ph pen won't calibrate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannabiscotti

Reaction score
so i got this ph meter a while ago. just got calibration solution today, came home. followed the directions and soaked it a couple hours in 7.01, then manually adjusted the screw- then put it in the 4.01 solution, but the second adjustment on the meter would not go below 5.1. this is my first ph meter, so i'm thinking maybe bad electrode?

the meter is a Hanna Checker 1

I put the end in the storage solution and i figure i'll check it again tomarrow.

Cannabiscotti, i hope you get your meter calabrated and thanks for asking the question b/c i just learned you need both the 7.01 & 4.01 solution. i also have the Hanna Checker I.

thanks HIE, i just got my ph meter and only got the 7.01 solution. the guy at the hydro shop never mentioned that i needed the 4.01 solution also. it looks like i got to go get the 4.01 solution.

does anyone know if an accurate calabration can be achieved with the 7.01 solution only?

SSH-i got an extra 4.01 solution...kinda sucks though i meant for it to be a 1500PPM solution to calibrate my TDS meter-oh well, im gonna take it back see if they'll let me swap it out.

H ippy - thanks for the link. i sat down and just tried calibrating again--same thing happened. anyone recommend a good PH or combo meter? i'm always trying to be financially minded, but if you got a reason for spending a lot on a good one, let me know-

Latest posts

Back