Hey Hemp Goddess; here my hydro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I would try to do a little LST if they grow into the light, rather than topping them at this time.n There are some who top several weeks into flowering, but I personally prefer not to.

And some plants do not get a big flowering stretch, you may be okay.

yeah HP i would not top & just lst & supercrop (SC). what is BB Punch lineage? BB is indie & will not stretch much. im running BB Jam right now

Guys I don't believe it...Just found out that the Blueberry punch crop is ALL males.:eek: I would have sworn (I did swear) that they were girls as I saw what I thought was 2hair preflowers. Man I am soo bummed...:( My partner lives a couple hours away and the lab is at his house, and he called me today and said that he just looked at them and everyone of'em are poppin out nuts all over.:cry: That beautiful sea of green is all dudes, oh the pain!!...BTW Doc the lineage on them is blueberry and Romulan. They came from "next generation seeds". My partner wants to get femenized next time but I'm tryin to convince him that we should take the best one to pollen and cross it with just one of our other girls that are in the other rooms. I don't know the lineage on them as they were some really gangster bag seeds that we were just using to practice on, and they proved to be really dank smoke. I hate to just lose this strain as it looks really good, and I feel like the cross could produce some solid smoke. I have to go tomorrow and yank them b4 they accidently pollinate all the other girls...oh the pain!!:cry:

That sucks dude!
Ive had 2 males and a hermie in the past 2 weeks but I also have about 35 girls so it's no big deal.
Your grow was looking real good too. If you have the facilities, I think keeping some pollen is the way to go, I would if I had the right place to do it.
Its all learning fella and I always think we learn more from diappointments than successes.
Peace W

That is a bummer. :hairpull:. I would try to start over and do not polinate the other plant. Especially if bagseed. Enjoy :cool:

:) I just got back late last night from the grow lab. I had to go and see it as my partner is quite sick and needed me to do the dirty deed of yanking those beauties that had turned "butch" on us.:eek: Good News:yay: My partner was too darned sick to realize that only three of the eight plants on that table were male. I confirmed that the other 5 were indeed female. The only bad thing is that he turned off the systems that were serving them b4 I came down which left them without support for about 18 hours.:hitchair: :doh: They didn't look like they had suffered any but only time will tell. We had to yank all the clones that we had taken previously as HE:angrywife: didn't label them, but we got new cuttings in the cloner now, and hopefully we will save the strain even if we lose the grow.
Hey Goddess; the plants in the other 2 rooms are definitely females from a different strain that we have been growing and cloning since last year. I went over the males closely to make sure none of the pollen sacs were mature enough to endanger the others;) I was gonna take pics to get opinions but forgot my camera, but it was obvious enough when I looked at them...I was ready to strangle him but hopefully we are still on track for a decent harvest instead of losing all that time, effort, and money. Thanks for the support guys:)

good news :aok:

perhaps you need to be more on the site instead of your buddy ?

Green mojo for the ladies ...

Great news fella.
Hope thats the last bad news you get this grow.
W

Congratulations on your girls!

I think the plants that got "turned off" will be okay if they look okay now.

Well, I just checked up on the girls and found all are doing fine except everyone of them are stretching like crazy. next grow we will have to correct that:doh: bring on more lights:eek: but they are growing well and the the scare with the mistake has not shown any bad consequences so far though I expect we will not get as good a harvest as we could. My partner was saying awhile back when it happened "man what are we gonna do?:eek: they are all the way up in the lights" I said watch this and started breaking and tying them down to make more room. so far they have bounced right back and haven't missed a step:cool: He said man next time we shouldn't grow so many. I told him "no, we had to do this because we are starting a new strain from seed. next time we will have clones that are already sexxed and we can flip them at 12" tall and have plenty of room for them to grow. plus we gonna increase the lumens during flower to prevent the stretch in the final stretch:hubba: Anyhoo...here are the most recent pics...

