Buckeye Purple and Super Buckeye Clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES pup, pic worthy of framing. damn nice old guy!!! long buds!! even the leaves look thick and exceptionally frosty never mind the bud color variances.

i wanna see more on t5 flowering slightly larger areas. sorry oldguy, how many lights u got inside what sized area?? CONGRATULATIONS brother.

I have 6 4 ft hot5's in a 4 foot by 2 foot area. The tent is 4 ft tall. I use 4 3000 kelvin, 1 10000 kelvin and 1 10000 kelvin with uv bulbs in flower.

Way to get it done with the T5's bro!!

thx bud and 'hopper. looking forward to sampling some of this. my wife is looking forward to a house that does not reek of cannabis. my son said he could smell if from the street when we were trimming even with the house closed up. lol...

i've got the buds jarred up. hope i didn't screw up and let them get too dry. the popcorn is in the 55% range. bummer. the good buds are round 62-ish so i think that they should be ok. less than 24 hours and they went from way too wet for jars to borderline too dry. and the yield is not what i had hoped for. probably 155-160 grams including the popcorn buds. around 110 is good budage. i am going to admit that t5's, though they can grow some good smoke, are not good for yield. it could be that they are poor for indica dominant strains though. i got some really good yields on a sativa dominant strain but i flowered for 14 weeks...

i most definitely need to up my game and grow setup. i got 48 grams of buckeye purple bud and 49 grams of super buckeye bud plus 22 and 27 grams respectively of pop corn for a total of 146 grams or a little under a half gram per watt using my t5 bulbs. the smoke is awesome but the yield is weak. part of the problem as i see it is i need to do a better job of pruning so i don't get as much pop corn and that energy is focused on the good colas. also growing 4 plants in a 4x2 ft footprint 'mothers' tent using t5's is not optimal. i know pretty much everyone has said t5's are good for vegging but not flowering and i have fought that ideology but i surrender. not sure when my next grow is but i need to revamp and retool...

i did learn that (as many have told me) less is better as far as nutes go. this herb tastes so much better than my previous grows and i used about half the recommended nutes and stopped using anything a bit over 2 weeks before harvest. i didn't flush really, i just let the plants start to use up what was in the soil. and sns 209 is the bomb diggety. i had some mites and my treatments with a variety of products controlled them but they seemed to go away then re-bound. when i used the 209 without any foliar treatment, in a couple of weeks i was mite free. good stuff.

Good work under less than optimal conditions :) You might be able to get a little more with selective pruning and more bulbs. I would use an 8bulb for something like that but it varies so much depending on the plants.
T5HO does work well for a small grow but to get the bigger tighter denser buds, you need more lumens that will drive farther. But in a tight space, you can only do so much without having forbidding heat buildup.

yep. that is my dilemma at this point, pup. my grow area gets warm with the lights on even with just the t5's. i have a vent to the outside that will fix that but even with a carbon filter, when i use the outside vent, the smell spreads. maybe need a better quality filter(tried 2 different htg supply filters). the tent i have is intended as a mothers tent anyway. this was never really going to be my long term setup but in all honesty, it keeps the fogeys flush with herb. however the grower in me wants to grow figuratively as well as literally. this will probably result in me retooling when i get around to my next indoor grow. maybe in the fall. i have a clone left (lost track of what it is - either buckeye purple or super buckeye) and i'm probably going to plant her outside and get some clones off her. right now she is pretty sickly with a temperature induced nute lockout. the basement is too cold without the lights, fans and dehumidifier going but i am not going to run all that stuff for one little plant. she is living upstairs with the fogeys for now though mrs fogey is not on board with that as a long term plan...

Latest posts

Back