A journey through space and time - Multiple Species

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .
Reaction score
Well, I deleted one of my last journals due to having some seedlings die and now having a bunch of stuff taking off.

This is what I'm running this round:

Critical HOG x5
Acapulco Gold x2 (I already know I'll never buy this again or anything else Barney Farms)*2015 after thought update.. After cure, the Acapulco Gold was quite decent. Would run again*
Cotton Candy x1
Sage N' Sour x1
Northern Lights X Big Bud AUTO x1

Growing 4 in hydro and 6 in Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 (two 4x4 tents) under 1200 watts each of HPS. Bulbs used are 1 Ultra Sun 600 watt and 1 Plantmax 600 watt in each of the two tents, and in doing this, I "cross" some stronger spectrums of each bulb. I mean this as the Plantmax bulb leans more on the Blue side, while the Ultra Sun Leans more toward the yellow. It's quite a nifty accident I had happen, but I really do enjoy the thought process behind having a possible benefit. :D

The soil run will be with Dutch Masters Gold line of nutes and the Hydro will be with Jungle Juice.. both lines will have Pure Blend Tea and Hygrozyme. I'll most likely run a bit of Bloombastic in a few of the feedings as well.

As always, any questions, comments or suggestions .. please speak up! :aok:

AnotherDayWide (4 of 4).jpg

Interesting line-up. It looks as if all 10 are planted in soil? What are you running hydro? Is it going to be organic hydro?

Hydro: 2x Acapulco Gold 1x Sage N Sour 1x Northern Light x Big Bud Auto
Jungle Juice 3 part - Hygrozyme - Pure Blend Tea - Bloombastic - Cal-Mag

Soil: 5x Critical HOG 1x Cotton Candy
Dutch Masters Gold 2 part - Hygrozyme - Pure Blend Tea - Bloombastic - CalMag - Foliar and saturator spray - Silica

I agree.. interesting and ... unexpected line up. Unexpected to me surely. *whoops*

Dr. Green Fang said:
Hydro: 2x Acapulco Gold 1x Sage N Sour 1x Northern Light x Big Bud Auto
Jungle Juice 3 part - Hygrozyme - Pure Blend Tea - Bloombastic - Cal-Mag

Soil: 5x Critical HOG 1x Cotton Candy
Dutch Masters Gold 2 part - Hygrozyme - Pure Blend Tea - Bloombastic - CalMag - Foliar and saturator spray - Silica

I agree.. interesting and ... unexpected line up. Unexpected to me surely. *whoops*

So few things have changed up.. mostly strains going into certain areas. Due to height / development and unforseen situations.. I'm now doing:

3x Critical HOG 1x Cotton Candy = Hydro
2x Acapulco Gold 2x Critical Hog 1x Sage N' Sour 1x Northern Lights X Big Bud AUTO = Soil

Hydro veg station setup and they are transplanted into their final pots, as well as the 6 in soil, in their final pots.

Here's a pic of the hydro tanks, and my (nearly complete) UC / Ebb+Flo Hydro flower station. :aok:

Please leave any and all thoughts.

HydroProgressWide (3 of 6).jpg

HydroProgressWide (4 of 6).jpg

HydroProgressWide (5 of 6).jpg

HydroProgressWide (6 of 6).jpg

yeah one....

:bong2:

lookin quite proper there, good Dr.

Keeper up:aok:

sucks bout Barney Farms but never read anyone raving about them for that matter...too bad....

MOJO

I have a couple ideas: in the veg tanks, the drain hole where the pump hose comes up through, I wouldn't have made that big. Only just about twice the size of the hose so that there is enough room for the water to drain by the hose back down into the tank. That size hoe may allow some algae to form but I wouldn't swear to it. I would get some metal tape and cover most of that hole.

I would have routed the hoses on the flower tanks a little different. I don't know if you can do it this way but it may help with circulation. I would route the hoses so that they form an 'M', with the center and legs of the M beginning and ending at the main rez. The center leg would have the first pump pushing the water from the main rez out to the back 2 tanks that would be positioned at the top corners of the M, and the front 2 tanks at the bottom of the legs of the M, then the return hoses would come off each of the front 2 tanks and go back to the main rez. I drew a picture of what I am talking about.

