In the Test Room with PJ - Testing a new light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

P Jammers

I picked up a new test light recently which is not in production just yet but am told that it "could" be released before this journal is completed. I was a bit late to the show and several others testers have already done some work with it and have had real decent results out the gate. I've tested about 9 brands now and this one here at least on paper has me quite intrigued. It is rated at 360 watts and covers and area of 2x3.5 feet. More later on the light when we are allowed to speak on it more...

Been a while since I have run a journal here on MP and since I speak on the LED tech quite a lot, figured I'd do a journal here using techniques I have developed to lesson the cost of your overall production costs, and over all plant start to finish times.

If you read my post on using LED tech, this is it here front and center and you can see it happen right in front of your eyes.

First a bit about the room.

Room is 4 feet deep, 3 feet wide, and 7'10" tall. Walls are painted with exterior satin white paint.
Ventilation is passive and circulation is provided by an 190CFM fan. There are also two small tower fans at front and rear corners of system. Lights on room temp is 77 degrees, and light off is 70 degrees.

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

Growing method EBB flood and drain 2x3 Turbo Garden, 1 gallon pots, with Coco coir chips brand "Plantit" We are SOG style for this test

The food being used is General Hydroponics Nova Bloom series, Liquid Kool Bloom, Florablend, and Floralicious Plus.
View attachment 3.jpg

Cuts of mother were taken, rooted and vegged for 11 days in fine Coco coir using solo cups.
View attachment 4.jpg

At 11 days cutting were transplanted in to 1 gallon pots of Coco coir chips. Plants were under the 24/7 lighting schedule and flipped at day 14 of rooting 10/11
View attachment 5.jpg

10/14 plants have filled in quite nicely and are ready to be cleaned up.
View attachment 6.jpg

10/15 plants are all pulled out cleaned up and set back under the light.

Before
View attachment 7.jpg

After
This shot shows to tops of the plants all trimmed up and what I am allowing to flower. Most plants I tried to stay to around 7 to 11 total branches or main tops. Some are a few more due to them having 2 to three mains out the gate, but at this point I am more concerned with having as even of a canopy as I can have.
View attachment 8.jpg

Last shot here gives you a birds eye view at pot level.
View attachment 9.jpg

Current shot 8 days after trimming was completed as of today.
View attachment 10.jpg

Plants were about 5 inches at transplanting, 10" at trimming and about 14" now. Hoping to keep them to about 20" or so as I am told the advertized penetration is 16".

Now the fun begins.

Thanks for following along!

PJ

:yay::headbang::headbang2::clap:;):giggle::D:D:D I am so happy you are doing this. Thank you.!~~~~~~

:farm:<--- InTraining

:vap-leafy_wave:
Green Mojo for the grow
:48:

Well you know I am subbed for this one. Green Mojo Brother.

New LED ? Count me in. Read this yesterday, thought I got in then. Guess not, but I`m here now.

PJ,
Your girls look mighty fine. Pleasure to follow along.

nice! i'm glad i could watch this show

Hey, PJ. Great setup!

I'm actually going for a SOG myself.

So, if I have it correct you're doing 14 x 3.5L containers under 360w LED (400w HPS equivalent?) in a 1.3mx1m space.

What do you expect this to yield?

wow man I really love what you are doing with that turbo garden man looks like you have things really dialed in can't wait to see the end product and I think someone may be going shopping for a turbo garden lol :)

Hey, PJ. Great setup!

I'm actually going for a SOG myself.

So, if I have it correct you're doing 14 x 3.5L containers under 360w LED (400w HPS equivalent?) in a 1.3mx1m space.

What do you expect this to yield?
As for the container size yes you are close, They are 6x6x7" one gallon containers.

As for the comparable wattage this would be compared to a 1000 watt HPS only a little more than half the wattage.

As for yield, no idea but I imagine I'll top the 1GPW threshold barring any issues with the grower.
:farm:

Latest posts

Back