Satori and Super Lemon Haze grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud88

Reaction score
This journal is starting a little late but there is mention of it in my last journal.
One girl is a clone from my last Satori grow(left). The other is grown from seed Super Lemon Haze feminized(Green House seeds).
3 and 5 gallon pots.(different size for no particular reason other than it evened the canopy..loll). Medium is Growstone GS-3/ProMix HP mix(added the GS-3 for added aeration) with some Great White added.
Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice 3 part along with AN supplements as well as Terpinator and Sugar Daddy in flower.
I plan to do a SCROG with them afer learning that the SLH can stretch quite a bit..
4 x 4 x 80" tent
Veg lighting..T5HO 4' 8 bulb
Flower lighting 1000 watt HPS cool tube with XL wings.

View attachment 20160119_220538.jpg

Thinking that I will transplant into 7 gallon. smart pots over the weekend and flip next Friday/ Saturday. Thx for stopping in GH!

They are both looking just wonderful. Great job!

IMO, it is a big too late to scrog now. Scrog training needs to start early in veg so you get the main branch growing horizontal and bud sites growing horizontal. You still can do some super cropping and a little LST is they get too tall though.

If you have an uneven canopy, the easiest way to deal with it is to raise the shorter plant up with boxes or something similar. What are the black square things on the top of the medium?

THG.. thank you for the kind words! The black things are watering rings that I picked up for when I decide to try hydro. I figured why not make it easier on myself. So rather than hand water I just hook a hose up to them and put the pump in the bucket of solution.(hand watering always causes the nerve pain in my hand/arm to flair up).

If it's too for a traditional SCROG could I put the screen in place to control the potential stretch of the Super Lemon Haze? Depending on which pheno, she could stretch 3 times her size in early flower. I know I could tie her down( that's what I did with my single plant Chemdog grow last
year). Again I'm trying to limit my hand/arm use.(fifty year old body with an 80 year old right arm)

Disregard any yellow leaf areas in the pictures . They're illusions caused by the lighting and camera. A valuable lesson learned.last night. Do NOT smoke Satori at 10pm if you plan on going to sleep earlier than 3am or later..I am actually looking for something else to do. HaHaHaHa...Anyone hitting some heavy Indica? If so...Pass it here. ..lmao....:48:

LOL--I always tell people that. Smoking Satori at night will cause you to do things like rearranging your kitchen cupboards at 1 in the morning.

I think that LST is the way to go at this point. Looking good!

I am thinking about growing a Super silver haze. Have you smoked this strain? if so please share the high. ThG turned me onto satori when i first got here. i think she should be in the will. I love satori. Your plants look great.

The last indica I had was called San Fernando Valley kush, wow it smacked me in the head hard lol. 15 min later I was out for 9 hours! I hope my Larry OG grows well, I live Kush varieties. Cheers on your grow again!

Rose, I haven't had SSH but have had the the SLH and I would compare it to well grown Trainwreck without the function loss..lol... I've had the chance to get some SSH at the dispensary on a couple of occasions but both times the people that I know there steered me away from it saying it wasn't grown that well. I am hoping that it's just because it hasn't cured but the Satori doesn't taste anything like I expected from the smell of it.

"but the Satori doesn't taste anything like I expected from the smell of it."

this makes me even more excited for my satori to finish lol... it will be the first time iv been able to fully flower satori and i just cant wait hahaha... 3/8/2016 is my first Satori harvest and it just cant come fast enough!

next seeds i buy will have to be satori. i love cannabis that makes you do stuff. i have some greenhouse seeds thai that has a similar effect. congrats on the awesome satori grow. beautiful buds and great yield. pulling up a chair for this journal...

Transplanted into 7 gallon smart pots and moved my girls into the flower tent. Gave them their first watering with the JJ flowering regimen. I will give them two days with HPS at 75% then go to 100%. You would never know that I have been defoliating both of them throughout the veg cycle.
My ballast was getting noisy so I switched to my backup (new). It has an 110% setting. Does anyone have this and use it? Wondering if it would shorten the life of the ballast?

View attachment 20160128_033918.jpg

So I had 4 clones from my last Satori grow.. but decided to only grow out one along with the SLH. Wanted to give both of them plenty of room in my tent. I tried to find homes for them but for whatever reason the peeps that I know weren't interested.(their loss but I get it) I didn't have the heart to kill them all off so I kept them in my little cabinet in their small pots and decided to make one a mother for a future grows. Last night I decided to transplant one of them into a larger pot and veg it for a couple of weeks. Then move it into my flower tent to fill the empty space. This should make it so that I can harvest at least 1 plant every 4 to 5 weeks instead of waiting the full 9/10 weeks...
Should also allow me to pop some more of the genetics I have(Trainwreck, C99,The Church, Jon Doe) sooner rather than later without needing more flower space.

ooh that Cindy 99 you are gonna love... not sure about growing it but its amazing smoke, as with the Trainwreck, good bud too... and those gals are looking great

Thanks for stopping by SK....it's so hard trying new genetics with limited space. I grew a great NL#5 before the Satori and it sucked to not keep it going. I want to grow some LA Confidential but the genetics I have are glad they're out of stock...lol

Latest posts

Back