By the way, where are the kids in soil? I don't see any pics :)

IMG_20131014_172555_255.jpg

With the veg tank, I did the same type and size hole you did in your journal :confused2: It's big enough to get my dispersion head out when I lift it up.

As for the routing, I agree with what you've shown me for sure! :aok: Only issues I have, is... well.. 55 gallons of water I'd rather not take out to redo this lol! Also, my setup would be slightly diff than the picture, but I get the point.

Half my problem, is my totes are on the ground, but the hoses go through a passive intake, so that gives it a little over 1 foot of rise. The fluid isn't going from my rez back into the system fast enough, and it goes too fast with a pump.

My solutions are:

1) Raise the rez if possible.
2) Put little $5.00 pumps at each hole to get the circulation going
3) Drain and cut more holes like you suggested...

I'm probably going to do a combination of all 3.. who knows. I'll be sorting that out today.

As for the kids in soil, they are doing well.. I'll get a pic tonight when I can! :D Thanks Hush!

And thank you very much for your thought 7greeneyes! Appreciate you popping in and yes... screw B-Farms.

I have a great flow and the right amount of distance from the bottoms of my pots now. I've cut the holes for the pots, and just need to get the airstones going, and cut my scrog and prepare more.

Ended up using 45 gal.... I had 55 in there, but it was too much. 45 should be just fine.

Pics and more details to come soon. :aok:

I wouldn't run that entire setup w all that solution until they are big enough to need it.

I would set up a tub on top of those existing buckets and get a small submersible pump an ebb and flow them for several weeks at least before sticking them in that rig ya got set up. Would require a lot less water/solution.

Will save on nutes and hassle....

But that's just what I would do.

The 4 in this image: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=209540&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1381754075
are going into the 4 sites in this: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=209543&d=1381754075

So I'm not sure what you mean TOA :(

I grew them in red solo cups for 2 weeks, now I'm vegging them in ebb/flo stations, under T5, in the veg tent. Then, when they are big enough, they will go into the 4 sites in the 4x4 that I'm prepping now. So I believe you just suggested what is already going on, ya? :confused2:

Yeah what TOA was suggesting is exactly what you are doing with the veg area setup. He is correct, and you are there :)

Cheers Hush! :aok:

Here's an update. The 4 in hydro are MONSTERS! Man, never seen growth like this.. it's nuts!! The 6 in soil are also picking up nicely.

There's pics of everything, including a close up monitoring burn/def. I'm thinking it's either left over burn, or left over def (had a PH pen going flaky on me at the start!) If you see hairs on one of them, yep.. that's the auto. I already don't like autos... lol

Also, I'm deciding if it's time to top/fim today. I believe it is, as I'm at my 6th and 7th nodes now.. again.. DAMN that was fast!!

OverallProgressDeficiencyMore (1 of 2).jpg

OverallProgressDeficiencyMore (2 of 2).jpg

OverallProgressDeficiencyWide (6 of 10).jpg

OverallProgressDeficiencyWide (8 of 10).jpg

OverallProgressDeficiencyWide (4 of 10).jpg

OverallProgressDeficiencyWide (3 of 10).jpg

OverallProgressDeficiencyWide (9 of 10).jpg

OverallProgressDeficiencyWide (10 of 10).jpg

Yeah they look real good. I suspect that little bit of flaky looking spots is from the PH being off a bit. More often than not, if you have what looks like a deficiency that you can't nail down because it looks like multiple deficiencies, that is actually a PH problem or occasionally a toxicity issue. But yous is definitely PH at this point, or was PH.

I would definitely FIM those kids at first chance to get them to start bushing out some. They look to have fairly strong indica traits in the structure so its hard to say at this point how much they will branch out. I had an Indica dom that branched ok but every branch grew straight up. The damn thing looked like a cross between tobacco and corn :doh:

Alright, everything is FIM'd :D

Such good looking plants growing on here. So far I really dig this hydro stuff.

Sorry guys I missed your aim on this...

I thought the soil ones were diff and you were starting some new ones with the big rig too...

They crinkle is ph , the raised to lips is the light telling you she's low enough..

Hey TOA :ciao: What do you mean by "she's low enough"? The PH is low enough? I am noticing a slight yellowish look to the soil kids. It almost looks like they aren't getting enough nitrogen, or possibly the roots got a little burned from having nutes too early and are having to recover. I'm not sure though. What do you think?

Latest posts

Back