Interesting spinning drying racks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGBSkunky

Reaction score
I saw this in a video being setup and it looks interesting. Basically it’s a three tier drying rack system that spins. The spinning providing a natural fan motion that helps evenly dry the buds.

So I have a little 2x2 and a 4 tier mesh drying rack that I plan to use. The majority of the even drying is the spinning, I think, so I bought a motor designed to spin objects above a baby crib and designed to take up to 5 lbs. it has a remote and the motor is variable and was like $20. I am going to hang my drying rack on that and slowly spin it.

You can see theirs here

Dry tents website

Looks cool but I say gimmick, I have always hung mine in a room with one fan moving air pointed away from the buds drying.
And I agree for a room I believe it to be also a gimmick as I can control the room. But I don't have that luxury and will be drying in a 2x2 tent with an 18 inch 4 tier drying rack. I couldn't figure out how to get a fan in there to gently move the air and have it move air uniformly. It had not occurred to me to make the drying bud the fan. To me, in a tight space, it makes sense as I get total very gentle airflow over the entire space.

But I am not using their system just standard drying racks moved slowly and air will be pulled from the bottom of my drying tent to my larger tent then pulled through the carbon filter. Or that's my plan

I've always just laid big crops out on newspaper on the kitchen table and turned a ceiling fan on low. As long as air circulates, it's going to dry.
I would love to but my wife would kill me. I have strict rules about neighbors dropping over and smell must be contained to the basement if I allow any at all which is fine with me. The best is to have a drying box in your room where you sleep. Great dreams during that window

we have some hanging racks like these

no need to spin them , we just put a fan on them if needed

but as dry as it is here , a fan isn’t needed , just have to move the buds around so they don’t get flat on one side

E514DD6C-237F-4E3D-A304-EF0440C58175.jpeg

we have some hanging racks like these

no need to spin them , we just put a fan on them if needed

but as dry as it is here , a fan isn’t needed , just have to move the buds around so they don’t get flat on one side

View attachment 330895
But this is what I have to work with and my problem was no matter how I figure it the airflow inside this is not going to be uniform. But by not having a fan and slowly turning the hanging basket….I get a tiny fan which is all I need. I am afraid without this it will be hard, in this setup, to get even drying

Attachments

• IMG_1292.jpeg
    IMG_1292.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
But this is what I have to work with and my problem was no matter how I figure it the airflow inside this is not going to be uniform. But by not having a fan and slowly turning the hanging basket….I get a tiny fan which is all I need. I am afraid without this it will be hard, in this setup, to get even drying

I think Pute drys his flowers in a tent so maybe he has some ideas on air flow and stuff

So in the end I have two top 4 inch inlets and one 4 inch bottom hose leading into the bottom of my 4x4 tent with all other ports on the tent closed. I plan on enlarging the bottom port to the main tent when the drying tent is empty to a 6 inch hose.

Amy humidity varied from 55% at night to 65% during the day with no chance of mold due to the air currents generated inside the tent

This spin drying technique has been running with the Gorilla Zkittlez drying for 14 days and will run at least 4 more days. Until I get a crisp snap on some stems. This long a dry should ensure perfection when it comes to taste and really boost the curing step by removing more chlorophyll compared to other drying techniques.

Its a “you can’t miss” way to dry bud as long as air is moving through and the basket is spinning

Well the stems don’t quite snap but it’s been drying for 22 days and the buds are nice and hard. I am going to move it from the drying tent to the grove bags.

Honestly the tent dries so evenly I could just leave it and go for a 30 day dry but I am pretty sure all the chlorophyll is gone.

Update

I dried these a week longer than I had intended. I did leave some stem on each bud to help with the drying process. When the bud was first put in the grove bag the hydrometer read 65 inside the bag. I just checked and in 24 hours it leveled to 60 inside the grove bag. Might be a perfect dry or too much.

Pulled the late GZ out of the drying tent today and put it in a grove bag. Two hours later it’s at 60 and it had been in for exactly 14 days. I am going to shoot for 14 days from now on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back