Need some help with 30 and 50 amp extension cords please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowjones618

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and I need some advice to run 1 50 amp extension cord to one of my room and 1 30 amp extension cord to my other room.

The first room:
Since I have an electric stove and I don't plan to use it. I am thinking about plugging the 20-30 feet 50 amp extension cord in the electric stove outlet. I check the breaker and it does say 50 amp. Then, I going to plug a 50 amp timer box in the extension cord.

The second room:
Basically the same setup except this is going to be a 30 amp extension cord from the washer and dryer, don't need to use it, and plug it in a 30 amp timer box.

Here is a picture of the 50 amp timer box: hXXp://www.garden.com/item/50-amp-timer-box-use-with-ecoplus-digital-timer/
30 amp timer box:
hXXp://www.horticulturesource.com/pr...oducts_id=1969
[/URL]

50 amp extension cord:
hXXp://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...1&kwtid=210236[/COLOR][/URL]

30 amp extension cord:
hXXp://www.rvsupplywarehouse.com/pro...d/300/pid/2170[/COLOR][/URL]

My questions are: Is it safe? Is this setup doable? Does the extension cord have to be in a straight line or can I mount it on every ceiling wall corner running it to room 1 and 2. Please give me some advices. Thanks! [/COLOR]

One of the first things is : that 50 amp circut you where talking about is it 110v or 220v. single or double pole breaker 2: extension cord? why not get some 10-2 with ground and just run that. It will handle 50amp . You can run that where ever you want, floor ceiling or outside if you get the uv rated wire. yes i think it is doable first thing make sure the breaker is in good working condition. That stove should be a dedicated circuit,perfect

It would be much easier to tell us what you are trying to run on each circuit and we can tell you if you are ok.

One of the first things is : that 50 amp circut you where talking about is it 110v or 220v. single or double pole breaker 2: extension cord? why not get some 10-2 with ground for 110v; 10-3 with ground if 220v.and just run that. It will handle 50amp . You can run that where ever you want, floor ceiling or outside if you get the uv rated wire. yes i think it is doable first thing make sure the breaker is in good working condition. That stove should be a dedicated circuit,perfect. I would do it if i had 2 extra rooms. If you have any ?'s pick up a $12.00 electrical wiring book at any hardware or lumber store. Thats all one needs and you can wire a new house and a little comon sense. good luck and happy growing.Isorry about the double posting and i agree if we knew what your going to run it would help.(50amps will run alot of lights and fans plus another30 wow)

Latest posts

Back