Cloning SOPs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmo

Ganja Farmer
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I get asked pretty frequently about cloning.

Here's a write up and video I did showing my process. Hope you all find it helpful.

Rooting Snips Protocols (gmo 2023)
Tools
Fresh Scalpel
Rooting plug (I prefer root riots)
Clonex Gel
Clonex Liquid Fertilizer
Household Chlorinated Bleach
Scissors
Water
Nursery Tray and Dome
Nursery 6 packs/Nursery Tray Insert
Steps
1. Soak scissors in a solution of 10% bleach for at least 3 minutes. Remove scissors from
bleach solution and completely dry with a fresh paper towel. Set aside.
2. Soak Root Riots in a solution of Clonex Liquid at a rate of 40mL/G at a pH of 6.2
3. Select a branch containing 3-6 nodes from a mother plant
4. Use a FRESH scalpel to slice the selected branch off of the mother plant
5. Trim the selected branch down at a 45 degree angle so that it is 3.5-5.5” in size, and trim
off all but the top 2-3 nodes
6. Use scissors to cut ⅓ of the remaining leaf tips off of the slip to help with transpiration
(also allows plants to more easily fit in the tray/dome)
7. On a clean paper towel lay out 10-15mL of Clonex Gel
8. Gently use your scalpel to trim off outer layers of stem to expose the inner pith area
about .5” from the cut base end of the snip
9. Roll exposed pith area through the layed out Clonex Gel
10. Plug snip in soaked wet Rapid Rooter
11. Repeat steps until complete
12. Place all Nursery 6 Packs in to a Nursery Tray and cover with a Nursery Dome with the
domes open ½ way.
13. Leave dome on initial 72 hours
14. After 3 days begin removing dome for 15-30 minutes.
15. Around day 7, you’ll begin to notice that the Root Riots are beginning to dry back. Use a
spray bottle to gently rewet (not soak) the plugs. At this point you will begin seeing, or
will in the next few days, roots have begun to form and start poking out of the plug.
16. Once roots are well established, transplant rooted plug into your medium of choice.

Video tutorial:

Clone from tutorial rooted after 8 days pictured.
20230902_094115.jpg

i follow those instructions as close as I can. I do like rock wool so I can identify the clone on each cube. I did have a heat mat issue on this last batch. It gets to hot and fries them in the summer months. I need the mat because I am doing this in my basement and it is to cool down there not to use a mat. I put a rheostat on the mat and watch the root zone temp like a hawk.

GMO is the MAN!

That was great gmo. I’m so glad you made these nice instructions for us to pull up. This is the same way I clone except never thought about removing the lower nodes and have had some what I call double plants come up because of it leaving me with a choice to cut one off or let it grow since ist was growing so nice. Thanks for the top and for posting this ✌️

I get asked pretty frequently about cloning.

Here's a write up and video I did showing my process. Hope you all find it helpful.

Rooting Snips Protocols (gmo 2023)
Tools
Fresh Scalpel
Rooting plug (I prefer root riots)
Clonex Gel
Clonex Liquid Fertilizer
Household Chlorinated Bleach
Scissors
Water
Nursery Tray and Dome
Nursery 6 packs/Nursery Tray Insert
Steps
1. Soak scissors in a solution of 10% bleach for at least 3 minutes. Remove scissors from
bleach solution and completely dry with a fresh paper towel. Set aside.
2. Soak Root Riots in a solution of Clonex Liquid at a rate of 40mL/G at a pH of 6.2
3. Select a branch containing 3-6 nodes from a mother plant
4. Use a FRESH scalpel to slice the selected branch off of the mother plant
5. Trim the selected branch down at a 45 degree angle so that it is 3.5-5.5” in size, and trim
off all but the top 2-3 nodes
6. Use scissors to cut ⅓ of the remaining leaf tips off of the slip to help with transpiration
(also allows plants to more easily fit in the tray/dome)
7. On a clean paper towel lay out 10-15mL of Clonex Gel
8. Gently use your scalpel to trim off outer layers of stem to expose the inner pith area
about .5” from the cut base end of the snip
9. Roll exposed pith area through the layed out Clonex Gel
10. Plug snip in soaked wet Rapid Rooter
11. Repeat steps until complete
12. Place all Nursery 6 Packs in to a Nursery Tray and cover with a Nursery Dome with the
domes open ½ way.
13. Leave dome on initial 72 hours
14. After 3 days begin removing dome for 15-30 minutes.
15. Around day 7, you’ll begin to notice that the Root Riots are beginning to dry back. Use a
spray bottle to gently rewet (not soak) the plugs. At this point you will begin seeing, or
will in the next few days, roots have begun to form and start poking out of the plug.
16. Once roots are well established, transplant rooted plug into your medium of choice.

Video tutorial:

Clone from tutorial rooted after 8 days pictured.
View attachment 339973

You make Spielberg jealous Brother !
We needs to get you a directors chair with Carty on the back !
Thank You ☝️

Latest posts

Back