Filter Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nouvellechef

Reaction score
I was given 4 of these CAP filters. I have been skeptical of how well they would work because of there size. I have always used the giant, really heavy, CAN50's.

CAN's are like $180 a pop, they have run about one year. The smell was starting to come thru a bit. I shook the filters and it didnt help much. I have always had great luck with CAP products and luv them. So these were donated to run a test of how well they would do. Once a month they get taken down and rinsed under water, then sat out to dry. These are 50% of the cost of the CAN's.

Let the test begin. Will report back. Already luv them based on weight and size.

IMG_0840.JPG

plz do NC ive just started flowering and i can allready smell them, they are going to stick me house out in 4 weeks time, not good
what are these filter's called ?
peace fruity

fruity86 said:
plz do NC ive just started flowering and i can allready smell them, they are going to stick me house out in 4 weeks time, not good
what are these filter's called ?
peace fruity

Organic air triple layer, by CAP

hxxp://www.randmsupply.com/

I know from the others the Snakebites stink. They must be working cause I smell nothing.

Thank you, it's about time to replace mine. Your timing is impeccable as always.

Good Thread, I need to get one but needs to be small and light because of shipping or will cost me a fortune. No where around here sells them.

i just looked and all i found in the uk was k&n air filter or cheap rip off one's are these the same ? car filter = grow room filter
or am i to stoned to even stay on track of what im looking for LOL
anyone planing to get one in the uk ?

fruity86 said:
i just looked and all i found in the uk was k&n air filter or cheap rip off one's are these the same ? car filter = grow room filter
or am i to stoned to even stay on track of what im looking for LOL
anyone planing to get one in the uk ?

If i do get one i will have it sent from the UK because its cheaper. Emailed an online shop i use hXXp://www.hg-hydroponics.co.uk/index.asp to see if they are going to get them in stock as they supply other CAP filters. You should try emailing, maybe more demand will convince them.

So first test was take filter off veg area, because same strains in each room. Right away, big big stink. Flower room, nothing. Nose right in exhaust, just smelled like clean, minerally air. This test will be a year in the making but right off, wow. For how small and lightweight and the cfm it can take without being over feed or pulled thru, is crazy nice. Way bad *** for $80 a pop for a 6". Little skeptical on just washing, but thats what they say and they are willing to back it. I like.

You got me watching this one.
The Filters are actually made by Deau Passe, distributed by R&M. (hXXp://www.organicairfilter.com/product_detail_triplelayer.shtml) and they make Hepa Intake Filters also. I rock the Hepa Filters on my Intakes and love em.
HIGH CFM for sure. Sounds like they are doing the trick huh NC?

This is a game changer if it continues to work out for you.

im watching.

AluminumMonster said:
Any one for a:bump: ? Nouvellechef hows the filter holding up?

I wish we cld @nouvellechef him...........:holysheep:
My bad....wrong place.;)

Hi. There bad ***. So tiny. Have not washed yet. Need too. I am willing to bet next to woodstove they will be dry in 12 hours. If smell is danger issue. Just get a extra one on standby to switch out when washing is needed. If no woodstove its def gonna need time to dry out completely. But the size and weight makes up for that issue.

they dry in munutes using a shop vac on blow, or just stick them on vortex fan exhaust after a good shake :)

Yes D, Srry for late reply.

Ok. 55 days in with filter, no wash. It was stinking bad this am. I unhooked, put new one on. Instantly, no smell. God these things rock. I washed 1st one, will let dry completely and hook back up and report back how long before another wash

have shown that to the guy at the store i go and he promised that he will try to get some ... but i think no distributors for europe yet ... Is that right ?

bho_expertz said:
have shown that to the guy at the store i go and he promised that he will try to get some ... but i think no distributors for europe yet ... Is that right ?

Have no idea. But now adays I would assume you can get anything, anywhere.

The problem is border taxes of products from USA ... thanks for the help :)

Latest posts

Back