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
Metro

Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro

PH should not be a concern until you have roots.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
OldHippieChick
apostate

OldHippieChick OldHippieChick OldHippieChick OldHippieChick OldHippieChick OldHippieChick OldHippieChick OldHippieChick OldHippieChick OldHippieChick OldHippieChick

I burned through about 30 high dollar seeds before I got anything close to 80% germ ratio. Hit it from all sides - I DO believe distilled water helped. I also believe that constant temps are crucial. My "sweet spot" was 78F just like 4u2 tried to hammer into my pea brain for the longest time.

I never had a seed pop that didn't germinate in two days AND come out of the soil in 48 hrs.... just my limited experience so far. I can't tell you anything about rockwool or hydro though. Best of luck.
OHC

My Auto White Russian GJ
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=50742
OldHippieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #8
ishnish
Nug Lover

ishnish ishnish ishnish ishnish ishnish ishnish ishnish ishnish ishnish ishnish ishnish

i had a bagseed recently the sprouted after two weeks, then when in the dirt, it grew a couple inches up then stopped for... ten to 15 days.. all it had was the cotyledons and they were splitting down one side instead of evenly on both sides. i thought it was gonna be something other than MJ at first, but i let it do it's thing and now it's flowering faster than the other girls. think it might be an auto though.. it's a weird look'n thing..
BHC #042
TGC #042

"
Better safe than sorry, better safe than in jail, better safe than dead."
ishnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
gourmet

gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet gourmet

Quote:
PH should not be a concern until you have roots.
Thanks Metro. My ph is soooo very alkaline that I have tried both ph'd and non...with same results. Guess I know why now (lol). Distilled definately boosted germination rate for me.

Quote:
If at first an idea is not absurd, there's no hope for it.
Albert Einstein

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=62261 Eight Miles High

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=61403 Aurora by Nirvana
gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #10
Metro

Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gourmet
Distilled definately boosted germination rate for me.
Great!
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
spaceface
Space Cadet

spaceface spaceface spaceface spaceface spaceface spaceface spaceface spaceface spaceface spaceface spaceface

a week for me!!!
BHC Represenative #808

I enjoy good cannabis, good food, good people, football, baseball, growing stuff and video games. I'm so simple. It kinda makes me a dork.
spaceface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:20 AM   #12
MindzEye
IrritatedWhenImNotSedated

MindzEye MindzEye MindzEye MindzEye MindzEye MindzEye MindzEye MindzEye MindzEye MindzEye MindzEye

How did seeds ever germinate before shot glasses and paper towels? Lol

I soak seeds in water for 12 hours then pop them in some soil, they know how to root on their own..
MindzEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:28 AM   #13
leafminer
Bloody Hell!

leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer leafminer

Elliot, are you giving the sprouts 16 hours or more of light?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
kal el
Smallville Seeds

kal el kal el

I do the paper towel method, if they dont pop after a week, they are junk to me.
kal el is offline   Reply With Quote