seeing spots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emuman

Reaction score
there's these little spots all over 2 of my ladies, 1 of them is about to have her first birthday (reveged after harvest) the other well lets say she was born around Halloween 09 my concerns are, what is it? and is it contagious ?

btw I am the king of giving not enough info

100_4673.JPG

100_4676.JPG

100_4678.JPG

Mites, check under the leaves for webs?

Tact said:
Mites, check under the leaves for webs?

its past their bedtime now but I will check in the am

is there some kind of spray that wont kill me if I smoke it?

Good eye Tact....I'll bet you find mites when the lights come on...good luck!

I see you just started budding. Well you can mess around with natural stuff like neem oil, or you can just say screw it and go for the big guns I've heard of people haveing success with AzaMax, put out by GH. I just looked in a mag, and it is supposed to be all natural to.

i would say mites to thats wot my plants looked like on my last grow and they had mites i sprayed with a spidermite product called bug gun then 3days later did it again not seen the little critters since (touch wood)

You generally do not see webbing on the undersides of the leaves, you will see spider mites and their eggs. Spider mite eradication generally takes several applications of several different miticides to get rid of them. Do a search--there is plenty of info.

The Hemp Goddess said:
...you will see spider mites and their eggs...

:yeahthat: and tons of them too,:holysheep: how the hell did they infest so quickly?

I'm am almost positive they came the clones I was "babysitting", but I'm not going to sit here and play the blame game, instead I am off to the market to see if I cant scare up some "lice killer", after all it is January and is seems everything aside from miracle grow is out of stock

I will put some pick up in a bit

p.s. thanks all for the good info

The Hemp Goddess said:
You generally do not see webbing on the undersides of the leaves, you will see spider mites and their eggs.

Ahhh, I have not been blighted with the borg yet (knock on wood), is that a misconception, or sometimes they do throw up webs? I have been checking the underside of my leaves for webs, I guess thats not something I should do in my routine heh.

Tact said:
... is that a misconception, or sometimes they do throw up webs?...

no there are webs I'll see if I can get a clear pic to post

I was able to get some neem concentrate,
it says to mix 1 oz. with 1 gal water and saturate affected area being sure to spray the under side of leaves

I am going to attempt this now

Tact they do put up webs...you have to put them up to the light to see them though...I think what THG was saying is that you will see the bugs and eggs easier when you turn over a leaf...not that the webs don't exist...just not as easy to see.

Sorry for your misfortune!

if they are small enough I would dip the whole plant, if you can.

If you see webs in your buds.... it's WAY late...:hubba: you'll need your 30x scope to see the lil buggers with any clarity but you can usually see dots if you hold up the leaf to the light and look thru it...

Good Luck!
icon9.gif

legalize_freedom said:
Tact they do put up webs...you have to put them up to the light to see them though...I think what THG was saying is that you will see the bugs and eggs easier when you turn over a leaf...not that the webs don't exist...just not as easy to see.

Sorry for your misfortune!

if they are small enough I would dip the whole plant, if you can.

I would love to dip the whole plants, on the smaller ones I sprayed them very well, but I have a pure sativa thats 5 foot tall and a bit harder to maneuver

these pics were after a good spritzing

100_4680.JPG

100_4686.JPG

100_4687.JPG

HI....

I hope spraying them takes care of it. Be sure to follow up per directions to get any newly hatched eggs. Also be careful with light exposure/distance for a half day or so after spraying with miticide/pesticide... it can make the plants much more sensitive to HID lighting and burn them...:rolleyes: Just keep a close eye on them and move the lights if you need to... Be sure to clean your grow room and spray and/or bomb the room periodically or they'll just come back at your plants and could develop immunity over time to your miticide if you don't really stay on top of the situation. I really HATE mites...:hubba:

Peace!:cool:

yeah...sorry for your troubles. I'm not trying to rub it in but this is why it is suggested to quarantine any/all clones that you bring into your grow. I hope you get it taken care of...looks like they already really made themselves at home. How far into flower are the ones shown in the first pic? They look pretty new to flower, or else that is part of a lower budsight in the pic.

dirtyolsouth said:
If you see webs in your buds.... it's WAY late...:hubba: you'll need your 30x scope to see the lil buggers with any clarity but you can usually see dots if you hold up the leaf to the light and look thru it...

Good Luck!
icon9.gif

so far it looks like the 1 plant that was closest to the clones is a goner, and of the remaining 2, 1 seems to have a fighting chance, and the other looks relatively fine
also there do not appear to be bugs on my nugs

anyone know about how long does it take for neem to kill these things?
the directions read "apply wait 3 days reapply wait 3 more days, and if the problem remains reapply"

emuman said:
so far it looks like the 1 plant that was closest to the clones is a goner, and of the remaining 2, 1 seems to have a fighting chance, and the other looks relatively fine
also there do not appear to be bugs on my nugs

anyone know about how long does it take for neem to kill these things?
the directions read "apply wait 3 days reapply wait 3 more days, and if the problem remains reapply"

The chances are that the neem oil is not going to kill them. With an infestation that bad, you are most likely going to need multiple treatments of different products over several weeks.

Azamax won't hurt your plants/buds and will allow you to hold them off till harbest..I used it that way and I managed to complete a harvest with no "casualties"..

I'll chime in, cuz it bears repeating...

At least 4 different treatments in the future: a few foliars (safers soap, Azamax, neem) and a systemic to get the plants from the inside out..(floramite)..use sparingly but consistently and wait until the next run to use that stuff...

oh yeah: clean, clean clean, when the room is clear:)

I found some stuff in the shed called "fruit tree spray", it has malathion in it, malathion will kill just about everything, even people, the bottle says "safe to eat after only 10 days, I still have a number of weeks left, think I should give it a go? I mean at this point I'll prolly water cure anyhow or make up some hash

I dont have a problem smoking bugs that I didn't know were there, but now....
it just isn't going to be the same

C'mon now...

don't just spray anything on your plants...

"some stuff you found in the shed" is a bad idea brutha!

Azamax..Azamax...Azamax..it's gentle if applied corectly and more importantly, that is what it is for..

I would never spray just anything on my plants..(some stuff will disolve the THC..pretty scary, right?)

I say this out of care and concern...not to bust your balls..

if you can take care of this and pull your girls through to harvest, you'll be psyched and you'll know what to do if it ever happens again:)

cmd420 said:
C'mon now...

don't just spray anything on your plants...

"some stuff you found in the shed" is a bad idea brutha!

Azamax..Azamax...Azamax..it's gentle if applied corectly and more importantly, that is what it is for..

I would never spray just anything on my plants..(some stuff will disolve the THC..pretty scary, right?)

I say this out of care and concern...not to bust your balls..

if you can take care of this and pull your girls through to harvest, you'll be psyched and you'll know what to do if it ever happens again:)

:yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back