Heading to Southern Oregon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

So, we have been looking around Oregon for a while now for an inexpensive property that would suit our needs. We wanted something not in town with a little bit of land (but not too much). The home itself mattered less than the property and location. We found a piece of property we like about 12 miles outside of Klamath Falls--a little over an acre with a very livable home on it, a double car garage and a 10 x 10 shed. At the back of the property is an old logging road that is now a greenway, with no motorized vehicles allowed. We are less than a 1/2 mile from the river. The property is mostly fenced and I have close friends very nearby. Though I really really hate moving (I think I'd rather clean porta potties in the summer), ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And it is always exciting to get a new place! Fortunately, we are moving early enough that I will have plenty of time to get plants going. And may even be able to get a proper greenhouse built. So at 68, I am off on my next new adventure!

I am envious. I've wanted to move out there for years but I have 3 kids and a ton of grandkids all on the east coast which kinda keeps me here. I hope you get your greenhouse!

I anticipate herbivores being a problem and it appears that we have pocket gophers. So, I will continue to use grow bags and plan on erecting a high fence to keep the deer out. I will have enough time to get some good super soil cooking.

There's a lot to like about Oregon. It is a beautiful state, low population, no sales tax, my property taxes are quite low, automatic voters registration when you get your driver's license, vote by mail, and of course, legal cannabis.

Heading down tomorrow to pick up a friend to drive a big U-haul truck and trailer for us. Hoping to be loaded up and out by next Saturday. Thanks for all the well-wishes.

I have one uncle there and one internet grower buddy. He has Cannabiezen. They have some great genetics for outdoor growing in Oregon. They hold biweekly meetings and answer questions for new growers. Some really beautiful people!

The wife and I are looking to leave North Dakota soon as well. I was looking at property in Nevada. They're ridiculous on the housing market. I will start a search in Oregon now. Our goal is to grow old growing our own smoke and being left alone by law enforcement.
Peace. MedDakotabis Farmerlion

So, we have been looking around Oregon for a while now for an inexpensive property that would suit our needs. We wanted something not in town with a little bit of land (but not too much). The home itself mattered less than the property and location. We found a piece of property we like about 12 miles outside of Klamath Falls--a little over an acre with a very livable home on it, a double car garage and a 10 x 10 shed. At the back of the property is an old logging road that is now a greenway, with no motorized vehicles allowed. We are less than a 1/2 mile from the river. The property is mostly fenced and I have close friends very nearby. Though I really really hate moving (I think I'd rather clean porta potties in the summer), ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And it is always exciting to get a new place! Fortunately, we are moving early enough that I will have plenty of time to get plants going. And may even be able to get a proper greenhouse built. So at 68, I am off on my next new adventure!
I have not checked in for some time but noticed your thread we live in Klamath Falls and yes such a beautiful area it is. Congratulations on your move and wish you the best of luck in your new digs.

THG, wow, i am happy for you. I think of you a lot. We have had company for 5 months that leave today, then i will be back to me, i hope. Let me know if i can help.

THG, wow, i am happy for you. I think of you a lot. We have had company for 5 months that leave today, then i will be back to me, i hope. Let me know if i can help.
Hope so Rose, we miss you round here!!!
All the best in your move thg!!!i used to have good friends in that area... don’t think they are still around though..good luck! And green mojo when you get started growing again!

Latest posts

Back