Decarb or not to decarb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ston-loc

Reaction score
Just some thinking, and wondering others opinions. The only edibles I have made are hard jolly rancher like candies with BHO. I have never decarbed the trim and buds before making the bho. I usually put about 2 to 2 1/2 grams in each batch which makes about 80 or so candies. Question being, if I decarb my bud and trim before making the bho, is it going to make a huge difference? If so, how much? I dig the potency of the candies now, so don't want to use 2 grams of decarbed stuff and knock everyone on their butts if it will be that much stronger. What do you all think?

Does bho produce heat so it is being decarbed at that point? (Excuse my ignorance of bho)

I doubt it will make a significant difference if you are making BHO. I decarb when I make bubble hash because THCA and CBCA are water soluble.

Try to keep it below 130 while purging. Hottest on accident it's up to 150. I heard decarbing the buds first will be more affective and potent, able to use less. Just wondering. Never done it before

Stoned and thinking of it more. The candy is at 300 when I slowly whisk the bho in. The minimal time the oil is mixing couldn't do it, could it? Hmm

I would think so on the temp of candy when mixing it in I've always wonder this myself. I make chocolate with bho and I use the same amount between 2 to 2 1/2 gram of bho to a package of chocolate chips and I get 25-30 1in squares and one will nock you on your *** if not used to it. When I make it I usually am quite a mess because of sampling and licking spoon and bowl lol. But I decarb my hash first and always wonder if I really need to and afraid to test it out because I know it work with decarb the hash. I'll try to find the formula I used to decarb been awhile and can't Remember the temp I get the stove too. I heat the oven with hash in it till it gets I think 125 then turn it off let the hash sit in oven for 15 min then take it out let it cool and repeat that process 5 times. But like I said in the beginning I have wonder if I really need to do all that and just heat the chocolate and mix in the hash..

I'll have the bho in and out of the oven at 125, and on heated tiles in the vacuum chamber while purging all the remaining butane out. Sounds about right then. One candy will get me feeling nice, and I'm a multiple times a day smoker. Two or three candies and I'm pretty jacked, haha.

What I initially was thinking was do I need to decarb the buds pre bho making? Would that affect the strength and effectiveness of eating it. Once the bho is made, it does get up to heated temperatures.

Latest posts

Back