Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope I can join the club. I have 3 tents. One for flower one for veg and I dry/cure in another. There are both positives and negatives with a tent. But, they serve my purpose and I make it work. I am 100% dialed in and have been for years. Only way I have ever or ever will grow.

Hope I can join the club. I have 3 tents. One for flower one for veg and I dry/cure in another. There are both positives and negatives with a tent. But, they serve my purpose and I make it work. I am 100% dialed in and have been for years. Only way I have ever or ever will grow.
Cool.

Question...do you leave your vents open or do you close them? I have four additional 4 and 6 inch ports and while I could close them it seemed better to open them but filter out the light and keep out any bugs. The outer filter is carbon but the inner ones that stop the light are just layers of filter material. Air flows freely. I thought it might make air exchange better

I usually leave my vents open for better temps and humidity really close them also when adjusting temp/humidity I can adjust the temp and humidity with those and my vent fan speed usually. My top vents are open but shielded from the overhead light. If your vents don’t have screens and you want to open them, make sure have a means to keep the buggos from getting in the tent especially if your tent is not in a controlled environment like a garage or where bugs would be more likely to be around.
that’s just my thing. I’m sure others will chime in…✌️

Interesting question. 3 tents and 3 different answers. First flower. I have and intake and an exhaust....everything else is closed. Several ways of controlling temps.....another complicated subject. Humidity never above 60%. I like to keep it at 40% but if it gets below the plants adjust accordingly.

Veg, one open vent at the top and one at the bottom. This creates a natural vortex with the heat rises naturally which draws in fresh cooler air at the bottom. If the humidity gets to high I use a small desk fan at the lower vent to clean it out. I don't like the humidity to get above 60%.

Dry cure tent.....while hanging I like the tent to start out at 60% and slowly drop to 50%. Open and closing vents accomplish this. If the humidity gets to low I put a pan of water with a wash rag hanging over the side....this will help raise but 5% or so.

I don't use a controller all done the old fashioned way.....my imagination and trial and error.

Interesting question. 3 tents and 3 different answers. First flower. I have and intake and an exhaust....everything else is closed. Several ways of controlling temps.....another complicated subject. Humidity never above 60%. I like to keep it at 40% but if it gets below the plants adjust accordingly.

Veg, one open vent at the top and one at the bottom. This creates a natural vortex with the heat rises naturally which draws in fresh cooler air at the bottom. If the humidity gets to high I use a small desk fan at the lower vent to clean it out. I don't like the humidity to get above 60%.

Dry cure tent.....while hanging I like the tent to start out at 60% and slowly drop to 50%. Open and closing vents accomplish this. If the humidity gets to low I put a pan of water with a wash rag hanging over the side....this will help raise but 5% or so.

I don't use a controller all done the old fashioned way.....my imagination and trial and error.
I like being able to monitor the tent by just picking up my tablet and checking the status. Experimenting now with ways to ensure that I neither under nor over water. Check out the "hole stoppers" I put together.

Attachments

• 3D395BE8-82FE-4CA9-AEAB-28FD71227481.jpeg
    3D395BE8-82FE-4CA9-AEAB-28FD71227481.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • D539BDBB-A802-4615-9FCA-248ED95A7946.jpeg
    D539BDBB-A802-4615-9FCA-248ED95A7946.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Good idea. Is that a speaker cover?
I was going to print these and then cover them with carbon filters then I found them on Amazon for $20 each. Then I bought short pipe joins and a sheet of 3M filter material for like $10 and cut the holes for the inside from those. It cuts 99% of the light with two pieces and air flows easily. So like $30 each but it's for the long run. Wife wants me to make it classy for when neighbors come over and want to ogle at my setup.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083SD95FS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I was going to print these and then cover them with carbon filters then I found them on Amazon for $20 each. Then I bought short pipe joins and a sheet of 3M filter material for like $10 and cut the holes for the inside from those. It cuts 99% of the light with two pieces and air flows easily. So like $30 each but it's for the long run. Wife wants me to make it classy for when neighbors come over and want to ogle at my setup.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083SD95FS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Well they are very snazzy for sure the joneses will love them 🤪

