New to hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eduardo

Reaction score
Hi.At the begining I would like to say hello to every one, this is my first post.
I'm planning to switch to hydro setup.I have already ordered the equipment and have a couple of questions about growing.
I have ordered a flood tray 110x100cm,rock wool slabs 100x15cm(seven of them, which fit nicely)and some rock wool cubes.I'm going to grow from a seed(blueberry-DP), so I have to plant them in the cubes and later somehow transplant them into slabs, when sex will be determined.
Now the big question, should I put the cubes on the empty tray, fill the tray with water/nutrients for a couple of minutes and that's it or should I have some kind of medium in the tray(perlite or something).Will 7x7cm rock wool cube support 30-40cm high plant?
I have a 100l water tank and will be using hesi products.How often should I change the water in the tank?What's the optimum temperature of water?How powerful heater do I need for 100l tank?
I have a 2500l/h pump, the tray holds 40 liters, how long should I water and how often?I'll be growin 18/6 in veg.
Thanks for your time.

I also have the same setup. I keep the light on 24/0 and feed them 4 times a day for 15 minutes each time. I only put in half strength nutrients that were recommended for seed - veg. stage. I have info on my grow journal if it will help, they're only 11 days old now, so I'm not that far ahead of you.

good x's and great highs

Latest posts

Back