Broke-n-Toke Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtVandolay

Band!
Reaction score
Are you on a budget? Or just a cheapskate? Either way, welcome to Budget Botany :hubba:. I'll be temporarily approving requests to join The Broke-n-Toke Club until Degenerative Disc is paroled from the MP timeout chair. Please join by clicking on User CP, look for Group Memberships on the lower left.

History of the Broke-N-Toke Club: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53686

The general idea is to come out of the shadows with your head held high if you grow magic green in a setup that costs approximately $500 or less. Sure, we have some world-class growers here with setups that look like the space shuttle launch pad! :D Wondrous air conditioned, CO2 injected multi turbo-fanned setups with lighting systems that would put a UFO to shame :hubba:. So technically advanced there is discussion of computerizing them!

While waiting for that someday to happen for you, why not hang out here at the The Broke-n-Toke? Join today!

We're after the setup itself. Everything needed to grow except the plants, pots, soil/hydro equipment, nutes etc. No need for receipts! We all know how much a ducting elbow and 10 feet of vent hose cost and we know a real Broke-n-Toke setup when we see it :hubba:. Let the games begin :) And remember

:postpicsworthless:

Member List (as of 11 Feb 2011):

BOSTON BAKED BEAN
cubby
FA$TCA$H
Gone2pot!
gumbosd
Hick
Jericho
kaotik
Killuminati420
lowrydergrower775
MichiganDude
PsyJiM
bags
slowmo77
prefersativa
SPEARCHUCKER
Melvan2
$cotri$hro$e$
ftw
nova564t

wait i have listed cost of my set up should I do it again or.........well ok here it is...
wallworld blubs,,, portable wordrobe,and 2 way light connectors......75
mylar lyning 25
mg seedstarter ,,mgplant food,mg bloom, 30
honestly fans all wirering all building is me...honestly with othe stuff and extra bulbs i have i am at 250..... but when i get seeds that will go up 100bucks thanks art any broke growers,,.

I would like to submit my application for membership. Although this is going against one of my basic principles. I had vowed to never join a club that would have someone like me as a member, but here it goes.

• 400w switchable mh/hps cooltube w/ 4" inline 178cfm fan with all ducts. Craiglist $200
  • Lumber/black poly for my 3x3x8 grow box, most materials were salvaged from my construction site. $30
  • Hardware for box: hinges, hooks, handle, and lock. $25
  • Home Depot fart fan for extra vent. $13
  • Mylar. $25
  • 8 outlet power strip w/ built in digital timer (4 plugs on timer). $20
  • Hanna ph tester from eseasongear.com. $35
  • Thermometer/humidity $12
  • 8" desk fan $10
  • Small heater $32
  • 5000 BTU window unit (not hooked up yet). Craigslist $45
That should be everything, grand total $447

The other items not listed as they are consumables are

• Apollo-11 seeds from HD- $75 (incl. shipping)
  • 2 bags FFOF $45
  • Eearth Juice Grow/Bloom/Catalyst/MicroBlast $55
  • 6-3 gal pots from local nursery. $10
That should be everything it took me to get started from scratch.

new home after my move 100_2075.JPG
lights added as needed100_2101.JPG clones under sink cabinet100_2082.JPG

costs, pro-mix $20, ferts $30, 6 pack bulbs at sams club $25-30, pack of ten white castle seeds $85, inc shipping. fixtures, fans and other bulbs, all scrounged up round the house. less than $200.

Unfortunately for my pocket book I am way over $500 in gear. That's all the more reason for me to follow along on this thread so I may be able to get some ideas here and save some in the future :)

FA$TCA$H said:
new home after my moveView attachment 157425
lights added as neededView attachment 157426 clones under sink cabinetView attachment 157427

costs, pro-mix $20, ferts $30, 6 pack bulbs at sams club $25-30, pack of ten white castle seeds $85, inc shipping. fixtures, fans and other bulbs, all scrounged up round the house. less than $200.

