Pro Source LED 180 Watt Illuminator Pro/ Test Grow! Girl Scout Cookies & Skywalker OG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotanicMike

Reaction score
LED TRIAL

Light: ProSource 180 watt Illuminator Pro

Rated @ 180 watts and 200 watts peak power.

However just simply taking this number and dividing it by square footage will not work..

There are four fans on the top of the unit.
Which activate when any one LED panel is turned on.

Note: There are four separate LED panels with four corresponding toggle switches on the top of the unit.
After doing further calculations the kw meter registers 45 watts when one panel is turned on.
And while each panel is switched on the power dose not increase in increments of 45.
Instead the kw meter increases an average of 35 watts with each panel turned on.

So lets do some math..

If each LED panel runs on 35 watts of total power.
And each panel has a 45 total 1 watt LED's.
Then the LED's are running at 77.77% of their peak power rating.

So 4 LED panels @ 35 watts of actual power each = 140 watts of pure LED power.
While the fans are consuming an average of 14-15 watts.

So each Light uses 155 watts @ the wall. 155-15(for fans)= 140 LED Watts

Running at 140 watts per 180 watt Pro Source LED Illuminator Pro should cover a 2x2 area with 35 watts/ft2. or a 1.75x1.75 area will give you 45 watts/ft2

Week: 1 Cloning

Medium: Sunshine Mix #4

Nutrients: Xtreme Gardening Line

Water: Purified

Container: 4" pot

Temp: 80' F.

Humidity: 40%

Room: 3x3 Grow Tent

Distance From Light: 30"

Light Cycle: 18/6

Summary:

This clone was cut one week ago and dipped in Azos.
Azos and Mykos were both added generously into the soil before transplanting the cuttings into 4" pots.
Cuttings were placed in the room on Wed. May 1st 2013 Pics are take on May 5th 2013 only four days later! Roots
No humidity domes were used on clones.

The soil was hydrated before cuttings were added to activate the Azos and the Mykos in the soil and to prevent over hydration as-well as avoiding removing the Azos/solution that the cutting was dipped in from the stem.

Although the LED's provide a bit more light than needed for cloning the lights being raised up 30" did not affect them too bad.They did show some signs of stress from to intense of light, but overall are ok.

Note: The mother of these plants were under MH HID lights. so some shock to the clones is expected. The LED lights are more than over kill for the newly cut clones.. Fluorescence lights provide lower light intensity and are more suited for cloning.
I am going to try a further distance next time for the first few days next time to minimize damage.

Prosource.180.watt.UFO.jpg

GSC..Skywalker.OG.Under.180.Watt.Prosource.Illuminator.LED.UFO.jpg

GSC.WEEK.1.Cloning.Top.View.jpg

GSC.Roots.Day.4.Under.ProSource.LED.000.jpg

GSC.top.view.day.5.Recovering.Nicely.white.spots.are.a.cal.mag.spray..will.rinse.off.in.24.hours.jpg

GSC.roots.day.5.jpg

GSC.WEEK.1.Cloning.Side.View.jpg

Sorry Guys Had problems uploading pics on this forum..
Trying to make this post the same for all the forums I will be using.
Will try and upload pics to a slide show and post on youtube soon..

Only purified water (with mykos powder and azos) has been given to the plants so far.
The mykos and azos are only beneficial bacteria and micro-organisms and not nutrients at all. no N-P-K value.
I have not given the plants any nutrients because they have not showed signs of needing extra nitrogen as the micro-organisms in the Azos pull nitrogen out of the air and feed it to the plant systemically.
Also the previous tip curl has subsided and is no longer present.

GSC.Day.8.Veg.Top.View.jpg

GSC.Day.8.Veg.Side.View.jpg

Skywalker.OG.Day.8.Veg.Top.View.jpg

Skywalker.OG.side.view.day.8.veg.jpg

Skywalker.OG.1.top.view.day.8.veg.jpg

Skywalker.OG.1.side.view.day.8.veg (1).jpg

Skywalker.OG.2.top.view.day.8.veg.jpg

Skywalker.OG.2.side.view.day.8.veg.jpg

Srry.. Here are the Day 1 pics for Veg.

