This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

Hi Peeps,

I have been in a cloning slump and so i got some new stuff and going to take some clones and start some seeds.. I love amazon. There is no reason to leave the house..lol

Thanks for stopping by. I have had no reason to grow as i am still up to my eyeballs in pot...but that is going away slowly making rso lately.

I have a new heating mat I purchased and will be putting the seedlings in a window on that mat in natural daylight till ready for T5s. Then Led veg and then led grow.. OK, lets do this.

Just curious. What ingredients are in your cloning gel?

I love online buying. I almost never shop bricks and mortar any more. :)

Ok Hackerman, you made me put my glasses on... tiny print.. Derived from: kelp,soybean meal, (better not be gmo's soy), and potash. It says on the label used for food crops only... wonder what that means. I wish the fda would do away with "natural" on labels, that means nothing. But the FDA says they can't possible keep up with all the chemicals in our food...great.. sorry, mini rant.

OK, count me in. Gonna watch your way of cloning. Let`s see that green thumb at work. Good luck.

Derived from: kelp,soybean meal, (better not be gmo's soy), and potash.

Is that the cloning gel or the soil? Sounds like the soil. I was wondering what is in the cloning gel.

I'm in for this grow too, greenest of mojo Rose. I too have some CBD crew in the ground GSC and Yummy

This may be too old school for some but I boiled willow bark down to a tea and used it, it has a natural rooting hormone in it, so basically I drop in a rapid rooter, squeeze excess out and pop in my clone put the humidity lid on and mist the rooter's with the willow bark spray as needed. Seemed to always work well for me when I cloned for outdoor guerrilla grows.

"“Willow Water” is a homebrew plant rooting hormone that is easily made and can be used to increase the strike rate (growth of roots) of cuttings that you’re trying to propagate.

The way that it works can be attributed to two substances that can be found within the Salix (Willow) species, namely, indolebutyric acid (IBA) and Salicylic acid (SA).

Indolebutyric acid (IBA) is a plant hormone that stimulates root growth. It is present in high concentrations in the growing tips of willow branches. By using the actively growing parts of a willow branch, cutting them, and soaking them in water, you can get significant quantities of IBA to leach out into the water.

Salicylic acid (SA) (which is a chemical similar to the headache medicine Aspirin) is a plant hormone which is involved in signalling a plant’s defences, it is involved in the process of “systemic acquired resistance” (SAR) – where an attack on one part of the plant induces a resistance response to pathogens (triggers the plant’s internal defences) in other parts of the plant. It can also trigger a defence response in nearby plants by converting the salicylic acid into a volatile chemical form.

When you make willow water, both salicylic acid and IBA leach into the water, and both have a beneficial effect when used for the propagation of cuttings. One of the biggest threats to newly propagated cuttings is infection by bacteria and fungi. Salicylic acid helps plants to fight off infection, and can thus give cuttings a better chance of survival. Plants, when attacked by infectious agents, often do not produce salicylic acid quickly enough to defend themselves, so providing the acid in water can be particularly beneficial.

Willow water can be made from cuttings of any tree or shrub of the willow family, a group of plants with the scientific name of Salix. The more cuttings that are used and the longer they are soaked in water, the stronger will be the resulting willow water. Recommendations for the exact method of soaking vary. Cold water can be used, and soaking times of four or more weeks are often quoted. Other gardeners use boiling water to steep the willow twigs and soak the mixture for around 24 hours. " - author unknown.

Oh you know you have my curiosity here lady. I'm growing quite a bit of CBD crew right now too, GSC and Yummy

I have been trouble cloning lately, too. So I am going to do a little aero setup.

I also have some CBD Crew seeds. I have 2 out of 3 CBD seeds (Durga Mata II) out of the rapid rooters. They came up really fast. One had a hard time popping its hull. I am hoping it survives. I will be following your Nordle grow Rosebud. I have 2 other strains and no other seed has popped its head through yet.

Kraven--I am making willow water now.

Is that the cloning gel or the soil? Sounds like the soil. I was wondering what is in the cloning gel.

Hackerman, that is the rootstock gel ingredients.

Kraven, thanks for the recommendation on the willow water, i just told someone this week about that. I will be using that to water. Love that idea, have not used it yet. Thanks for all that info.

Lyfespan, THG, glad ya'll are here.

Yooper, oh dear, now i am under pressure to perform...couldn't i just show you some roses and you would be impressed? I will be trying to get it right. My last 2 attempts at cloning were bad. I have done well for years but I think I caught the lousy cloner bug from THG, she just got it too.

Yeah, I just don't understand how that happens. You do well at cloning for years and years and then all of a sudden, you don't and can't figure out why. Trying an aero setup....having trouble with the water escaping out the rim of the bucket though. Will work on that today. I am putting some willow water in the res. I think that I will also try a few in rapid rooters. I never had any luck with rockwool....regardless of how easy multi though it was, I could never get his method to work.

I have had the cloning thing work and not work so many times. I'm trying to teach my son how to root clones. We used clonex and had so so results, maybe 60%. They took longer than they should have and took longer than usually to start new growth. Started using gro and dip, and it went to 90% +.

I have had the cloning thing work and not work so many times. I'm trying to teach my son how to root clones. We used clonex and had so so results, maybe 60%. They took longer than they should have and took longer than usually to start new growth. Started using gro and dip, and it went to 90% +.

I found with the clonex if you put it on the stems right at the cube you will root in days, if you dip and stick, it can take a week or longer.

I will be trying the dip and forget it method this year, dip it and don't put it in media.

I have been trouble cloning lately, too. So I am going to do a little aero setup.

I also have some CBD Crew seeds. I have 2 out of 3 CBD seeds (Durga Mata II) out of the rapid rooters. They came up really fast. One had a hard time popping its hull. I am hoping it survives. I will be following your Nordle grow Rosebud. I have 2 other strains and no other seed has popped its head through yet.

Kraven--I am making willow water now.

Hope it works well for you, it takes some time to get the strength right, I would boil mine for an hour then let it sit overnight, that seemed to be about right...smells a little funny but boy does it work. Let me know how you make out THC.

I'm in too Rose, watching intently...greenest of mojo to you.

Hey Rose! Reading the "up to my eyeballs in pot" put a smile on my face checking in. Mojo on getting things going this year. Pulling up a seat :48:

Looks amazing Rose, great work....greenest of mojo for the rest of the grow, clones.

Thanks Kraven, i can't let you leave me in the dust with your last show off grow! It will be hard to outdo you, won't happen. Thank you for coming by. Boy, ya take a pic of your closet and you see how dirty it is... oh dear.

Latest posts

Back