Growing Marijuana Forum Bud Pic of the Month!

sawhse
Dalahaze
Bud Pic of the Month!

JustAnotherAntMarching
DNA's Lemon Skunk
Old 12-19-2006, 01:40 AM   #1
bearsbuds
New to It

bearsbuds
Default just started budding my first crop of clones

At 53 years old I have been a legal medical marijuana user for three years now. Also take Marinol for wasting syndrome and central nervous system relaxant. Finally got around to getting set up for growing. Am using 1000 watt Halide. Clones started under flourescent light first month or so. Plants around three months old. Was on 24 hour, but went to 12 and 12 when bud hairs started forming. Been under 12 hour for about a week now. Good bud distribution throughout lower part of plant. Plants only 18 inches tall, but bushy. Have already cloned out center stalks. Not sure which leaves to prune for maximum output. Any help for this rookie?

Last edited by bearsbuds; 12-19-2006 at 01:59 AM.
bearsbuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:54 AM   #2
parkingjoe

hi and welcome bearsbuds.

i assume your strain/strains are self flowering verieties due to the fact they started to form pistils on 24/7 light.

anywaydont prune any leaves whatsoever especially when so recently into flower.

you only need take off the fan leaves (biggest leaves when they start to shade budsites underneath).

as plants need fan leaves to photosynesise-spelt incorrectly im sure- its counter productive to remove any leaves- most growers dont take any off unless they are dead such as in last stages of flowering when they go all yellow and crispy.

cloned out centre stalk i assume you mean you have taken the main stem growth as a clone if im right then your plant is effectively "topped" which in itself opens up the whole plant to better light penetration all the way doen to the lower budsites......

give us dudes some more info

1. strain

2. compost or

3. hydro-what method

4. nutrients used

5. room temps dimentions etc etc etc.

hope we can all help ya out dude thats what were here for.

happy xmas everybody...

pkj
Old 12-19-2006, 02:13 AM   #3
bearsbuds
New to It

bearsbuds
Default bearsbuds

This 53 year old lady has always had a green thumb, but I am becoming totally obsessed with growing beautiful bud. I have three plants on a table in my laundry room. I use Pro-Mix with very diluted Miracle Gro. Plants are surrounded with Mylar and aluminum foil. Yes, I did clone out my middle stalks to provide light to lower buds. Have 8 to twelve budding stalks on each plant. Buds are approaching one inch. Not sure of strain, but believe my little ladies are a Northern Lights hybrid. Thanks for answering so quick
Old 12-19-2006, 03:02 AM   #4
Hick
Git "R" lit

Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick

Quote:
you only need take off the fan leaves (biggest leaves when they start to shade budsites underneath).
...Actually..IMHO, removing large healthy leaves can never be healthy or productive for a plant. The leaves are 'vital' for photosynthesis, for transpiration, and for moving/transporting water and nutrients throughout the plant as needed.
"I" don't believe pistills and small budleaf benefits as much from the direct light, as do the large fan leaves, nor benefit the plant as well.
I do think there can be some benefit by "skirting" or trimming some of the lower growth from underneath the canopy. It won't recieve the needed light to produce quality buds, and allows more resources to be used at the canopy, where light is abundant.

...not 'dissing' your growing ability or advice pkj, just a different perspective on the matter.

"Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html
Site Rules.. Please read 'em..

Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:29 AM   #5
THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Welcome to MP. Hope to see ya around.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:08 AM   #6
parkingjoe

hi hick i did mean to say dont take fan leaves off unless they are below the canopy and really really not getting any light due to above leaves and also shading budsites and i realise photosysnise-spelt wrong agin- is all important.

dont take off any leaves dudes

lol

pkj
Old 12-20-2006, 05:42 AM   #7
Tonto
Dry as a bone

Tonto Tonto Tonto Tonto Tonto Tonto Tonto Tonto Tonto Tonto Tonto

I would get rid of the foil and use only mylar. Here's some big things for growing:

Have a fan on them to help them grow stronger
Metal Halide is for Veg, HPS(high pressure sodium) is for flower
Go easy on nutes and progress slowly
Patience is the best thing you have going
Glad to see you here, keep working at it! We all want to see you have some nice big buds too.
Disclaimer: Any posts derived herin by Tonto should be accepted as pure fiction. Any statements, suggestions, advice, or help posted by me should not be taken seriously. I do not condone illegal activities, nor do I participate in illegal acts. All pictures posted by me are found easily on the world wide web. All commentary by me should be accepted as hypothetical discussions and have no basis of fact.

GJ: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ead.php?t=7426
Tonto is offline   Reply With Quote