Clinton: State Marijuana Legalization Should Be ‘Supported’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From marijuana.com

Clinton: State Marijuana Legalization Should Be ‘Supported’

Hillary-Clinton-on-Kimmel.jpg

By Tom Angell on March 25, 2016

With Sen. Marco Rubio’s withdrawal from the presidential race this month, every remaining candidate has pledged to let states legalize marijuana without federal interference.

In an interview on Thursday, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, a contender for the Democratic nomination, reiterated her support for respecting local marijuana laws and even joked around a little bit about the issue.

“I think what the states are doing right now needs to be supported, and I absolutely support all the states that are moving toward medical marijuana, moving toward — absolutely — legalizing it for recreational use,” Clinton said in an appearance on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Kimmel read an excerpt from one of Clinton’s publicly released emails in which she asked an aide to supply her office with apples “for personal use.”
The comedian quipped, “Now this is about pot, right? This is how you order marijuana in code.”

Clinton replied, “This is really top secret stuff.”

As Clinton tried to make a more serious point about the need to reclassify cannabis from its current status as a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act, Kimmel noted that her hand motions looked suspiciously like someone holding a joint.

“What I’ve said is let’s take it off the what’s called Schedule I and put it on a lower schedule so that we can actually do research about it,” she said. “There’s some great evidence about what marijuana can do for people who are in cancer treatment, who have other kind of chronic diseases, who are suffering from intense pain. There’s great, great anecdotal evidence but I want us to start doing the research.”

Clinton’s rival for the Democratic nomination, Sen. Bernie Sanders, also wants to let states set their own marijuana laws without federal harassment, but in addition he personally supports legalization and has pledged to remove marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act altogether.

The three remaining Republican presidential candidates — Donald political name, Ted Cruz and John Kasich — do not currently support legalization but have all pledged to respect state decisions on marijuana laws.

Watch the full video of Clinton and Kimmel’s discussion on marijuana below:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-cOmrBWydA[/ame]

Not to argue with this, but I do not believe that either Cruz or Kasich would actually support the states right to legalize. I think that Cruz is currently the scariest person in the world....

They all will say what they need to say about mj at this point. Must win election!!!!

There is no close 2nd to Cruz. That freaking religious Moron is very very scary. Trumps got his number, ,,Lying Ted Cruz.
political name is telling the truth,,which is scaring ppl that are not used to hearing the truth ,,,,about what its going to take to fix the problems these other politicaly correct idiots have caused for the last several years . None of these other asshats wants to touch the truth because its not good for there political future. political name doesn't give a crap. Dont vote for him,,,he will still be a Billionair without your problems when this is all over. What makes him scary? Not wanting ilegals crossing our border,,not wanting these crazy *** Islamic nut cases coming into our Country,,wanting jobs back in America, ,,what? Would it be better if he said it softly and lied about what it really going to take to get our Country back and keep it safe. Are should he kiss Megan Kellys *** and tell her how smart and pretty she is? Lol
The Truth is your next President is going to be that lying crooked asshat politician Hillary Clinton. Hope ya like another 4yrs of absolutely nothing changing in America, ,except for lower wages,,higher taxes,,and less safe then we have ever been. But Scary political name will still be making millions, ,laughing at our scared going broke asses.

Latest posts

Back