Toys that make noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtVandolay

Band!
Reaction score
My neighor and I loaded up the toys and went to the outdoor range today. I took a few pics as we packed up.

Stuff4 (640 x 480).jpg

Ammo, clay targets and flinger, and short range targets

Stuff3 (640 x 480).jpg

12 gauge Mossberg 500 SP with optional pistol grips and tool to change them at the range :hubba:. Beretta 92FS 9 mm.

Stuff2 (640 x 480).jpg

Safety gear and shootin tunes (John Fogarty :D)

A fun day was had by all!

I managed to nick a few clays with the pistol grips mounted, but I'm not sayin how many shots I took with it :hubba:. No one else hit anything with the pistol grips mounted. With the stock mounted, everyone has hitting. We barely shot the 9mm.

i just sold my Ak-74 last night. its to much trouble for me to go to a shooting range and if i shoot it around here im going to jail.. but once upon a time we went all the time. to the shooting range and jail.

banjobuzz said:
i've got two of the same shotguns. does yours have the fold down front sight?...bb...

No, it has a bead sight. I haven't seen the fold down one, will have to look into it.:D

slowmo77 said:
i just sold my Ak-74 last night. its to much trouble for me to go to a shooting range and if i shoot it around here im going to jail.. but once upon a time we went all the time. to the shooting range and jail.

There's always an AK-47 contingent out there. They're allowed to shoot at the long range.

Man, woulda loved to get in on some of that fun with ya. Did you guys try to shoot with just the pistol grip, not the broomhandle (front pistol grip)? IThat combo sounds like it would be the winner to me...

I'm trying to decide right now whether I want the wife to get me a Berreta or a Springfield Armory 45 for Christmas. Tough time of year with these hard decisions...

HydroManiac said:
I thought SKS were only legal??

I don't know a lot about them - I understood semiautomatic was ok, full automatic is not. They had several makes - Hungarian, Russian, American as I recall.

EDIT: I found this, HM:

The AK-47 is manufactured as a fully-automatic weapon, meaning that it is able to fire repeatedly as long as the trigger is pulled back. Before they can be imported and sold in America, they must be modified to shoot only a single bullet with each pull of the trigger.

Whenever you hear about AK-47s in the American news, you're not hearing about machine guns, unless the gun was illegally converted back to full-auto.

That said, before 1986, fully automatic weapons could be manufactured and imported into the USA. There may be some fully automatic AK-47s that were imported before then, and are therefore legal for American citizens to own and shoot. However, because they are no longer legally made or imported, existing legal machine guns are outrageously expensive.

blancolighter said:
Man, woulda loved to get in on some of that fun with ya. Did you guys try to shoot with just the pistol grip, not the broomhandle (front pistol grip)? IThat combo sounds like it would be the winner to me...

I'm trying to decide right now whether I want the wife to get me a Berreta or a Springfield Armory 45 for Christmas. Tough time of year with these hard decisions...

Both, actually ;) We put the pistol grip on first and started shooting and laughed so hard we drew a small crowd. After awhile, someone wanted to see it with the front grip, too. Then we shot and laughed some more.

Men and their playthings

:giggle:

My ex was just like that. He became too expensive to keep around so I kicked him out. I think some of said toys still reside in the back of the shed.

Real nice, bb! But that's not the short (18.5 inch) barrel :hubba: EDIT: IS it? I can't tell, now.

Also Artvadolay, the modification to convert the semi auto aks back to full auto is only a two cheap part fix. for the longest time you could find the parts on ebay, but I doubt that anymore. I couldn't even sell my flak jacket on there now.

So I'm like blown away the grip advesly affectly the skeeting (ha I know, love the wording), like did it just throw off the recoil so you could keep a smooth follow through or somethin?

blancolighter said:
So I'm like blown away the grip advesly affectly the skeeting (ha I know, love the wording), like did it just throw off the recoil so you could keep a smooth follow through or somethin?

No, I'm pretty sure it's because you pretty much have to shoot from the hip and are not looking down the sight. That's why we were laughing so hard.

HAHAHA skeeting from the hip, I get the hilarity now. I just looked at the gun more and it looks like the stock doesn't drop enough for you to hold it with the pistol grips and comfortly look through the sights, is that the problem?

I am picking up what they call the "Persuader" . An excop friend of mine says thy're shi* and that they jam alot. Is this true? I love going 4x4'in and shootin and wanna pick one up before January 15th. Wadda you guys think?

I personally would go with a Remmington 870, but the Mossberg 500 is a good gun. Jamming and misfires I find are usually the result of poor upkeep and operation or poor ammo (well at least on a good gun like the 500) so if you treat your firearm well, the Persuader will recipricate. Your excop friend prolly thinks they're crap cause cop shotties get thrown around all day, never used and never cleaned, so there is just a build up of junk in it when it does get fires, and it jams.

Latest posts

Back