Test Run / 1st Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DillaWilla

Reaction score
Well I decided to start a grow journal so here's the info:

If you want to see my setup click on this link

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3139

First couple of pics are the lot of them, 4 total. They are all grown from bagseed, it took a while but I think I finally have a good test run going (the first 2 trys didnt start well):eek:

The next few pics are of my best and most vigorous plant, this one did well from the start but the nutes have really been getting it going.

The next couple pics are of of the comeback player of the year...this little one started out slow and then started getting real yellow (cotyldons, and first set of finger leaves) I started nutes and it has taken off, with no more yellow.:D

The last few are my runts...The bigger one has tripled in size in 3 days and the smallest one is really trying, but slow. (FYI...I tried planting the whole peat pot on the one for a test, all of the others were transplanted)

I have them in premium poting soil with perlite, vermiculite, peat moss, etc, under a 400 watt MH w/ full spectrum bulb. The 2 biggest ones are about 15 days old and the 2 smaller are roughly 12 and 13 days but they all took a while to grow. I originally only used distilled water which I think contributed to the slow growth. I have been giving them nutes for 5 days and they all have really started growing:D(GH Flora Nova Veg, Liquid Karma)...My temp is 82'F at night and 87'F during the day and my Ph is about 6.0-6.5...I think I have a good grasp on it now so will see what happens!! I will post more pics as they grow, once I get them going real good I will start my Misty grow...

I you have any advice feel free to sound off:cool:

P1000421.JPG

P1000430.JPG

P1000425.JPG

P1000429.JPG

P1000434.JPG

P1000424.JPG

P1000433.JPG

P1000427.JPG

P1000426.JPG

Good Luck Dilla!! Quick question, don't you think it's a little early to start fertilizing? Looking good, Hope all goes well!

Well I thought it was to early until I talked to a number of people about it (mostly on MP), and to be honest it really has worked wonders, I think in my case my plants needed it because of the distilled water I used for the first week - 10 days...I started using a super diluted concentration and have increased it very slowly. For the most part I think it has worked and is what was needed, but I appreciate the input...MORE IS WELCOME!

Those babies are lookin good DillaWilla, keep up the good work and keep us posted! :D

Looking good DW. Looks like your off to a better start this time around. Like they say you learn from your mistakes and yes we all make them. Good luck on the rest of your grow.

They Look Great DW. Question, do you plain to do LST on them. Good luck GOOD BUDDIE.

Yes I do KindMind, I actually will most likely start on the bigger two on Monday...I am reading all about "LST" and am still a little confused with how to do it "RIGHT"...But with the pros on this site, I am sure I'll get it down...Thanks for the compliments....oh and welcome to MP :D

Dillawilla...thats cool, can you tell me exactly why and how LST works, and how I do it. I want to grow a plant but I have only a small space. Thanks Man

KindMind....basically just read everything you can find on "LST" and then if you still have questions start a new thread on it. Once I start doing it I will make some more posts showing it....however it will be a test run, I am only going to do it on 2 plants just in case...Peace Out and GG

DW keep up the good work!!!!;)

I Wanna know to so anyone (the Pros!!) post something about it!!:eek:

Here are some updates....I dont have alot of time to talk but the plants are doing great for the most part....My big "girl", I hope, is doing great she has her 5 pointed leaves coming out now...My # 2 she is starting to turn a little yellow on her 1st set of 3 pointers same thing that happen to her 1st finger leaves so who knows with that one :( , I took that off nutes to see what happens...The 2 smal ones are growing pretty good with the nutes they have tripled in size since my last pics...so enought talking here is my Monday update:D

P1000447.JPG

P1000448.JPG

P1000449.JPG

P1000450.JPG

P1000451.JPG

P1000453.JPG

P1000454.JPG

P1000455.JPG

P1000456.JPG

P1000457.JPG

P1000458.JPG

P1000461.JPG

Ok all here are my updates:D ...the site was down for a while and I felt like I didnt know what to do with my spare time...(then I lit a doob:cool: , LOL)...Any way my plants are doing great they are all close to 4 weeks old and they are just growing like crazy (some more than others). Once again I am using a 400 watt MH with a full spectrum bulb and only using GH Flora Nova Grow and Liquid Karma for nutes. I am using the recommended strength for early veg growth, I will bump it to full strength on monday. I used premium potting soil with no additives to start the grow. Ok now the pics:

The first pic is the lot of them, they have all more than quadrupled in size since my last post!!:D

Picss 2, 3, and 4 are of my second best plant, the bottom leaves have a little yellowing, mainly from being splashed with nutes, but for the most part this baby is really starting to veg.

Pics 5, 6, and 7 are of my numero uno chica...This plant is growing like mad, it has full branches coming out of the nodes and is really bushing up, man I hope it's a girl:)

Pics 8, 9, and 10 are of my one problem plant:( ...this plant has had all of its bottom leaves pruned because of browning, the plant for the most is doing fine now, the stem is very strong and the new growth is tight and compacted. There are a couple brown spots from spashing, but I think its doing fine now. This one has been a challenge, hopefully it surprises me and becomes a lady with nice big buds:D

Pics 11, and 12 are of my runt, however it has absolutely become a beast compared to where it was last post, so I cant complain!!!

Feel free to comment and give me any advice. I will be posting a new journal soon I have 4 Misty seeds germing since last night and they all have cracked. I will be planting them in cups using Fox Farm Ocean and Forest soil and eventually Fox Farm Ferts (I wanted to compare to the GH Flora Nova line) After that I still have 6 seeds left for future grows, and hopefully I'll get some clones of these babies. Well thats all for now, peace out and GG (good growing)

P1000462.JPG

P1000463.JPG

P1000464.JPG

P1000465.JPG

P1000466.JPG

P1000467.JPG

P1000468.JPG

P1000469.JPG

P1000470.JPG

P1000471.JPG

P1000472.JPG

P1000473.JPG

Looking great DW. Your babies look like they are getting the best of care. Be sure to keep us updated. :D

Hey DillaWilla those plants are lookin great. Keep up the good work! :D

PS Im lookin forward to your Fox Farms/Flora Nova comparison.

Dilla Willa are you going to transplant soon? If not when do you plan to? Your babies look like they are going to be young healthy BUSHES. Kept your green thumb green and in a couple of months you should be able to enjoy some GREEN.

Nice lookin grow Dilla. Keep up the good work. :D

Kindmind...I am going to transplant the 2 biggest plants into either 3 or 5 gallon containers which will be their permanent homes through flowering. I just expanded my growspace to allow them to get up to 6 feet tall during flowering. I cant wait to have some "green" as you say, still a couple of months away though. Thanks for all the nice comments all, I will update again on Monday. I should be able to start my Misty grow jounal then as well ( I have 2 sprouts planted and 2 more in germ that hopefully will be planted today)...Peace Out and GG!!

Latest posts

Back