:rofl:

This one has my vote. Are we voteing or what? sorry I have over 500 in just 1 light. My thinking is if I have the high dollar setup. I will high dollar crops..:eek: ..Man was I wrong:rolleyes:

I'd like to join as well. My little cheapo grow is as follows:
The cab is made of 4 sheets of 3/4 inch plywood, left over from a nieghbors remodel, and some 2X4's I had in my garadge = $O
Flat white paint, left over from my own remodel = $O
250 Watt HPS, a gift from a friend who moved out of state = $O
Mini ebb and flow, consisting of tray, res., nute pump, and net pots = $200
Fan and Carbon filter combo = $120
Oscillating Fan= $10
2 Timers = $30
For a grand total of $360.

HPS 400w & Air cooled shade & Ballast = $127
Ph & PPM Testers = $52
2x oscillating Fans = $0 (Found around the house)
White Paint = $7
2 x Air Pump with 2 outlets = $75

Also the mum is abit of a normal plant grower so got all the pots and net pots free.
Total = $261

Gotta get a few more as things and will update info and pics at in April. Still waiting for deliveries. Will be way under $500 for sure

I keep forgetting to pick up some dang batteries but i'll get some pics up as soon as I can...
$200 for filter and 110cfm computer fan that's encased in three layers of 1" blueboard i had laying around
$5 ducttape
$170 for lightbulb & ballast
$50 for plastics and insulation
$74.99 for buckets, airpumps/stones, air hose, etc..

so for a total of $499.99 I'm qualified yeah?

my setup is a twin chamber 2x400watt hydro grow, alltogether it cost aout 800$ so each side average costs 400$ roughly, considering it's a hydro grow thats very cheap :) i will describe it briefly i surely have ideas that qualify for broke-n-toke
trays were done with a usesless wood pile scraps of wood different thickness and kinds, screws and parts cost me around $10
i also used old vineyl and silicon (9$) to make it waterproof
submersible pump +hoses 30$
control res 40$
airpump 40$
airstones 4$
airlines 4$
light+ballast (hps 400w) $75
fluros i got from around the house 0$
fan $15
dehumidifier 250$
styrofoam/plywood lid 5$
diy netpots from disposable plastic cups 1$
small grorock bag 10$ growrocks
these add to 493$ but for instance the dehumidifier is used for both chambers so i can split its cost by 2 to get an average cost, i couldve gotten a smaller unit with one 400, i use the same fan and control res for both chambers too so... :) oh right i didnt add the seeds which were quite a cost like 200$ at the time :rolleyes: i like saving every penny provided i get the best result with less cost so i dont think saving on seeds is a good idea, i got mine 4years back or more i still have em till today so they paid for themselves long ago :)

I would like to join too, but I am picture downloading impaired. Seriously, I can't post a picture to save my life. People have been so nice to help me but I can't do it on this site. so.. If I can join, I am under the 500.00 and have an awesome set up.

You know I'm in! I'm behind on finishing my box, but so far, I bought a ballast and bulb for $60, making the reflector from metal duct work I bought for a couple bucks. 30 bucks in lumber, and a whole bunch of stuff I had sitting around the house. Including the fans I ripped out of old computers and power supplies! I'm probably at 200 bucks over all! Pics coming, I promise!

ArtVandolay said:
BBB and frogman - are you going to post some pics?:hubba:
http://

Sorry Art, I had to wait for the lights to come on.

Here is my set up. I have to cover the front with poly until I figure out a good way to seal the door. Inside are 4 Apollo-11 plants in their first week of flower. I am on my first grow and this system has worked well so far.:)

all secured.jpg

door closed.jpg

door open.jpg

light.jpg

so glad to see so many 'stoner' setups. i was actually quite intimidated by the quality and level of grows, here when i joined MP. so i kept a low profile, and made sure any pics i posted did not show, what i felt was a sub-par setup. surley they all had to start with a setup that evolved, as experience and conditions allowed. that being said, i have gotten nothing negative from the members here at my MP family, only praise and encouragement.
too many here to thank, but the first post i ever made, left me feeling welcomed, thank you CHEF. and thank you to DD for getting the ball rollin on this group.

Latest posts

Back