BBpunchwk3fl1.JPG

BBpunchwk3fl2.JPG

CBluewk3fl1.JPG

CBluewk3fl2.JPG

CBluewk3fl3.JPG

I forgot to download this pic from the camera. This shows the stretch of the BbPunch. from table top to lights (backed up far as they can go) is about 3.5' and the internode is about 2-3" on some and not as much on others. Most of these were bent and broken just a week earlier and have stood right back up.:) its amazing how resilient these kiddies are.:D I am so hoping for a good harvest with NO NANNERS:eek:

stretch.JPG

HP they are looking real healthy, but why dont you SC (supercrop) them again but do it like you mean it.....lol. my ladies dont get up after im done w/ em. however being 3 wks in i'd maybe go for lst so you can keep the nanner free mojo going. make rainbows w/ em

Thanks Doc. I was wondering what else if anything I could do at this point. My understanding of supercropping involves topping and pruning which I am afraid of at this point. I did break a lot of them over much like yu did yours, and they have bounced right back. This weekend will be the beginning of week 5 of flower so I'm hoping they have stopped their upward growth and will start just puttin on girth. I will look into supercropping again or LST, which I did a little bit of a couple weeks ago. If my partner hadn't tried to turn them into shrubs, we wouldn't have this issue now. He has admitted that and hopefully the next crop will do better.

no cutting of anything when supercropping. just crush the inner hurd of the stem w/ thumb & index finger. thats it. some will bounce back it just takes practice. use a male to practice on, to "get the feeling".

I am both Happy and quite at the same time quite dissappointed.:( We ended up having to harvest early because of a major problem and also found out that the 2smaller rooms hermied like crazy:eek:
I thought everything was going well but went this weekend to see how my partner was doing and found out that he has been very sick with Crones disease. He wasn't able to properly tend to the girls and didn't recognize that the thrips had come back full force and that the strain that we called Carolina Purple had thrown nanners to hell and back. :eek: :(
Fortunately the herms didn't polinate the Blueberry Punch that was in another room:) but the thrips made themselves right at home:(
We were able to get some decent buds off the girls and the trics on both were mostly filled n cloudy. And we got several pounds of leaf and popcorn buds for making hash. here's some final pics of the harvest. first pic=Carolina Purple with nanners
the rest are the Blueberry. Second pic= yu can see how much damage the thrips did to some beautiful girls. just ate em up:( pics 3,4 some nice colas. last pic is the drying screens that I set up in one of the rooms after cleaning it out. It is decieving how much is there. I have a little over 3 pounds green. not sure what it will dry out to be.:D

harvest 001.JPG

harvest 002.JPG

harvest 003.JPG

harvest 006.JPG

harvest 008.JPG

Hushpuppy said:
The T5s are $23. for 2,3, or 4' single fixture with the 6400k bulb. They are called "SunBlaster" n they have the ballast incorporated within the fixture. Each fixture comes with both a plugin wire with thumb switch and a daisy chain wire to use to plug several units together and control with one switch. yu can also get the 2700k bulb for like $11. The 4' bulb puts out around 5k lumens, 3' puts out over 3k lumens, and I think the 2' puts out a little over 2k lumens. They swear that these T5HO units put out 95 lumens per watt. the online store "Access Direct" has the best prices that I have found, and they have been pretty decent service wise.
Yeah I know about reflective surfaces. I read somewhere that mirrors are the worst for using with grow light as they reflect the worst part of the light spectrum and create hot spots. I am honestly not sure about this insulation, but it seems to do really good for keeping my IR signature down, which was my intention, along with just insulation value, but the reflective material is supposed to be like 95% reflective and it feels like mylar stretched over styrofoam. I got it at lowes.

Let me get this right. I can use t5's to grow the seedlings and also continue to use them thru the veg stage and then switch to Hps lights?? That's going to be a lot cheaper.

stickywicked said:
Let me get this right. I can use t5's to grow the seedlings and also continue to use them thru the veg stage and then switch to Hps lights?? That's going to be a lot cheaper.

Yes. T5s are the vegging choice for many of us here. I have a couple of MH that I do not use anymore, since I discovered the T5s. They emit about the same lumens per watt as the MH, but IMO, spread the light a lot more efficiently and run substantially cooler. While the T5 will not penetrate like the MH, I believe the fact that you can get the light within inches of the canopy more than makes up for the penetration issue. Make sure you get the HO T5s. I like the 4' 54W 5000 lumen tubes. However, I also have the PLL55 double tube that are 2' and put out 5000 lumens each. These are a special tube that is u shaped, but gives you a lot more lumens than the normal 2' 28W that emit about 2000 lumens.

Latest posts

Back