New Grow Tent ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
012 (1).jpg

I prefer tents over open rooms anymore.
Easier access,easier to control easier to manage and more bang for electric buck.

This is my first tent grow. All other indoors I've done was in boxes I built. I'm loving it so far. I looked at those kits at first. Some are a fare deal but I won a bunch of stuff at an auction so I pieced together my setup.

4x4 and 4x8...I love the 4x8. I find myself just sitting on the floor inside the tent surrounded by my little ladies. I find it a blast that I can actually sit inside versus reaching in. Tents are easy to keep clean, manage, and move if needed.

I found some light leaks and used flex seal black spray to seal the seams. I also used some gutter sponge in the intake of the 4x4 to block light and still allow airflow. The vents they provide are okay if your growing autos but must be sealed up if running 12/12 cycle fems or regs. I've found the single 4" floor intake vents the whole tent well enough to maintain proper temps.

Oh my, I'm rambling again. I'm excited to see ya all setup. I hope ya start a journal. Good luck and have fun.

I've pretty much decided against a grow tent. I need a custom size to fit my needs and Gorilla doesn't make a 3x4.
2x4 is to narrow and 3x3 is to small for what I want. I'll just build my grow room out of RMax like I always have. Besides I only need two walls to butt up against my Pantry sheetrock walls/ corner.
Won't need but 3 pieces and the backside is white and reflective. I'll also use it on the floor for a water tight trough.
Duct tape and razor knife is all you need.

Screenshot_20231216-080648.png

Last edited:
It works great and is easy to use. I use the 1" thick board. It's very sturdy and it light tight.
I'll see if I can find one of my grow rooms I made.

It works great and is easy to use. I use the 1" thick board. It's very sturdy and it light tight.
I'll see if I can find one of my grow rooms I made.
Hell yeah, I wanna see that if ya have them. That's a great idea that can be totally customized in any space. This is why I like coming here. I love seeing what others have put together. Sometimes you find some really cool ideas.

Ya know the other day I won a lamp on a auction. Its a t5 8tube 4' beast of a lamp. Weighs like 30lbs. Looks like the same lamp your using. I had no idea it would do flowering and veg. I was going to use it for just veg but may have to rethink that. I've not even taken it out of the box yet. How solid are the buds with that lamp? They look damn nice.

Ya know the other day I won a lamp on a auction. Its a t5 8tube 4' beast of a lamp. Weighs like 30lbs. Looks like the same lamp your using. I had no idea it would do flowering and veg. I was going to use it for just veg but may have to rethink that. I've not even taken it out of the box yet. How solid are the buds with that lamp? They look damn nice.
The buds were very nice. You can put the lamp about 4" from the canopy. And it spreads the light really well.
Don't let anyone tell you that you can't flower with HOT5s. I've done it many times. I have never used HPS,, always used HOT5s.
My next grow will be with LEDs. I've got a Spider Farmer SF 4000 I haven't used yet.
Going to see how it performs.
I loved my HOT5 setup. Plus it doesn't put out as much heat as HPS.

The buds were very nice. You can put the lamp about 4" from the canopy. And it spreads the light really well.
Don't let anyone tell you that you can't flower with HOT5s. I've done it many times. I have never used HPS,, always used HOT5s.
My next grow will be with LEDs. I've got a Spider Farmer SF 4000 I haven't used yet.
Going to see how it performs.
I loved my HOT5 setup. Plus it doesn't put out as much heat as HPS.
I think you'll like that led. I have a adiding 480w beating down on my fems. I'm liking the LEDs so far. I've used big lamps and these are so much less to run cost wise.

So Ive never used the t5 lamps. The lamp came with 6500 bulbs. So you say you switch them out for 2700s in flower? Any special bulb I should look for? I'm thinking of gifting this and a 4x2 to my son or daughter. I've not even taken it out of the box yet. Looks like they just opened the box, took a pic, and taped up the end.
IMG_20231216_122945682.jpg

6500k for vegg. When you flip change them out to 2700 to 3000k for flower. Make sure they are HOT5s and not regular T5s. 4ft HOT5s put out 5000 lumens per tube.

Latest posts

Back