I kinda like the old school ways and feel more comfortable knowing now what my plants need after a few grows under my belt. I see a lot of folks on here getting all the cool gadgets nutrients special additives and new ideas and I’m glad to see them post all of it as it all interest me and if I see something that is working great for others that might help my grow I may just try it. I do have to keep my cost down so I’m a very basic grower. I have wasted money on some things that didn’t pay off so basic is good for me.

i do like @KGBSkunky s idea tho. I would have used a couple of these and some cool cannabis material to fancy them vent holes up. Like I said I try to come up with a cheaper way but not quite as fancy 😊
15499E51-2B88-4CA4-B8D0-178E30D7E65C.jpeg

I kinda like the old school ways and feel more comfortable knowing now what my plants need after a few grows under my belt. I see a lot of folks on here getting all the cool gadgets nutrients special additives and new ideas and I’m glad to see them post all of it as it all interest me and if I see something that is working great for others that might help my grow I may just try it. I do have to keep my cost down so I’m a very basic grower. I have wasted money on some things that didn’t pay off so basic is good for me.

i do like @KGBSkunky s idea tho. I would have used a couple of these and some cool cannabis material to fancy them vent holes up. Like I said I try to come up with a cheaper way but not quite as fancy 😊
View attachment 324941
For a 6 inch hole my original idea was to use a short piece of hose, say 8 inches, and cut two or three pieces then place them in the hose ends and use hot glue to hold it in place. Then buy a sheet of carbon filter and cut material so you corner the end with material left over then attach it with a rubber band. Low cost and should work perfectly.

What I did was more like fancy rims on a car. Doesn’t add ability. Also note that Vivosun sells these for like $13 a pair. Apparently my idea wasn't the first just new to me.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-2-Pc...681676566&sprefix=vivosun,aps,65&sr=8-48&th=1

Last edited:
It's called experience...... I don't need any fancy gadgets. But you gotta be anal. I am also a nerve ending. At least that is what Mrs Pute says.
Fully understand. I just don’t have that kind of experience yet so I glean from yourself and others. Believe it or not my attempts like 15 years ago I never lost a plant. But that in no way means I was terribly successful at it. But as an engineer my perspective is to figure out two things only. How completely control the environment of the tent and how to simplify watering to the point if I have to leave for two weeks it won’t be an issue. I am getting there.

Be a lot more fun taking about all this around a fire pit

Interesting thing about having the 4 ports open but with filters. As I heat the tent the hard cover retains temperature. The top covers are 75 degrees and the bottom is 70. The tent is pulling air in the bottom ports and pushing it out the top ports giving me a gentle airflow for the seedlings.

I like being able to monitor the tent by just picking up my tablet and checking the status. Experimenting now with ways to ensure that I neither under nor over water. Check out the "hole stoppers" I put together.
I needed more intake on my tent so I kind of improvised too. I didn't want to buy light baffles etc, so I made my own.
8in duct that I had from ac infinity and a 2 gallon felt pot. I also have a home depot flange with a 1 gallon felt pot . Blocks 100 percent of the light. I zipped myself in there and it is pitch black
PXL_20230419_145139033.jpg
PXL_20230419_145157107.jpg
PXL_20230419_145231633.jpg
16819167170141110293479067204862.jpg
16819167291227588731750358741476.jpg
16819168130462342884549630654938.jpg

I needed more intake on my tent so I kind of improvised too. I didn't want to buy light baffles etc, so I made my own.
8in duct that I had from ac infinity and a 2 gallon felt pot. I also have a home depot flange with a 1 gallon felt pot . Blocks 100 percent of the light. I zipped myself in there and it is pitch black View attachment 325365View attachment 325366View attachment 325367View attachment 325370View attachment 325371View attachment 325373
Very slick multifunctional solution

Hey peeps, looking to join gtc. I have a 1.2 x 1.2 tent with a mars hydro fc-e650, 4inch in-line fan looking to upgrade to the mars hydro 6inch in-line fan. only got the 3 lady autos in just now gorilla cookies. I’m having a house inspection at some point so can’t fill it up just yet, only my second grow so looking for to learn and improve from the knowledge I pick up from you guys.

Attachments

• IMG_3804.jpeg
    IMG_3804.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3803.jpeg
    IMG_3803.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back