My indoor grown cannabis has no smell!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Hamilton

Reaction score
I remember back in the late 60"s, the 50 dollar a pound, Mexican, brick, dirt weed had a profoundly strong smell.
One could smoke a joint in ones car, go inside and the next day,
come out and get into your car and it smelled like it did when you went to bed the night before.

I have lately tried Sugar Cookies, agent Orange and Vancouver Island Sweet Skunk and they have basically no smell!
Is this because they were grown indoors and can it be fixed?

In order to learn the answer I bought Original Skunk and Skunk #1.
The old strains which I remember stinking up my car throughout high school.
We'll see if the old smell I crave is attainable growing indoors.
If not I'll take 18" tall plants and set them outside in late September.
Wish me luck...

Thank you...

The Poet...

I remember back in the late 60"s, the 50 dollar a pound, Mexican, brick, dirt weed had a profoundly strong smell.
come out and get into your car and it smelled like it did when you went to bed the night before.

I have lately tried Sugar Cookies, agent Orange and Vancouver Island Sweet Skunk and they have basically no smell!

Wish me luck...

Thank you...

The Poet...

Luck!

Wish me luck...

Thank you...

The Poet...

Jack an Avatar for you
1700919083135.png

I'm thinking that the olfactory glans tend to loose their ability to smell things as some of us age. I walked into a Walmart the other day and could smell a dude that had sparked one up recently throughout the entire store!
I do smell weed in traffic sometimes and it smells skunkie .
Maybe a come back soon?

I am sprouting roadkill skunk this morning.
Got the seeds in the mail and I have high hopes for the 'roadkill'.
There are 2 original skunks, 5 skunk #1's and now...
10 seeds germinating of the roadkill skunk!

I guess I'll smoke some sugar cookies this morning.

Happy new year!

Jack...

Smell is related to the environment you are growing in. If it is perfect all the time your plants will not give enough terpenes. The same plant can stink a neighborhood or have no smell when grown in the right environments. Heat and cold stress both promote smell. Another factor is the feeding, so if you are relying on only the basic fertilizer mixes you would be missing on a lot of beneficials that work to give more and more terpenes.

I ruined smell once when I didn't have the whole 60 humidity and the 60 degrees F dialed in close during drying phase. Killer weed that stank when I cut it, turned out tasting and smelling like straw. And - I have grown weed that the smell really didn't come on strong until the very end. That is why I was kind of wondering how far along they were. If the seeds were dropped Jan 1st... Maybe I am reading this wrong...

Either way the Skunk #1 and the RKS should both be stinking up a storm by now... depending on environment / nutrients etc. like @zem said.

Hey bro, welcome to Passion. I totally get the old school aromas. What Ive found is aroma depletes quickly as the plant rolls over that peak ripeness level. When I start to loose aroma I start checking trichome colors. This not only happens indoors but outside as well. Same thing happened to me a few years ago in a greenhouse grow and all of them were regular seed.

I ruined smell once when I didn't have the whole 60 humidity and the 60 degrees F dialed in close during drying phase. Killer weed that stank when I cut it, turned out tasting and smelling like straw. And - I have grown weed that the smell really didn't come on strong until the very end. That is why I was kind of wondering how far along they were. If the seeds were dropped Jan 1st... Maybe I am reading this wrong...

Either way the Skunk #1 and the RKS should both be stinking up a storm by now... depending on environment / nutrients etc. like @zem said.
A bad dry and cure will ruin the fragrences. A lot of the legal stuff around here doesn't have much scent, I've always blamed their fast cure times for it. I'm unsure what would keep a healthy skunk from stankin' during flower.

I am thinking that the cannabis we used in the 70’s and 80’s was bruised a LOT more. And it probably came from a brick at some time which crushes a lot of things. Growing in a tent I rarely touch my plants but when I do whatever touched them stinks. If I just barely touch any of my plants my hand smells of strong terpenes.

I am thinking that’s the issue

Latest posts

Back