First grow, 1000w DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockeclipse

1000w Of Love
Reaction score
So this is my first grow... I have 8 plants going under a 1000w HPS air cooled with a 178cfm fan running 18/6. They are running off of a 950gph, with 5" round airstones. I was having Ph issues, and I rinsed and switched to straight ph water for a few days. I originally germed 8, lost four, and had another 4 playing catch up two weeks behind. Well today I put the last four in at around 120 ppm with distilled water. I added nutes to the other four hoping some color would return but they are looking worse now? Only a few hours after I put them in new water with 250 ppms they are droopy and sad looking? I cannot get these nutrients right. I am using the 3part GH flora series. Here are some pics, these are 11 days in.

These first are a few pics of them looking "good" before the res change...

up 035.JPG

up 036.JPG

Here is like 2 hours after the change. Roots look good though, 11 days ago they were less than 1/4 inch. I wish I could get this right...I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

up 038.JPG

up 040.JPG

up 041.JPG

up 033.JPG

How are you mix your nutes? Micro-bloom-grow? what is your ph? ph should 5.8. Was there a drastic temp change between new mix from the old mix?

pcduck said:
How are you mix your nutes? Micro-bloom-grow? what is your ph? ph should 5.8. Was there a drastic temp change between new mix from the old mix?

I don't recall the temps between the old and new but I think it was about the same....The Ph was adjusted to 5.5 and that is the order I mixed them

I prefer a ph of 5.8. Some strains like that 5.5 start point, but some don't. My bubba/kush looked some what like that when I started the ph to low for that strain.

pcduck said:
I prefer a ph of 5.8. Some strains like that 5.5 start point, but some don't. My bubba/kush looked some what like that when I started the ph to low for that strain.

These areall unknown bag strains....figured I would give it a go with these til I figure this out. I am glad I did that since things aren't going so well. I will up the ph a bit tomorrow if things don't change

Is it possible that maybe I just shocked them a little and they will perk back up? Or should I flush and re-do the res again?

I would just let them recover. I have noticed with my dwc that there is a fast turn around in appearance once they get adjusted and get to liking it. What I would do is when you first notice an improvement, check the ph. Then try to keep it in that range. Ph always fluctuates a little bit

are you mixing the nutes together in their concentrated form?

BuddyLuv said:
are you mixing the nutes together in their concentrated form?
I added them individually to the water, but now that I think about it I may have went micro-gro-bloom.....

I use two part because I have a difficult time making sense of the three part stuff.

BuddyLuv said:
I use two part because I have a difficult time making sense of the three part stuff.
I don't quite understand why, if its all going to the same place, it can't be added in any order? Or was I supposed to wait a certain amount of time in between each one? I hope when I get home they look like they are happier.

I was getting the server busy all night last night so I got off before I threw my laptop out the window:eek: :hitchair: . Here are some pics, I think they are doing much better. I have a return to green, with some yellowing of bottom leaves? tell me whatcha think.

update2 001.JPG

update2 002.JPG

update 002.JPG

some more pics, some of the little ones. :watchplant:

Whats with that little gal in the middle? top leafs are yellow.....

update 003.JPG

update 004.JPG

update 007.JPG

You might want to add more hydroton to your net pots. Looks like you have some light leaks there.

Latest posts

Back