Note: All in same order as above except missing Skywalker Og side view

GSC.Day.1.Veg.Top.View.jpg

GSC.Day.1.Veg.Side.View.jpg

Skywalker.OG.Day.1.Veg.Top.View.jpg

Skywalker.OG.1.Day.1.Veg.Top.View.jpg

Skywalker.OG.1.Day.1.Veg.Side.View.jpg

Skywalker.OG.2.Day.1.Veg.000.jpg

Skywalker.OG.2.Day.1.Veg.Side.View.jpg

Sweet disco light there, bud. :)

greenest of mojo fer ya grow show.

:peace:

Good luck and green mojo, curious though, why are you using 1 watt LED's? I admit I don't have my finger on the pulse of the LED community, but I thought 3 watt LED's are where they are at now?

why are you using 1 watt LED's? I thought 3 watt LED's are where they are at now?[/QUOTE]

I am not going by anyone else's word.. Gonna take more of a Scientific approach like the manufacturers do.
Compare all Lighting Possibilities.

I will be using

1 Watt Led's
3 Watt Led's
5 Watt Led's

And hopefully one with a mixture.

1 watts could produce nice buds with little heat..
The 3,&5's could do the same or better but with more heat.
Will lists the pro's and con's of all.

What lighting option will be the best?
Dunno yet we'll just have to wait and see.

Can you go over again how a 180W appliance is only using 140W? I don't understand this.

I noticed that in post 5 you say it is day 1 of veg, but they are quite large there. How long were they growing before "Day 1" of veg shown in post 5? What kind of light were they under?

You might want to reconsider posting pics here--the ones you posted are great. Many of us do not like to go off-site to look at pics of buds.

180 watt appliance-

Draws 155 @ the wall

-15 watts for fans

=140 LED watts

Plants on Day 1 of veg are actually 7 days from the mother. Roots peak early and I don't use harsh chemicals. Which stunts a clones growth.

They were under 1 180 watt prosource led for the first week (cloning process) then they were put under 2 180 watt lights. About 12" away. The plants went under the lights to veg for 21 days. (week 4) from mother. And were switched over to flower there after. These plants have very strong genetics. The cuts are from the original hybrids. The feeding program I give them dose not hurt either.

If I am to continue posting pics they won't be as often.. Maybe every two weeks I'll upload and convert. Just takes too much time to convert all the pics which is why I composed them into a slide show. I guess the links were disabled for some reason last night by nouvellechef. If we are not supposed to provide links to pics/ vids then why do we have the option, or just let me know that I'm not supposed to. Some forums will allow the members to watch the videos directly on their site.. no need to go to youtube. I don't get any likes that way or subscribers.. But no biggie. To be honest this isn't the only forum I post on.. I have more than 5 to post on. It is a bit time consuming as every forums format is different. I am trying to enlighten as many people as possible the results of an unbiased LED grow albeit good or bad.

Up to you man. But it takes less than 10min to select pics you want, label them, and batch size thru picassa. You just select all and change size to less than 475mb I think. I do it all the time, or used to on many sites, all at once, each site ready to upload on diff tabs. Keep up the progress. GL

The no direct links is MarP's rule. I usually just cut and paste a link if I want to go there. I understand that resizing the pics can be a PITA, but when doing it in batches like nouvellechef mentioned works well.

I am interested in watching this, but I really don't much care to watch grow videos. Stills generally do it for me. It just seems that most people want to make their videos longer than they need to be and you get tired of wading through info you don't need.

Thanks for explaining the wattage thing, though I still don't fully understand. LOL--there is a reason that I am a plumber and not an electrician.

I will try that Nouvellechef.

I understand alot of people will shy away from videos, Ive seen people ramble on and on for 4-48 min.. Which is ridiculous, it's not a tv show.. Strainhunters is the only videos that are long and worth watching.

I did update some info on the first post about wattage.. Hope it helps a little.

yo how was your testing . I just got me a small led ufo. 'mcurious on how they did under your led's

Latest posts

Back