Need help on making a decission on this purchase for a ppm/ec meter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony8404

Reaction score
Hey guys i want to purchase one of these today but not sure which one to get. I was hoping someone could help me out. They both have the same specifications pretty much just look different and the first one says not completely 100% waterproof. I tried to google reviews on these and found one for the 2. one i listed but they did not say much or why no one picked 1. thank you

1. hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/EC-PPM-CF-Nutrient-Meter-Tester-Wand-Hydroponics_W0QQitemZ360233923298QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53df9d72e2"]http://cgi.ebay.com/EC-PPM-CF-Nutrient-Meter-Tester-Wand-Hydroponics_W0QQitemZ360233923298QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53df9d72e2[/URL]

2 hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/3in1-Waterproof-EC-CF-ppm-Stick-Meter-Nutrient-Tester-t_W0QQitemZ330405456484QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cedb32a64"]http://cgi.ebay.com/3in1-Waterproof-EC-CF-ppm-Stick-Meter-Nutrient-Tester-t_W0QQitemZ330405456484QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cedb32a64[/URL]

No direct links. Please change to just meter name. Someone will chime in.

I don't like the looks of either of those....try here for ppm....hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/micdtdstemec.html

and here for ph.....hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html

change the hxxp to http...

sorry for the direct links that i had at first. I was not trying to tick anyone off my bad. Nor do i want to give some guy advertisment space neither. agian sorry for that i tried to change the links

Whoa that first one for the tds tester, I do not know about it. It only does ppm but does go to 1000ppm, not like the cheap one i have now that goes to 999 only. That one does not have ec or cf included either which i really want it to have included, now that i have read up on this stuff.

Plus, no calibration needed, which i know does not need to be done often but that is one less thing to worry about, the solutions for calibration. I read that once you open a powder or liquid solution there not good once over a month from being open. Not sure if it is true but that is why i am here.

Do you own that one inparticular? I am not trying to knock it in any way just pointing out that i sorta want the ec, ppm and the cf reading included.

H

Are you saying maybe, i should buy each one seperatley ? I think that may be a good option now. I already ordered the ph meter the other day.

I own both of those from Milwaukee...never had any problems with them.

Do you just rely on ppm only and not ec readings?

I had read that for these readings, this particular meter should be considered very important. Reason being is difference of the quantity in harvest from what i read. So I thought well if i am going to get a meter i should get the one that has ec, ppm and cf readings since it seemed that important.

tony8404 said:
Do you just rely on ppm only and not ec readings?

I had read that for these readings, this particular meter should be considered very important. Reason being is difference of the quantity in harvest from what i read. So I thought well if i am going to get a meter i should get the one that has ec, ppm and cf readings since it seemed that important.

I hve always thought that ppm, ec, and cf are basically the same thing...just different scales as reference...and to be honest I don't bother to even check my ppm unless I am growing hydro...I hve been growing in soil for the last year or so...

Hamster Lewis said:
I don't like the looks of either of those....try here for ppm....hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/micdtdstemec.html

and here for ph.....hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html

change the hxxp to http...
:yeahthat:

eseasongear is the place you want to look. After that, it's a bunch of comparing to decide what's best for you.

I only have the Milwaukee SM-101, pH only because I'm in soil, but it's been excellent.

Just be sure when you order to get all your solutions and whatever accessories needed.

DD

Latest posts

Back