Learn How Plant Use Nutrients- for beginners and experts alike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooch

Reaction score
When i came across this video, it was 3 weeks or so ago. since then it has morphed my grow into a monster. It has taught me not only how to grow better, but how to understand what is happening. The first link is going to be the video that introduced me, the second is a link to sign up for free to sit in and ask questions directly to this genius of the plant world.
Full Plant Nutrient Rundown by Harley Smith (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube
and here is a link to NPK university
NPK University Online and In-Store Education

here are my plants before and after watching the video this is 2 weeks. First pic is 2 weeks into flowering very few bud sites and small flowers at the ones that existed. @nd pic is after i cut my nutrients almost in half, and then added some phosphorus because the plant uses phosphorus at the beginning of flowering to build more bud sites. I just stopped using the phosphorus and started using potassium which the plant uses in the 2nd half of flowering.

View attachment 10-29-2.jpg

View attachment 11-14-1.jpg

Have you been foliar feeding or spraying stuff on the leaves? If not, i am afraid you have thrip. And where are the fan leaves in the second picture?m Pretty flowers gooch.

well i had the spidermite issue so i have been using mighty wash and the spider mites seem to be under control but i took off a crap load of fan leaves to get rid of a bunch of leaves with spider mites on them. I dont know what a thirp is but i dont have anything flying in the tent.
I actually stripped the plants before i changed my nutes to this new style called spoon feeding

If you had Thrips, the stuff you used to kill the spider mites most likely would take out the thrips as well. Thrips are notorious for beginning at the bottom of the plant and working up, where spider mites seem to start more at the top and work down.

They have bounced back well. The buds are getting fatter. Looks like you are doing the right stuff for them. :)

wait till tomorrow nights update omg i think i can see them getting fatter if i stare long enough
:shocked::woohoo::watchplant:

I think it is a mistake to remove the leaves. I think your yield will suffer, but I hope i am wrong.

Thrip is a sucking insect, so tiny you can only see the trace on the leaf margins where they sucked the juices out of the leaf. They can be white or brown and be seen with a loupe. I use a 60X, but i am old. They aren't as bad as the" borg", spider mites, but they can make another wise healthy plant look pretty bad. Plus they are icky.

I like using blue and yellow sticky traps to let me know if anything is in the vicinity that wants to jump on my plants. You can see the thrip on those. Blue ones are for thrip.
Probably more then you ever wanted to know about thirps.

No i appreciate it and if you see something that looks like them then i will get some traps and see what gets caught. I am spraying them every 3-5 days with mighty wash

They will be ok then if you are treating with mw. I like that stuff. The thing about spider mites is they get used to one treatment rather quickly then you will need to use something different next time. I like SNS products too. Then another thing if you are going organic you might think about is EM1.. check it out. I used it on my outdoor grow and never had a mite or a thirp. It is pretty amazing stuff.

yea i have sns217 but it has a very strong odor and it filled my house with the smell, and my youngest is sensitive to harsh smells, but it was my fault for not redirecting the exhaust fan. But i do have it, and i will check out EM1 Thank you

I will be watching and hopefully asking a ton of questions tonight at 8pm for Harley smith who is a genius when it comes to plant nutrition this lesson is called plant nutrition II organic biostimulants
for free and listen and ask questions and get answers

Thanks Gooch. Looks like I have a lot of video watching to do.

yes i am watching them all in a loop for the next 5 years lol

Latest posts

Back