Balls?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

Do I have balls in my closet?

DSCF1340.JPG

DSCF1341.JPG

I can't tell from those pics. Just watch it real close you will see the sex in a few days I believe

Sorta of looks like it to me in the second pic, but like Ozzy said just watch them carefully for the next few days. But I would not ditch them yet as it is harder to tell from pics then standing there eye balling them.

:yeahthat:

To both of them.

Sorta looks like it, but as noted, you'll know for sure in a few days.

Gonna do any breeding?

Wet

This is Larry, I think at least two of them are boys, hopefully one is a girl.

Should I consider breeding? You guys wanna walk me through that?

Mr RB just took this great shot.

DSCF1344.JPG

good luck for girls Rose, but yeah definetly consider breeding Larry, you dont wanna waste expensive seeds, do you have a place you could keep a male for a couple weeks away from your flowering ladies?? if so you can paint a branch or 2 and be set for life.

Rosebud said:

View attachment 186792

yeah thats gonna be a boy.

Dman, So, i will read up on breeding, but in a nutshell (no pun intended) I would paint with a brush the pollen from the boys on one branch of the flowering Larry girl and always have Larry seeds? Thank you for the idea. Never would have considered breeding, that is for you big boys and girls.

I said paint but i dont really paint, once you get some pollen you can put it in a bag, carefully slide the bag over a branch and seal it with a twist tie, shake the branch and then leave it for awhile, spray the plant with water to kill unwanted pollen, remove the bag and spray the plant down with water again, keep it in a seperate room for a day and then put her back with the others.

Im gonna do it also and our timing is similar so we can do it together if ya want.

This is so fun to think about doing? What are you breeding? If I don't have a female Larry, could I do a Larry/Medicine woman cross? If i do have a female larry would that be a bx, or back cross?

Rosebud said:
This is so fun to think about doing? What are you breeding? If I don't have a female Larry, could I do a Larry/Medicine woman cross? If i do have a female larry would that be a bx, or back cross?

Im gonna take some larry pollen and hit Larry and one or two of the tude freebies and see what i get, im really just doing it for some Larry seeds though, I dunno, back cross sounds good to me.

The last time i did it i got 150 seeds from one branch and the rest of the plant didnt have one seed on it.

Well you gotta have pollen first then i do it around week 4 on a 9-10 week flowering strain, you gotta give the seeds 4-5 weeks to mature.

Gotta run Rose, think about it, you got time before you will be ready.

i'm gonna do a thread on pollenating a single branch when im ready.

It is looking like a boy to me too.

I am hoping for a satori boy so that I can cross it back with a Dynamite Satori cross I have. In all my years and years of growing, I have never (purposely) pollinated a female plant. I will be following along Rose to learn what I can, too.

Rosebud said:

View attachment 186792

In that pic looks like a boy.

I would get pollen from the male Larry that has the traits you like.:icon_smile:

Thanks Duck, you mean of course the growth pattern? I have never had the pleasure of smoking Larry

Rosebud said:
Thanks Duck, you mean of course the growth pattern? I have never had the pleasure of smoking Larry

Yes the growth pattern(short inter-node spacing, stretch,ete,ete) and the one that you like the smell from the best.(rub fingers against stalk and take a whiff)

:ciao: Rosebud---very excited for you---what are your goals with this boy ?---think it is a great idea if you decide to make yourself some beans and would love to help in any way i can---:D

Interesting thread.but then again it's a sex thread. :) I may try it with my Hawiian Rush. Can you buy pollen? I always have used clones.

Hey Rose, looks like i wont be playing with pollen with you after all, i had 2 Larry and 2 Satori that hadnt shown sex yet and it turns out they are all girls, i dont have any pollen, i am still more than happy to help you if you decide to do it.

Latest posts

Back