Infra-Red Detection - 600w HPS w/ Supernova Air-cooled Reflector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PercyCultivator

Hey people,

Im a newbie this forum & cultivation in gereral and I just have a few questions to with all of our favorite subject..... the POLICE!!!

Im looking to grow a max of about 5 plants at a time, purely 4 myself and the misses so we dont have 2 buy from the mugz on the streets!

Anyways, my set up is a;

1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m grow tent
600w hps light & ballast w/ supernova air-cooled reflector
150mm (6") carbon filter and 150mm extractor fan kit
100m intake fan
8" ossilating fan (or however you spell it!)
Timer

Questions:

1) Would you wise growers out there say that set up is OK, or would i need to add anything to it?!

2) Regarding the police and there infra-red cameras, would my set up let out a high level of detectable heat... if so what should I do to reduce this?

3) Would you expect my electricity bill to increase dramatically with this set-up (dramatically enough for the police to spot?)

4)Wheres the best place to vent the extracted air from the tent. I was planning on just letting it out the window but ive red that this increases the chances of being detected by the infra-red cameras.

5) We live on our own in a semi-detatched house, as a result we need to keep noise levels 2 a minimum. What can be done to reduce fan noise?!

I think thats about it 4 now! Didnt mean to ask so many questions :p :eek: , sorry people lol

Look forward to hearing your replys... You help would be much appreciated :D

Cheers

p.s. Im growing 'Honey B' and 'light of jah'... anyone dealt with these strains before???

Thanks again :D

1. Yes, sound like a good setup:D.
2. I wouldn't worry about helis and IR...shouldn't be a factor for you.
3. Always pay your elec bill on time and don't steal it and you're good to go. 600w is nothing. I have space heaters that are rated 1500w.
4. I vent mine right back into my house. Make sure you've got that filter hooked up and this will work great.
5. Duct dampers. Mine doesn't make that much noise though. Not where the neighbors could possibly hear it.
Good luck and I hope I helped a lil:D.

^^^ yes yes and yes.......they make a foil to defer heat signal put up by the lamp but to try and look at yer house to see if theres a grow they have to have a warrent. so dont worry anyway. i agree with bomb on this one

Welcome to MP. You have chosen the best place on the net to learn how to grow cannabis like a pro. Good to have you here and I hope you find all the answers to your questions. There are some very knowledgeable people on here that will be able to guide you down the right paths.

Bomb pretty much hit it on the head with all your questions. Sounds like he knows his stuff.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. I hope to see some pictures of your setup in the near future. Good luck and take care my friend.

bombbudpuffa said:
1. Yes, sound like a good setup:D.
2. I wouldn't worry about helis and IR...shouldn't be a factor for you.
3. Always pay your elec bill on time and don't steal it and you're good to go. 600w is nothing. I have space heaters that are rated 1500w.
4. I vent mine right back into my house. Make sure you've got that filter hooked up and this will work great.
5. Duct dampers. Mine doesn't make that much noise though. Not where the neighbors could possibly hear it.
Good luck and I hope I helped a lil:D.

Cheers for the info mate!
Thats settled some of my worries :)

Erm... is there definatly no issues with venting the used plant air back into the house, tbh i was actually considering this myself but i thought that could have an effect on he plants if it was sucked back in via the intake fan?!

And ill be sure to get some duct dampers, ive seen some floating around so ill be sure to get some as I dont think the thin plasterboard wall between my house and next door will dull the sound too much haha:D ... what about silencers? I understand they can reduce the fans efficiency by around 10% but they do wonders for noise levels... are they worth it?

Anyways, when i eventually get myself a new phone (mine got stolen lol) ill be sure to update you with pictures! & progress.

Cheers :)

its dangerous using a fone to take and transfer pics for the internet...i would recommend buying a 100 doller digicam and doing it thattaway.

better safe than sorry.

trillions of atoms said:
its dangerous using a fone to take and transfer pics for the internet...i would recommend buying a 100 doller digicam and doing it thattaway.

better safe than sorry.

Wow, now that didnt even come into my head!
Even after all my questions i coulda nearly screwd myself over haha!
Cheers mate, ill be sure to do that! :cool:

Latest posts

Back