my first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickbiker

Reaction score
this is day 7 of my first grow let me know what u guys think

2011-03-07_15-18-10_629.jpg

2011-03-07_15-18-19_191.jpg

2011-03-07_15-18-27_684.jpg

2011-03-07_15-18-34_560.jpg

2011-03-07_15-18-40_919.jpg

Welcome sick biker, i'm new around here as well. everything looks good from what i can see. Do you leave the door open to the closet all the time? What kind of lights and nutes ya using?

Welcome. GL. Keep that rockwool covered with piece of white plastic or something. They tend to grow algae and best if just covered.

AluminumMonster said:
Welcome sick biker, i'm new around here as well. everything looks good from what i can see. Do you leave the door open to the closet all the time? What kind of lights and nutes ya using?

No i do not leave it open but i have fresh air coming in from the attic. Right now i have them under a 400w MH and when they start to flower i will put in my 400w HPS. I just started them on half nuts yesterday im using sensi grow a and b and B-52 and a little bit of sugar daddy

nouvellechef said:
Welcome. GL. Keep that rockwool covered with piece of white plastic or something. They tend to grow algae and best if just covered.
Thanks man. Im going to get some mylar to put over them

Ay 'Biker, sending good vibes to ya. Pulling for some awesome buds in there.

RABBIT said:
Ay 'Biker, sending good vibes to ya. Pulling for some awesome buds in there.

Thanks man i need all the luck i can get lol
peace my friend

sickbiker said:

I wouldn't use mylar. I would just bury them a little more so that the top of the rockwool is covered with hydrotron.

sickbiker said:
and im pumping co2 in there

Pumping CO2 into an open space is a waste of time, money, and energy. For CO2 enhancement to be effective, you need a sealed room, higher temps, higher nutes, enhanced lumens, etc, etc.

What kind of ventilation set up do you have?

sickbiker said:
I've been told that mylar under the plants will cause them to stretch... Something about the light hitting the bottom of the leaf...

Gixxerman420 said:
I've been told that mylar under the plants will cause them to stretch... Something about the light hitting the bottom of the leaf...

If this is so, I'm in trouble then since I have white wrapping all around and under my plants.

I'm just passing it along, not saying I agree, I'd think as much light directed back to them as possible would be prefered... IDK how accurate the info is, I just snatched my mylar flooring up before the leaves got over the edge of the pot, no experience with this "stretching" effect personally.

Gixxerman420 said:

This is true- it's called competitive stretch. Black film would be the best to use.

You're off to a good start! Good luck.

BBFan said:
This is true- it's called competitive stretch. Black film would be the best to use.

You're off to a good start! Good luck.
See, not completely unvalidated info... It makes sense, but my question is, would you still see an increase in growth rate in spite of the stretching (i.e. new nodes forming quicker)?

Gixxerman420 said:
See, not completely unvalidated info... It makes sense, but my question is, would you still see an increase in growth rate in spite of the stretching (i.e. new nodes forming quicker)?

Good question Gixxerman. Nice tight plants (like the ones in your journal ;) ) will better support buds when they get large. You won't need to tie them up to support the weight.

IMO, stretch leads to wispy airy buds. The big colas we all seek are really just a bunch of small buds growing together to form one massive bud. If there's too much stretch, the buds don't grow together as well (assuming you've got good genetics).

lol, I hadn't doubted you, Gixxer, just commenting that I was in that same situation. I may remove the white wrap, but with the results seen so far, am not going to go to too much trouble right away.

Wouldn't this be somewhat an issue from the lower levels of white wall then, since the light would reflect back and up under higher leaves? And sorry, but does this mean side lighting is a bad idea too?

Sorry if this is steering the journal off course.

Latest posts

Back