Proper way to ventilate a room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forgot to tell you grow room is in 32x40 poll barn and I live in Michigan also have t5 8 bulb in veg with a barn this size can I exhaust in barn and draw fresh air also

I was thinking around 600 cfm for a room the size of mine do you run your fan 24/7 or just when 1000 watt is on thanks for your help.also I live under the bridge in west Michigan

Born, raised, worked for and retired from the once great city of Flint. Been living in the U.P. for 10 years. I draw fresh air in and exhaust the old air out inside my garage with no problems for 6 grows spanning 3 years.

Hey yopper do you grow in winter if so how do you work heat if I run fan 24/7 in the winter it will suck cold air in when lights are off in If run heater it will run all the time thanks for any help you can give me

Yes I do grow in the winter. My garden room is insulated on all 6 sides, sets up off thr cement floor. Winter time, have to close one of the intakes and run the 2" exhaust 24/7. Have ceiling fan on 24/7 also. Running the small exhaust fan 24/7 works better then the 8" one cycling on and off.

sounds like we have about same set up insulated on six sides is your barn heated if not what do you use to keep it warm when light are off and fan running also what do you mean by cei.ling fan

Garage is not heated, garden room has it`s own heater. Don`t get much heat from my LED`s. Regular ceiling fan, like you would hang in your house.

You should be running your exhaust 24/7. Running on intervals is not what THG is reffering too, she is saying cubic feet of room compared to CFM rating of fan, with a speed controller if needed, anyone worried about odour will tell you shutting exhaust off only causes a big stink! as well as some other issues.

So far I've been getting away with it and I was considering CO2 so I wanted to try it. I also like the idea of pulling everything out full bore instead of just a slow steady stream from intake to exhaust. I can't help but think it would just be a "narrow" stream of air from the intake hole to the exhaust hole all day with lots of stale pockets which of course, is nitpicking.

I am running it steady now but hate those noisy speed controllers, I use a HI MED LO on MED on a 400Cfm fan which I'm hoping is 200CFM
THG is also right on it likely being hard on the fan winding up like that 6 times an hour to say nothing of the hydro draw which convinced me to go back to steady half speed 24/7 instead... besides, me playing with CO2 would be downright scary.

I don't quite understand your question?

snipped...

In the winter when it is cold, I use the exhaust air from the vegging space to help heat the flowering space during lights out. I have a larger bathroom type exhaust fan located in the veg space that blows into the flowering space. This alleviates the need for an auxiliary heater in the flowering space if it gets too cool.

Do you also have another fresh air intake for the flower?
I had intake in veg, fan to flower, and flower to can and out.
I was chastised :) and had to add a separate fresh air for the flower and exhausted (the stale veg air) directly to the can.
I just take input from the house (instead of outside) in winter.

Can't you make your plants drink to much they will get wind burned and nutrient burned if you don't tone down feeding.

keep in mind that if you have 600 cfm fan you will loose about 20% to scrubber. Also bends sags and length of ducting... I've heard 10ft is 10% loss, don't know how true it is. So you are liable to get only 70% or less cfm movement. I believe its always better to go bigger than what you think you will need with proper dial for fan. It's my 2 cents. I've got a problem in my tent. I'm ducting from light about 3' from floor then out tent. I'm thinking the 4 ft above light may be causing some problems and should be ducted as well. I'm using 8" fan and 6" ducting I need to fix that as well. I am doing like you and using air to cool heat from lamp. That requires much more cfm then the plant needs. I think it is better to get closed circuit for lights and vent room for fresh air seperatly. I didn't think my light would make as much heat as it is although its only raising temps about 6-7 degrees at canopy where I want it. I have been having a/c trouble to. Nothings easy lol.

stickbait,
Come visit "Curmudgeonland...Home of the Old Farts Club" in the Coffee Table section. Just a bunch of old farts, some retired, some not, who grow weed and talk about it with like minded peeps. Stop by, we have "wake and bake" sessions every morning and through out the day.

Latest posts

Back