First Grow Random Seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCKush96

Reaction score
Hey guys so this is my first grow in a small box with cfls. The seeds are not bagseed just random could be the same could not haha. I am currently germinating a 2 right now and will update in a few days when they sprout. :watchplant:

What size box?
How many cfl?

Positive vibes bro. Can you post some pics?
Green mojo bro

Right now theres 2 26w 6500k for a dry run have some cat nip from seed til my seeds are done gotta have green for my cat too lol. Once the seeds sprout tho ill be moving them in and adding more cfls. The lights i have now are 4 26w 65k 1 42w 27k and 2 55w 27k and will arrange accordingly to the cycle box size is 22 wide 13 deep and 32 high (inches)

View attachment IMAG0080.jpg

Yeah just til my seeds sprout and then ill take it out haha and i added a cfl and a box to bring it closer to the lights. And thanks for the advice i have one of those splitters ill try to pick some more up soon

I'll second that the lights are way too far away. For seedlings I usually start with a single 26w CFL about 2-3 inches from the top of the plant. Make sure you have a desk fan or similar fan pointed at it to keep the air circulating.

And I'll add the best piece of advice I think most first time soil growers need to hear: don't overwater. Once the seedling sprouts, you want to let the soil get very dry between waterings. Water heavily but not frequently. And no fertilizer for awhile! You'll be tempted, resist the temptation.

Took the shells off after a couple days advice of Rosebud and they both seem to recovering well. The smaller one looks to be a runt i guess :laugh: they look smaller and less green in the picture but that may be bc im looking at it from my phone

View attachment received_785464621523304.jpeg

You aren't feeding them anything are you? The cotyledons are looking a bit yellow and maybe burned...even the first true leaves of the smaller ones are looking....not happy. They also look like they might be a bit dry. You do not want them too wet, but it is easy for them to get too dry when they are so little and fragile.

Seeds often pop at different times. The smaller one could end up being just as good as the one that popped first

I do not "pre-germ" the seeds in a glass of water, paper towels or anything like that. There really is no reason to do that if the seeds are not old and dried out and there are some down sides to not planting directly into your medium. Mandala's seed site has a good germination guide that I quite like (I have had no problems using rapid rooters though).

If the source of your random seeds was a bag of weed, then yes you are using bagseed and are chancing hermies. When you get to the flowering stage you will have to be diligent watching them....but that is 6-8 weeks down the road, so not a worry til then.

They dont look that yellow in person but the tips of the cotyledons are yellow when i moist the shells and took them off no force they just lightly slid off. I have not been feeding them. And the seeds were not pulled from a bag of weed i got them from another grower i know, who bought em from a dispensary . He gave me a list of the strains they could be just not sure. I asked for a couple random ones. Thanks for your input THG ill make sure to work on the watering.

Well then, hopefully you have some good genetics.

When they are little they are just so fragile. I think that getting them from the seedling to the vegetative stage can be one of the most easy to screw up. Just keep an eye on them and try not to keep them either too wet or too dry, do not let them get completely dried out.

I don't know why, but pics often show the plants looking a littler yellow than they really are. Good to know it is just the pic. The adventure is just beginning!

Yes this part seems to be the most nerve racking but also super exciting being the beginning :woohoo:

I think they need water unless you have already watered them. SO glad the shell came off ok for you. YAY.

Yeah ive been watering from the bottom and misting sides upclose. Am i doing it wrong? The smaller one has a root coming out from the bottom i was thinking it needs to be put in soil since roots dont do well out of the pellet

I would not be misting anything. Stems that get too wet can cause damping off and they simply do not need it. Wait until you see good root development out of the bottom before you transplant. They DO NOT need to be transplanted at the first sign of roots coming through. What will you be transplanting into? Your soil mix is important.

Latest posts

Back