who likes peppers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishnish

Nug Lover
Reaction score
not just hot peppers but all peppers!
i know this is non-mj related but...

Health Benefits of Peppers

All peppers are rich in vitamins A, C, and K, but red peppers are simply bursting with them. Antioxidant vitamins A and C help to prevent cell damage, cancer, and diseases related to aging, and they support immune function. They also reduce inflammation like that found in arthritis and asthma. Vitamin K promotes proper blood clotting, strengthens bones, and helps protect cells from oxidative damage.

Red peppers are a good source of the carotenoid called lycopene, which is earning a reputation for helping to prevent prostate cancer as well as cancer of the bladder, cervix, and pancreas. Beta-cryptoxanthin, another carotenoid in red peppers, is holding promise for helping to prevent lung cancer related to smoking and secondhand smoke.

Besides being rich in phytochemicals, peppers provide a decent amount of fiber.

Hot peppers' fire comes from capsaicin, which acts on pain receptors, not taste buds, in our mouths. Capsaicin predominates in the white membranes of peppers, imparting its "heat" to seeds as well. The capsaicin in hot peppers has been shown to decrease blood cholesterol and triglycerides, boost immunity, and reduce the risk of stomach ulcers. It used to be thought that hot peppers aggravated ulcers. Instead, they may help kill bacteria in the stomach that can lead to ulcers.

Both hot and sweet peppers contain substances that have been shown to increase the body's heat production and oxygen consumption for about 20 minutes after eating. This is great news; it means your body is burning extra calories, which helps weight loss.

-----------------------
how about that, something that grows out the ground and is good for you... what else is like that? :watchplant:

We're big fans of peppers round these parts. And I knew all that stuff - good for you for spreading the word. My favorite is thai chile peppers but I'll eat any of them :D

I love peppers. I like hot peppers better than the others. My favorite pepper recipe would be called "ARMADILLO EGGS". Pretty simple, take whole jalepenos ( the bigger the better) take a pepper corer and remove the seeds, then wash and stuff with cream cheese or cheddar cheese, wrap in bacon and use toothpicks to hold bacon on. Bake in oven @375 for @25mins. Now cooking time can vary depending on the size of the peppers, so after @20minutes start watching them. When the chesse is starting to turn brown they are ready. >>>>>>>>>>>>( if you like your peppers more tender try to bring them to a hard boil then follow the direcitons)<<<<<<<<<<

The Effen Gee said:
I LOVE peppers.

Alot, I am always searching for the hottest pepper.
That's an easy one. The Bhut Jolokia

Wear gloves when you handle this one.

I have an ounce of the dried ones in the fridge right now.

They're unreal.

Or if you just want to scorch your stomach and not melt it, Red Savina Flakes

AmericanSpice.com has the best prices for these, that I've found on the net. If you find better pricing, please let me know. I use a lot of the Bhuts.

I love chili peppers. I eat them everyday. Capsaicin is also theorized to trigger apoptosis (cell suicide) in certain cancerous cells.

I'm not crazy about sweet peppers though.

Thanks POTUS,

Resourceful as ever...

Hope I am too when I all old and stuff..

I am going to try to get my hands on some of these.
(hopefully I remember to wash or wear gloves when I go pee pee)

Alistair Young said:
I love chili peppers. I eat them everyday. Capsaicin is also theorized to trigger apoptosis (cell suicide) in certain cancerous cells.

I'm not crazy about sweet peppers though.
It's also associated with certain types of stomach and throat cancer as part of the cause.

Nothing is *all* good or *all* bad.

The Effen Gee said:
Thanks POTUS,

Resourceful as ever...

Hope I am too when I all old and stuff..

I am going to try to get my hands on some of these.
(hopefully I remember to wash or wear gloves when I go pee pee)
You won't ever forget to wear the gloves the second time. Whatchumean old? I was talking to a women who is 95 the other day and she told me I was still a youngster.:hubba:

Everything is comparitive. :D

I like peppers, hot mild and sweet. I don't mess with Bhut Jolokia, they don't even look friendly, all bright and twisted and mean looking. I can deal with Habeneros in cooking, and I can a ton of Jalapenos, but I just eat those with a fork.

i eat hot peppers with everything.i have at times,taken them with me to restaurants.i like the fresh ones best,not too crazy about pickled ones,but i will eat them when i can not get fresh.

Latest posts

Back