Growing Marijuana Forum Bud Pic of the Month!

sawhse
Dalahaze
Bud Pic of the Month!

JustAnotherAntMarching
DNA's Lemon Skunk
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Forums > Marijuana News

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Grower13
a happy grower

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13
Default New Microchip Knows Your Location To Within Centimeters

Forget a chip in your forehead – the ‘mark of the beast’ is the cell phone
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
The development of a new microchip for cell phones that knows the user’s location to within a few centimeters confirms the fact that contrary to biblical fears about mandatory implantable microchips, people have willingly exchanged their privacy for convenience and that the cell phone itself is the de facto “mark of the beast”.
“Broadcom has just rolled out a chip for smart phones that promises to indicate location ultra-precisely, possibly within a few centimeters, vertically and horizontally, indoors and out,” reports MIT Technology Review.
“In theory, the new chip can even determine what floor of a building you’re on, thanks to its ability to integrate information from the atmospheric pressure sensor on many models of Android phones. The company calls abilities like this “ubiquitous navigation,” and the idea is that it will enable a new kind of e-commerce predicated on the fact that shopkeepers will know the moment you walk by their front door, or when you are looking at a particular product, and can offer you coupons at that instant.”
Over 82% of Americans own cell phones, with around half of these being smart phones. In the near future, the majority of Americans will own smart phones that will have the ability to track their location down to a few centimeters.
With the effort to legally establish surveillance drones as a legitimate tool in domestic law enforcement, authorities could save a lot of time and money by simply requesting cell phone companies provide real-time tracking of suspects via their smart phones.
Indeed, Apple, Google and Microsoft have all been caught secretly tracking the physical locations of their users and saving that information to a file. How long is it before such data is instantly available to law enforcement bodies on demand, just as governments are legislating that ISPs and cell phone companies divulge our web browsing histories, email, texts and call information?
Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke

smart phone

Ill stay with my Dumbphone
4u2sm0ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Roddy

Imagine that, LEO will be able to tell when you went into the bar, when you leave and where you are. LEO (if my assumption is correct) could likely tell the speed of a car....imagine a slow day in town, LEO has extra time and is monitoring the freeway....

A friend and I were just discussing this, she was all dismissive saying something to the effect of "who would have the info, LEO can't do that, people would fight it"....to which I said "if a shop owner can have the info, do you think LEO can't?" "Allowing....I'm betting you are too late on telling them no, they've already got their foot in the door (already allowed to track, tap and use your phone info without warrant), it'll not be a fight to keep it from happening, but to try to get it reversed."

Call me paranoid, but sure glad I don't have one...
Old 04-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Roddy

Oh, and my friend's view was to the effect that only criminals need worry....I'm not so sure.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
The Effen Gee
Movin' on up!

The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee

Two words: Airplane Mode.
The Effen Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
Roddy

Yeah, she said just turn the tracking off, but I'm not sure that'll be possible...
Old 04-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #7
Hamster Lewis
Furry Moderator

Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Effen Gee
Two words: Airplane Mode.

And what does it matter anyway....we are all gonna be dead before the year is out.

In the beginning, man created god...

Science can fly you to the moon...religion flies you into buildings

BHC#1313 VHC#69 TGC#135
Hamster Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
Rosebud

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

I would not have even replied to this thread except on Monday I received a call from a young (22 year old) friend/adopted daughter, She adopted us. Anyway, she was suicidal and was cutting herself and told me she wanted to go be with her mom, who is dead. Then she hung up. I guess you know how happy I was when 911 assured me we could find her due to her phone. It didn't take long either. I for one was happy with this locating ability.
Just my 2 cents.

Grow journals: :Current grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=67420

Rick Simpson oil thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #9
Roddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster Lewis

And what does it matter anyway....we are all gonna be dead before the year is out.
Oh yeah....Dec 22nd, is it??
Old 04-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #10
Roddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
I would not have even replied to this thread except on Monday I received a call from a young (22 year old) friend/adopted daughter, She adopted us. Anyway, she was suicidal and was cutting herself and told me she wanted to go be with her mom, who is dead. Then she hung up. I guess you know how happy I was when 911 assured me we could find her due to her phone. It didn't take long either. I for one was happy with this locating ability.
Just my 2 cents.
I hear you there, Rose, and I really do understand there are good things coming from it....but lets put that same thought on a different shoe: You are in an abusive relationship, you are fearing for your life and run away to safety. You take your phone because hey, no one can get ahold of you otherwise and you need to be accessible, but this also allows for the one you're hiding from to be able to find you!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #11
Rosebud

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

I couldn't find her by myself. I needed help doing that.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #12
Roddy

I understand and I am thinking you are saying it isn't as easy as just hitting a button. However, you did it, and you said it didn't take very long....a worried husband calling to report a missing wife would likely have the same hurried results! Not trying to dismiss the good, just pointing out what we consider good could come back and nip us in the bud...so to speak!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #13
Rosebud

I hear ya and have never really considered this topic but i guess it is like anything else and it depends whose hands it is in. If anyone was tracking me they would get really bored.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #14
Grower13
a happy grower

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

I'm just afraid their gonna save a tracking record on the phones....... which would enable LEO to get the records if your charged and they would be able to see all your movements for the last 6 months to a year....... could bring the world down on all your peeps if they are doing the same as you.
Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #15
ColoradoLady

ColoradoLady ColoradoLady ColoradoLady ColoradoLady ColoradoLady ColoradoLady ColoradoLady ColoradoLady ColoradoLady ColoradoLady ColoradoLady

I hope it all turned out well for your young friend Rosebud. How terribly sad. I am so glad she respected and cared enough about you to call.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #16
Rosebud

Thank you CL, it was horrifying as she had a baby,a 2 year old, in the car. She is ok for now.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:56 AM   #17
Wetdog
Old Droopy Dog

Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog Wetdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2sm0ke
smart phone

Ill stay with my Dumbphone

$29.95 at Wally world, pay cash for the minutes.

*I* average >100 minutes/month. Not a big talker.

Love my Mac for the technology, but it sits on a desk.

Wet
Old 04-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
Time4Plan-B

The mobile phone sim card alone can and has had the ability to be tracked for a few years now even when the phone is switched off or battery dead and these smart phones yes i agree most have geo mapping built in as do the better dslr cameras so beware folks big brother is here for good.
Glad im not a criminal though.
P.s. 4u2smoke i have a 'dumb and dumber' phone cos im bigtime cost me a whole £30.
Lol
T4
Old 04-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #19
The Effen Gee
Movin' on up!

The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee The Effen Gee

^^^Nope.

Sim-cards are not self powered, and neither is the gps antenna, which is in ANY new phone with navigation.

Thats like saying your SD card has a battery pack, a transmitter and a receiver. A sim card is the same thing as an sd card, with less SOLID state storage.

Booya.
The Effen Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #20
nellschmertz

nellschmertz

Please just ignore me as I am a low-life SPAMMER

Last edited by The Hemp Goddess; 03-13-2013 at 03:53 PM.
nellschmertz is offline   Reply With Quote