Huge heat wave incoming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilv911

Reaction score
We are going to hit 107 Fahrenheit this Wednesday in greece. Right now we are around to 100. My grow room is at 84-85 at the moment lights on with 12000btu a.c Working on maximum 24/7 .

3x450w leds, 1x600w hps with a ballast on go crazy mode that gives more than 600w, 2x dehumidifiers that blowing warm air non stop and 450cfm fan that supplies my room with fresh air directly from outside the house. Thats a lot of heat i mean, my a/c won't make it. The best option i came up with is remove one of my two plants from hps put it on led side but with lower ppfd unfortunately and drop the 600w+ hps down to 400 or maybe 250 to grow there just one plant. Any better idea ? Tried to explain my situation the best i could. My english suks sorry .
Is it worth it to even close my hps and grow 2 plants on 400-500 ppfd ?

All this on 9x10 room

if you had a dimmer you could turn down those lights

otherwise just remove the 600 and two of the 450 led’s and run just the one 450 led

and turn off one of the dehumidifiers

i did not read that you have an exhaust fan anywhere?…suck the hot air out , blow the cool air in ……..

when the weather cools back down , put the lights back on

i ran a 12,000 btu ac in a room with 6 - 1000 watt mh bulbs and did not overheat

that is all I got without seeing a photo of your set up

if you had a dimmer you could turn down those lights

otherwise just remove the 600 and two of the 450 led’s and run just the one 450 led

and turn off one of the dehumidifiers

i did not read that you have an exhaust fan anywhere?…suck the hot air out , blow the cool air in ……..

when the weather cools back down , put the lights back on

i ran a 12,000 btu ac in a room with 6 - 1000 watt mh bulbs and did not overheat

that is all I got without seeing a photo of your set up
Yea theres an exhaust fan of 523cfm that is cooling down the tube but its still kinda hot, you can touch the tube and hold it without problem but im sure by decreasing watts on hps can improve my temps a little. Leds got dimmer i could turn down the power and move them closer maybe yea, forgot that one. I will turn off one dehumidifier too with a timer like lights got so it can be open only when lights off . You gave me a lot of ideas bigsur! I think i will survive that if i make all this changes thanks!

Yea theres an exhaust fan of 523cfm that is cooling down the tube but its still kinda hot, you can touch the tube and hold it without problem but im sure by decreasing watts on hps can improve my temps a little. Leds got dimmer i could turn down the power and move them closer maybe yea, forgot that one. I will turn off one dehumidifier too with a timer like lights got so it can be open only when lights off . You gave me a lot of ideas bigsur! I think i will survive that if i make all this changes thanks!

my pleasure Amigo , I wish you the best!

looks like it is gonna be a tough fight for you , the forecast looks brutal

Heatwave in Greece to last for at least a week​

The experienced meteorologist revealed that according to the data, the heatwave could last for a week.

“We are already in the dry season, and this heatwave will make matters worse. We fear for the forests, as pine needles and twigs dry out very quickly.”

Panagiotis Giannopoulos, a meteorologist at public television ERT, warned that an intense heatwave may be lasting for up to 10 days.

Starting on July 12 the first heatwave will sweep the country for several days, he forecasts. “At the moment we cannot predict its duration, but it seems that it will last, with the current data, until at least July 22”, he added.

Weed can take a lot of heat if it's got moving air and water. Most of the landrace sativa strains come from close to the equator.
Yea maybe thats why when i changed my room temp in veg stage from 73F to 80 my girls just said THANKS MAN . They loved it
my pleasure Amigo , I wish you the best!

looks like it is gonna be a tough fight for you , the forecast looks brutal

Heatwave in Greece to last for at least a week​

The experienced meteorologist revealed that according to the data, the heatwave could last for a week.

“We are already in the dry season, and this heatwave will make matters worse. We fear for the forests, as pine needles and twigs dry out very quickly.”

Panagiotis Giannopoulos, a meteorologist at public television ERT, warned that an intense heatwave may be lasting for up to 10 days.

Starting on July 12 the first heatwave will sweep the country for several days, he forecasts. “At the moment we cannot predict its duration, but it seems that it will last, with the current data, until at least July 22”, he added.
Yeap.. they are going to burn whatever is left

I see you have LEDS just use them for while heat wave is at its worse
Doing a lot of tests at the moment. turned hps down to 400w but closer to my girl , changed settings on one of my dehumidifiers to start Working after 55%humidity too. Added a 70watt wall fan alongside a/c helping with cold air circulation all-over the room . Temperature at the moment outside almost 90F, inside grow room 75F. Still early morning here though. Im going to turn everything off if there is no other way yea.

Latest posts

Back