The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .
Reaction score
**Update, 4-7-2015 **
After a bit this goes from HPS to LED entirely. Just generally FYI

Well, no crazy thread titles for this one. This will be the journal I just constantly update. Hope some of you join me for this, as this is going to be fun!

I have settled on 6 strains that I'm going keep running for most likely a couple of years or more. I think there's something great and knowledgable getting to know a strain very well. Find out what it wants the most, how to get it to maximize itself. Also, I've found some strains that just "work" for me.

Room rundown:

- One 4x4 Tent for Veg
- Two 4.5 x 4.5 tents for flower, staggered by 4 weeks
- Two 4' / four bulb Sunblaze T5HO for Veg
- 8x Mars II 400w LED fixtures
- DWC in 18 gal Rubbermaid Totes
- Jungle Juice / Cal-Mag / Liquid KoolBloom / Rhizotonic / Thrive Alive (transplanting only) / Bloombastic / Hygrozyme / Pure Blend Tea /
- Strains: (all currently from my clones)
◄ G13 Labs, Cinderella 99 (This is my favorite)
◄ OG Seeds, Merlot OG (*discontinued*)
◄ DNA Genetics, Tangilope
◄ G13 Labs, Pineapple Express
◄ Dinafem, Cheese
◄ Delicious Seeds, Critical Sensi Star

- Training methods used: Top or FIM (try to FIM) / LST / Super Cropping / Excess foliage removal (this is subjective to each and every grower)

Ok, so basically I've been running these all from seed for awhile. I've also darn near mastered (IMO) the art of cloning, FINALLY!! So I've been able to keep all these strains. I would like to keep them all going, but we'll see. Not sure who I'd get rid of, as I absolutely love them all for their own reasons. I had 8 strains and already eliminated two. I must say, the C99 out performs every aspect of growing. It takes the biggest beating (poor growing) and shows the healthiest of all plants in the face of adversity. It produces the HARDEST nugs I've ever seen, and the smell / terrapins in this are out of this world!

Here's the first pic update, and since I'm in a hurry I may come back and update the thread soon with some more text...

Yes, some of the pics have bad focus... yes, my flowering tent (last soil run) has yellowed...yes, there's a lot of stretch in veg, I just bury the stems and it also allows me to make them wider earlier on in their lives.

Any and all questions please ask! Would love to see some major member participation in this one. I'm back to Hydro, and this is surely going to be a show! Last run when I was hydro I was hitting 7 - 10 Oz's dry from singles. (Strain; Delicious Seeds Cotton Candy)

*After thought*
The tent with current 18 gal's is vegging more with two 400w MH hoods. I'm thinking of getting them to 24" before I flip. They are currently 18" tall. Also, the one tent flowering currently is my LAST soil(ess) run.

View attachment 20150228-IMG_2593.JPG

View attachment March1stTALL (1 of 4).JPG

View attachment 20150228-IMG_2596.JPG

View attachment 20150228-IMG_2597.JPG

View attachment 20150228-IMG_2606.JPG

View attachment 20150228-IMG_2598.JPG

View attachment 20150228-IMG_2599.JPG

View attachment 20150228-IMG_2604.JPG

View attachment 20150228-IMG_2605.JPG

View attachment March1stWIDEmessup (1 of 1).JPG

View attachment March1stTALL (3 of 4).JPG

View attachment 20150228-IMG_2601.JPG

View attachment 20150228-IMG_2608.JPG

View attachment March1stTALL (4 of 4).JPG

Switched to water farming huh ? So far, so good.

I started with Soilless, then did a VERY elaborate hydro system last year (check old journals) in which I had HUGE success, but carrying water was an issue I've since fixed. So, I went back soilless thinking it would be "less work and easier to maintain" ... how wrong I was.

Biggest thing now; I have 100% control over my root zone!!! I can not stress how important this is to me! My root zones have been dropping into the low 50's (YIKES) and it's been locking out Nitrogen along with countless other issues. Hydro runs through me... it IS me. I have just the absolute best time with it, and best results!

Thanks for tuning in Yooper! :aok:

Water would be a problem for me too if I switched. That and by growing in a soil (less) medium I am able to leave it for 3-4 days and not be overly worried.

It's the opposite for me. My soilless wants to be watered or fed EVERY single day... but my DWC 18 gal totes can go about a solid WEEK before I even have to touch them. Sure, I get a slight bit of PH drift, I just go in my room.. check my res... adjust, and done. Barely ever adding back. But, if I do add back, it's so easy! When I feed my soilless I'm doing that by hand every single day. It's getting to be annoying lol

Hats off to ya if you're doing soil correctly! I seem to be water bound, is all :D

It's the opposite for me. My soilless wants to be watered or fed EVERY single day... but my DWC 18 gal totes can go about a solid WEEK before I even have to touch them. Sure, I get a slight bit of PH drift, I just go in my room.. check my res... adjust, and done. Barely ever adding back. But, if I do add back, it's so easy! When I feed my soilless I'm doing that by hand every single day. It's getting to be annoying lol

Hats off to ya if you're doing soil correctly! I seem to be water bound, is all :D

I find that I can leave my DWC grows for a lot longer than my soil grows. Your plants are looking wonderful. C99 was my fav sativa until I discovered Satori. I always ran Joey Weed's C99 and when he quit breeding, I just went looking for another sativa I liked. I have grown a coupe of the others you have in your lineup.

I've heard mixed reviews in the past on G13 PE, but after popping 5, I found 2 AMAZING phenos!

Curious which ones you ran, how you ran them, and any experiences you have with them THG! :D

Thanks about saying they look wonderful. After MONTHS of major issues and piss poor yields (excuse the language) I had to do something, and the only thing I knew that was 100% for me was going back Hydro. You can just control the root zone SO much better.

It's amazing some of you doing organic and having the results and health you do. My hat is OFF to you all, seriously. I'm just happy to get back to flat out leaves, green leaves, and explosive growth! :D

DGF, I am going back to hydro, too.

I ran a Cheese one time and have run 5-6 PE. However, unlike you, I was not able to find a good phenol. I have an Exodus Cheese freebie that I will start soon, depending on how my clones do. I have a couple of Satori, some Chucky's Bride (I did get a girl!), and a few Boy Scout Cookie (I found a phenol I really like) I put in a bubble cloner yesterday. Keeping a close eye on it and keeping my fingers crossed.

I agree on the organic growing and my hat is off, too. I just cannot get my organic grows to do near as well as some of you do(Rosebud I am talking about you :giggle:)

I loves my Dwc'c When im growing. Thanks to THG.

Looking real good Grow Bro :D I would subscribe to this one but I can't figure out how to do it :doh:

It seems like it's right here. :D Thanks for wanting to subscribe!

Thanks everyone for stopping in! I hope to see each and everyone of you around the area.

@THG: It's great to see you working your way back! Seems we both 'floated' back around the same time, eh?

View attachment ClickHere.JPG

I grew a g13 PE outside last season and I really liked it. Still smoking it too.

Yup! Nice! I didn't get the purple colors though. Temps or pheno? Speaking of, think ill go grind up some :ccc: I love the fruity flavor of it

I grew PE outside couple yrs ago. Was a tough plant,, and awesome taste and high. Nice job.

Latest posts

Back