hardwater micro GH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

Reaction score
Who here might use GH hardwater micro? or anyoone that might have used it at one time or more..The well waters is ph of 310 and city water of 325 ppm..I have a gallon of it, and would like to use the stuff.
thanks again
oneshot

oneshot said:
Who here might use GH hardwater micro? or anyoone that might have used it at one time or more..The well waters is ph of 310 and city water of 325 ppm..I have a gallon of it, and would like to use the stuff.
thanks again
oneshot

I've been using the GH hard water micro for a long time. The best way to tell what it will do for you since you already have some is to just mix a gallon and see what your pH and ppm are.

Thanks stonybud.
What happened to me was ,the tank got a slimmy like jell,but when it dryed it hardened to a powder in bottom of tank..
Also can I use it with softer water,like rain water and do ok??Cuss rain water is only 10ppm to 20 ppm.. I think it would be ok as long as one uses cal/mag..
I also read on the back of hardwater micro has more ca then the regular micro??
I just want to use up a hole gallon..
thanks everyone
oneshot

oneshot said:
Thanks stonybud.
What happened to me was ,the tank got a slimmy like jell,but when it dryed it hardened to a powder in bottom of tank..
Also can I use it with softer water,like rain water and do ok??Cuss rain water is only 10ppm to 20 ppm.. I think it would be ok as long as one uses cal/mag..
I also read on the back of hardwater micro has more ca then the regular micro??
I just want to use up a hole gallon..
thanks everyone
oneshot

I've never had mine do anything like yours has. Just to check to make sure you're using it correctly, you ARE mixing the micro into plain water FIRST, right? Then, AFTER diluting the micro, you added the other nutrients. Is this right?

After mixing a gallon of the hard water micro and other nutrients, what was your pH and ppm on ONLY that one gallon of nutrient mix?

stonybud
the ph was high for being bubbled all night,As I remember it was around 7+ as I thought that was high..Iam going to try it again,there must had been some bad water or somthing..
thanks stonybud for info and will let you know how it came out..
oneshot

oneshot said:
stonybud
the ph was high for being bubbled all night,As I remember it was around 7+ as I thought that was high..Iam going to try it again,there must had been some bad water or somthing..
thanks stonybud for info and will let you know how it came out..
oneshot

You're very welcome, oneshot.

I don't know if this is what happened or not, but you HAVE to mix the micro into plain water BEFORE adding anything else to it. If you don't, you'll create a lockout of everything.

Also, is light able to hit your nutrient solution in your reservoir? If so, that could be causing it to grow algae, which would cause weird things to happen.

Stonybud
Yes i understand the need to use micro first..Iam on my 5th grow and all was ok.Also no light hitting nutes.
i had figured out what happened to me on last grow,it was a ph problem..meter went bad..
thanks again
oneshot

oneshot said:
Stonybud
Yes i understand the need to use micro first..Iam on my 5th grow and all was ok.Also no light hitting nutes.
i had figured out what happened to me on last grow,it was a ph problem..meter went bad..
thanks again
oneshot

Cool man. I had no idea what level of knowledge you're at. With 5 grows, you're way beyond the beginner stage. Congrats on getting past all that!

The slime you talk about having interests me. Have you figured out what caused it yet?

Were you adding anything else to the GH nutes in your reservoir? Do you think the pH was responsible?

stoneybud
Have not got it figured out but got an idea about what may have done it..
the PH was off and had a big part of it,plus the water might have been bad,Cuss even after putting in the nutes and bubbling all night, then tranfered the water into res.the mixing tank was slimmy on the inside, but after drying the tank sides and bottom one could just rub the powder like stuff was left.I think it was PH lockout,powder must have been lime or cal.
happy smoking
oneshot

Latest posts

Back