Issue with Hydrogen needing to break down in pre-bloom plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowersApprentice

still learning..
Reaction score
So, my Blue Angel, I found out needs to have the nitrogen break down in the dirt, it's in that premo flower stage right before it actually flowers, I talked to 3 different growers, one is my old grandpop, the other is a breeder at a local Collective Garden and I talked to my grower that I'm in tandem with in helping cultivate.

My Blue Angel has been showing some signs of its stage where it's leaves are turning more light green yellow and the branches are beginning to turn into more like actual Wood, much like it's stem.

My main issue here:

My grandfather tells me that some of the Miracle Grow mixed with the proper amount of water can be used to get the Nitrogen to break down, but the breeder at the collective says "a sea kelp type extraction", then my grower just says "fish emulsion, save the miracle grow bro".

Here's what I've done in the last 24 Hours:

I found out that my Ph was too rich, (like 7.5), so i used a test kit and some Ph down to balance it down to 5.5-6.0.

Then I left that out for 24 hours to get the chlorine out of it and I've mixed in the proper amount of miracle grow.

The two ideas here are:

The soil mediums were too rich in nutrients (I use Roots Organic Original soil and some soil locally made called Medicine man - both contain Worm castings, Bat guano, small amounts of pearlite and gold flakes

It was possible that I was over feeding it due to the Ph being so high, or it has some nutrient lock.

I'll post pictures later. Have to run.

Most likely nute lock.

Also you are mixing organics with synthetics. Killing your organic microbes.

I stop using high doses of N about 2 weeks into flower.

I hate to disagree with anyone's grandfather, but....

I would not use Miracle Grow. Period. There are tons and tons of better products out there.

I have never (in over 30 years of growing) heard of having to "break down the nitrogen in the soil" for flowering. Plants use the nutrients in the soil, which is why we need to feed them throughout the growing period. Just quit giving them N, or use a bloom nutrient formulated for mj and don't worry about it.

A pH of 5.5 to 6.0 is too low for soil. You want to try and run about 6.8 for soil. You need to let your water set out to let the chlorine evaporate before you pH. And you need to mix the nutes before you pH. So the order is: Let the water set out for 24 hours (I recommend bubbling it for this time also), mix the nutes, let it set for at least several hours, test the pH and then adjust the pH. Let it set again and recheck the pH.

Get rid of the Miracle Grow. It is simply not good for mj. Buy something formulated for mj, like Fox Farm, General Hydroponics, etc. Like duck mentioned, if you are using Miracle Grow with an organic soil, you have killed off any microbes that were in the soil originally. Chemical fertilizers and organics do not mix.

You almost certainly have nute lockout because of your pH being out of range (light yellow leaves usually indicate a need for N, not a need to get rid of it), but IMO, the biggest problem is that you are using a nutrient not right for the plant you are growing and probably with an incorrect N-P-K ratio for the stage of growing you are in. What is the N-P-K of the Miracle Grow?

Some of this is really quite basic and I have to say that if you are talking to experienced growers that I am surprised that the things I have mentioned have not been brought up.

I will watch for the pictures, but these would be my suggestions: Get some nutrients made for cannabis for the bloom phase of growing. Keep the Miracle Grow for the tomatoes. Run water, bubble it for a day to remove chlorine (are you sure your water company uses chlorine and not chloramine which doesn't evaporate out?), add nutrients, let that sit several hours so the nutes can buffer the water, and then check the pH. You may find that it is where you need it--6.5 to 6.8. I wouldn't do any sea kelp extract, or fish emulsions, either--don't understand what they think those things might do. The experienced growers should know that chemicals and organics do not mix.

If this is just starting to flower, are you going to have enough summer for it to finish?

is it in a pot or ground>? and where what did u test to come to the conclusion your ph is to high? prewater, run off water, or dirt sample?

"I found out that my Ph was too rich, (like 7.5), so i used a test kit and some Ph down to balance it down to 5.5-6.0."

are low for soil those are hydro range pretty sure you will get the proper help you need here to save her, regardless to your answers to my ?'s just do what ever your told here = win for u ;)

greem mojo for the back to green journey :)

also personally just recieved a Gallon of General Hydroponics CALiMAGic and there PH down Gallon from ebay, free shiping was here this am ordered thur night. online acess to what you need may be better stay away from that confusing advice people selling u stuff in a store may tell u. ;) people here don't get paid to sell you any thing just free help :)

Latest posts

Back