2002 seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
Digging through the o' seed locker and ran across some Apollo 13 seeds that I received back in '02. Almost 10 years old, I assumed the germination rate might suffer, so I dropped all 35 of them in a [aper towel to see what they would do. After 36 hours, 33 of 35 are cracked and showing their intitial root...:doh:

These have been stored in an airtight container in the crisper drawer of the 'fridge.

DSC02990.JPG

DSC02987.JPG

Nice...this gives me hope that someday I will be able to get through most of my beans....10 years and still viable....very sweet.

Looks like someone digging more holes this yr. Just goes to show if you keep the seeds cool and dry they stay good along time.

ozzydiodude said:
Looks like someone digging more holes this yr.

makes my back hurt just thinking it..:ignore:

i heard crackhoe :confused:

ive germed 6year olds no prob :)

good luck now hick lol lots to keep an eye on. Id imagine one hidden herm in there ;)

Hick said:
makes my back hurt just thinking it..:ignore:

That's what kids are for.:hubba:

My 25 YO actually thought I was just going to share what I grew, with no effort from him.:doh:

Dumb kids!:huh: :rofl:

Wet

OGKushman said:
i heard crackhoe :confused:

ive germed 6year olds no prob :)

good luck now hick lol lots to keep an eye on. Id imagine one hidden herm in there ;)

Dito. I germed seed from 04` at the beggining of the year with great results, many polyploids:hubba:

Had`m inside a plastic kinder egg, cool, dry, dark area.

Hey Hick,

I ran into a place here that carries some apollo 13 seeds... What are qualities/traits of this strain?

doc. my A13 is from a breeding project by an ols friend. It's been so long that I can't really recall all of the logistics. F4'5'6 ?? I just don't recall now. But I know they "worked" with it for awhile.
I've grown these seeds out at least 3 other times, and they were all 'pretty' consistent, stable. Only a slight variation produced two basic pheno's. One leaning a bit more toward the sativa end of the spectrum than the other. But both produced long, heavy, flavorfull colas, with a "Lemon Pledge" aroma and citrus/lemony flavor. An..."inspirational" kind of high, I guess I would call it. Not a mind racing, paranoia high, but far from the deep indica, drool on your chin, couch lock.
Umbroh..;) these were from the guy that produced that "Gorilla Arm" pheno'..:confused2: (remembering names,never been my forte')

gorillapheno.jpg

Happy growin this season Hick. :aok:

believe.. that is of the Gorilla arm pheno I spoke of

I quickly perused my 'puter for some yesterday chef, to no avail. I know I have many of the A13, it's a matter of finding them among the hundreds maybe thousands of pictures... :eek:

Latest posts

Back