First grow- DwC from seed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmateurAspirations

Reaction score
HI Everyone. This is my first grow and also my first journal. I have followed many on this forum and am proud to say I am now doing my own modest grow. I purchased some seeds a while back and I am now growing 2 of them out. THey are femmed seeds. One is 70% Indica and one 70% Sativa. I've been keeping logs of temps, rh and ph.
THe larger plant pictured is Green Ninja. It's 70% Indica and is actually only a day older than the smaller one which is Budziller, the Sat dom. They are sharing a 5 gallon tote for the moment. I have them under some low wattage CFL's until I can afford the ventilation to cool the room with my 400w lamp on in the summer heat. I change the water frequently (every 2 or 3 days) and have gotten the ph under control. It drifts upward some times.
IMG317-001.jpg

IMG316-001.jpg

IMG318-001.jpg

IMG313-001.jpg

IMG314-001.jpg

Looking good. I would pic up some higher wattage or more lower wattage CFLs and keep them as close as possible.

You are also going to want to get the plants into separate containers soon. The sat dominant will almost certainly be 2 or 3 times as tall as the Indica dominant. You are going to want the ability to raise and lower the smaller plant to keep an even canopy.

I see no reason to change the water every 2-3 days. What are you feeding them?

HI Hemp Goddess! Thanks for popping in!
I'm hoping to just get a fan and filter very soon so that I can get them under the HPS. But I may have to get some more CFL's for a while. The first thing I am going to do is get another bucket setup, like you suggest.
I'm not sure why the sativa is so much smaller than the Indica.
I've been changing the water often to keep the temperature from getting to hot. I'm feeding with a generic nute mix that came with the dwc kit. It's 10-5-14. Is the high potassium not a good thing for the veg cycle? I am planning to keep them vegging so that I can clone.

I bricked my phone while trying to root and flash it. So I no longer have a camera. But, the girls are beautiful! The Green Ninja is a very full and bushy plant. She has shoots coming from everywhere and giant broad leaves. The Budziller is a thin tall lady that has really matured.
I'm planning to clone them both but the Indica heavy Green Ninja is going to be much easier to select cuttings from. She has so many side shoots.
Hopefully later tonight I can grab a camera to show you guys whats happening with these two. I've never had plants grow like this
:)

Sounds like its going good AA. One thing though...you may want to get some nutes formulated for mj. I like the gh 3 part nutes like many others here, but they're not your only option. Just imo the best bang for your buck.

yeah gotta gree with lemon, mj nutes are the way to go. if your funds allow it, it wouldn't hurt to pick up some cal-mg as well.

...on a side note make absolutly 100% sure you bricked ur phone before trying to return it to the store/provider, or throwing it away. i'm a bit of a tech guy, and have been rooting, flashing roms, and overclocking my phones cpu's for the last 5 phones i owned. i thought i bricked a few of them, but turns out i didn't after doing a bit of research on the internet. just be 100% sure, becuase by rooting your phone you voided any warranty or insurance you may have purchased for your phone

I finally decided to just go ahead and flip the lights!
I've lost track of exactly how old they are. I'm guessing about 8 weeks.
The Green Ninja is huge. She's just a bush to be reckoned with. She's also got quite the odor about her. I'm going to have to buy a filter before long. When you walk past the closet you can smell fresh weed. Thankfully, this is a smoke em if you got em kinda place and anyone in the house is burning one anyway.
The Budziller is just as tall as the Green Ninja but she does not have the same structure. It's more like a an evergreen tree, just slim and tall. HEr bottom branches seem to tuck into the main stalk and grow parallel.
Yesterday they received their first feedings of Cal Mag and GH Flora. IT may just be me but when i checked in on them this morning, they already looked healthier. Dark green again with less yellowing at the tips of the leaves. Some of the stems have a bit of a yellow tint to them as well.But they are also coming back to a green as well.
Inside the bigger plant towards the lower quarter, there's some growth in their that seems to be rotting. I added some fans and am about to begin trimming the poor growth away.
THey've been in flower for only 3 days. I'm good to go ahead and trim off through the flower cycle right? promotes more bud growth and all?
Charging an old camera phone now to see if i can get some pics up. I'm rather proud of these two girls :)

AmateurAspirations said:
. I added some fans and am about to begin trimming the poor growth away....
I'm good to go ahead and trim off through the flower cycle right? promotes more bud growth and all?
:)

What are you talking about trimming? What do you mean by poor growth?

Yes, you can trim off the lower branches, this is called lollipopping and promotes fuller buds, not more bud sites! Don't take just leaves...ever.

Here is what they look like.... The big one, that's the Green Ninja (75% Indica) and the smaller one is Budziller (75% Sativa).
THG- Hi and thanks for stopping by! Down inside, close to the main stalk, There is growth that is much tinier than the rest of the plant. All it is doing is stretching for light. The leaves are so tiny tha they dont even cover my thumbnail. The picture with my hand in it has a leaf, just above my hand. IT's color is what you would see if i could get a clear shot of the inside of the bigger plant.
Roddy, what do you mean don't just take leaves? I have to take whole branches? I didn't expect more bud sites by trimming. I've read enough to know that cutting stuff down low sends energy elsewhere. I'm just not sure what to cut right now lol!
You guys talk about "the stretch" in the first few weeks of flower... What exactly is stretching? I'm wondering if those stretchy low lying shoots are important now. Good thing I havent cut anything yet. Now I'm just confused lol.

SNC00112.jpg

SNC00116.jpg

SNC00117.jpg

SNC00131.jpg

SNC00132.jpg

Hi everyone,
We're just about to start week 3 of flowering! The sativa has stretched way beyond the indica. She's finally taller than her cousin! I was worried about her as she had been a runt until now. She has many sites that are spewing white hairs. There are buds forming already too :D! God I can't wait!
The indica is just now beginning to show some bud even though she is hairy also.
I am trying to get pics added but my new toy isn't liking my computer to much just yet... I'll get them up though

So, I've avoided pests, malnutrition and just plain stupidity so far. My first run is almost over. I've got roughly 3 weeks left until I chop the girls down. I'm damn excited. IT smells like candy. They're getting sticky too.
I'm wondering if it's ok to cut away the lower branches that aren't receiving as much light? They have popcorn buds now. IF I remove them will it help or hinder my girls?
Just a couple more weeks!!!
The camera does not dothem justice. They look swaggy in the pics. They just have a ton of leaves in the buds.
*Edited to add photo's*

IMG_20120913_182001.jpg

IMG_20120913_182051.jpg

IMG_20120913_182040.jpg

IMG_20120913_181935.jpg

IMG_20120913_181951.jpg

IMG_20120913_182010.jpg

Latest posts

Back