Captains Log: OG Seeds - Wizards Potion (12 reg's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .
Reaction score
We're about to embark on an epic journey of mass green proportions! To boldly go where.. well.. many man (and women) have gone before...

*Cue amazing electronic Star Trek remix*

Hello all, and welcome again to the madness. My most recent (and first) journal seemed to really help everything about what I know along the way, and surely helped a few who were stepping in here and there... so here I go again. Hoping to take everything I've learned in the last half a year both here, and in my own experience / findings, to burst into a better growing form. Last time I nute burned the crapsauce out of nearly every plant in both tents. Also, we had massive heat waves and well.. let's just say it was an interesting, yet extremely successful first experience!

This time around I'm going to be running a strain from a breeder whom I love to follow. Besides this place (MP), he's single handily helped me with his tremendous amount of youtube vids.

Currently running: OG Seeds - "Wizards Potion" (12 regular seeds)
Current lighting: 6 under T5HO / 6 under 400w MH
Current nutrients: *UNKNOWN* Haven't decided, but I may just start out with my left over Xnutrients for initial veg phase...considering the Dutch Master Gold line, very much so.
Current grow space: 4x4 Lighthouse Grow Tent
Current medium: Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 (OH YEAH BABY.. love this stuff!)

Here's some pics to get you started. They have already fully germ'd, and just been transplanted today. They first vegged, all 12, under T5 only. Now, I don't have enough T5 space coverage... will be buying another fixture soon enough, but for now, this setup seems like it will work well for a bit.

Cheers everyone that dips into my thread! :aok: Thoughts etc? :D

*edit* Yes.. I know.. I probably should've transplanted a week ago! lol

*EditEdit* Original germination/planting date: 07-11-2013

NewBeginningsWide (1 of 3).jpg

NewBeginningsTall (1 of 4).jpg

NewBeginningsTall (2 of 4).jpg

NewBeginningsTall (3 of 4).jpg

NewBeginningsWide (2 of 3).jpg

NewBeginningsWide (3 of 3).jpg

NewBeginningsTall (4 of 4).jpg

ohoho u seem to be ahead in the race your light sabers look bigger then mine :)

i need more info when u start em?

very nice roots on those youngen's. They're happy plants for sure.

I'll slip on this Shirt :eek: and join your Away :fly: Team...lol...

Phasers set to :stoned:

p.s. With that openin I thought you were growing something from Next Generation Seed Company :rofl:

-good stuff :bolt:

now that you got your feet wet. its time to pull you away from the dark side of the force, and get you growing organic;). its a whole different obsession in itself. can never have too many of those:icon_smile:.

:48:

get you growing organic
Meh, I'd like to in a way, but I'm not quite interested in spending days and weeks "cooking" various things lol.

i need more info when u start em?
07-11-2013 They had tap roots out and got planted. They were sprouted the next day :D

@7greeneyes: Cheers for stopping in and taking part of the adventure. Love that your phasers are set to stoned, LOL! :)

Dr. Green Fang said:
Meh, I'd like to in a way, but I'm not quite interested in spending days and weeks "cooking" various things lol.

That is exactly my opinion. Maybe when I retire in 27 years I'll have time but right now with the business and family health problems and everything else, I just dont have time for any of that.

Now don't get me wrong here you Organic Officianado's, if I could I would get an organic grow going but not at this juncture.

And plus $30 and some change for two bags of FFOF that net me over a pound each harvest pays for itself, ime.

Yeah, I reallllly don't have the time to deal with extra things with the grow. I wish I did, because I'm loving the thought process and results involving organic!! I too, would go organic if it wasn't quite so demanding.

@7greeneyes: Yeah, I get a 20% off discount at my hydro store (made friends with owner and spent over $4k in there) so I get my Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 (highly recommend) for $28 a bag (2x the size of FFOF)

Something just happened between the 5th and 6th nodes tonight on all 12 of the younger ones.....

... that's right, it was FIM / Topping time!! :D

I attempted to FIM all 12 of them... so they are at least topped lol.

Now, who are the males and who are the females? Time to hurry up and wait.

On another note, the other tent has 2 Pineapple Chunk clones in it, that are about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks into flowering. pretty nice bud sites going on right now, with some trichs already starting to poke out.

nice to see progress. i only hope to have such good reports in a few weeks ;)

Awesome, 1 male decided to show show its danglies so I've culled it from the heard. Seems we're going to start getting some identifying going on now. :D

Also, Thursday marks 4 weeks down on my 2 PC clones. The buds are already working on building up, and hey.. guess what... NO nute burn so far! hah :)

No more signs of sex from any... man that one male reallllly wanted to come out and play. Would've surely made for a good breading plant? (I destroyed the crap out of that thing.. just curious) :D

maybe. Did it have visible trichs on it in veg? HAve a good smell when stems were rubbed? Sometimes plants that grow fast put a majority of their energy into the fiber production and not thc production.

Yes, all the plants so far have "baby trichs" (which I found awesome) and he had a WONDERFUL smell about him... as I pulled him apart through my fingers, dishing into the woods. lol

i seen some where a good way to confirm a winner male is run it thru flower and smoke the leaves to tell teh male thc lvl for x ref

where are pics droid guy

Pics of what? The male I destroyed? He wasn't worthy haha :)

Other than that, I'll get some pics when they recover from FIM'ing a bit more and look like they have some growth :aok: Cheers for staying tuned N.E.

Dr. Green Fang said:
Something just happened between the 5th and 6th nodes tonight on all 12 of the younger ones.....

... that's right, it was FIM / Topping time!! :D

I attempted to FIM all 12 of them... so they are at least topped lol.

Now, who are the males and who are the females? Time to hurry up and wait.

On another note, the other tent has 2 Pineapple Chunk clones in it, that are about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks into flowering. pretty nice bud sites going on right now, with some trichs already starting to poke out.

From a previous post of mine, yes I did FIM them :D Thanks for checking in skullcandy! :aok:

Alright well 1 more confirmed male (99%).. giving it till the morning. 1 other that I'm quite sure is a male.. and 1 that I think I'm seeing pistols on.

In the other tent we have the 2 Pineapple Chunk clones budding right on up nicely. And one pheno is short, bushy, with many nodes and very frosty already. :D

Will get pics in the morning. I got another plant (again) that has those harmless "pearl" looking things on it. Well, one in particular. It's literally just a calcium deposit or something. :confused2:

Pics tomorrow for sure.. :aok:

Ok here comes an update. Just a pick to show progress of the Wizards Potion, one of the males identified, and progress of the 4 week flowered clones. :D

3 males pulled, 1 female identified! 8 more identifications to be made :)

Growingalongweek3wide (1 of 6).jpg

Growingalongweek3wide (2 of 6).jpg

Growingalongweek3wide (3 of 6).jpg

Growingalongweek3wide (4 of 6).jpg

Growingalongweek3wide (5 of 6).jpg

Growingalongweek3wide(6 of 6).jpg

Growingalongweek3tall (1 of 2).jpg

Growingalongweek3tall (2 of 2).jpg

Latest posts

Back