First LED Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmaine420

Reaction score
I've been looking into LED lights for a while but info and feedback was hard to come by. The potential for less heat, less electricity, and a smaller lamp with a low profile was just to tempting so I decided to go for it. The best lights i found were by "Advanced LED". I decided on the 300 watt (100 bulb x 3W) 11-band light which there website had listed for $795. I found it on Amazon for about $370 with shipping. It shipped from China and I had it 8 days later. It arrived this morning in perfect working order. Its good that its quite simple as it came with no paperwork at all. So here is the LED light.

dsc04340 (2).jpg

dsc04342 (2).jpg

This thing is BLINDING! In the minute i had it on to take a photo I felt like i had been staring at a strobe light. Sunglasses from now on.

So I'm setting up in a 2 x 3 foot closet lined with mylar. I built a screen with 3 inch spacing for a ScroG grow. I'm putting in 3 plants. On the left is Great White Shark, back right is Carmelicious, and front right is Chernobyl. I had a great run with carmelicious recently so thats my control plant for this grow. So here are the girls. Its pretty weird to see them turn purple.

dsc04345 (2).jpg

dsc04347 (2).jpg

dsc04348 (2).jpg

niceman can't wait to see how they do under that light :)

:yay: Didn't know you could grow under a Lite Brite :rofl:

yeah, man. Have been seeing some pretty decent product pushed out by them on a few forums. Haven't changed my mind just yet, tho....

Ill be watching close....So your plan is to run the LED entire grow?...I also have seen some great results..But only with the more expensive lights...and looks like you have one..:aok:...Ive also used that film..and found that it really works best if ya can have no wrinkles ....looks like ya have white walls...I would remove the film after it gets yuky...that stuff is tough to clean too...I now just use flat white paint...Best of luck on the grow

:48:

4u2sm0ke said:
Ill be watching close....So your plan is to run the LED entire grow?...I also have seen some great results..But only with the more expensive lights...and looks like you have one..:aok:...Ive also used that film..and found that it really works best if ya can have no wrinkles ....looks like ya have white walls...I would remove the film after it gets yuky...that stuff is tough to clean too...I now just use flat white paint...Best of luck on the grow

:48:
By the entire grow I assume you mean flowering phase. These girls have been veggin under t5's for a while and i'm flipping to 12/12 now. I'm looking to expand my grow over the winter and am hoping these LED's will prove to work as well as an HPS. The idea of using far less power, not having to cool off my bulbs and also lowering my carbon footprint is very appealing.
I was considering taking out the mylar and painting it white (its kinda tan/off-white now) but the light showed up sooner than expected so I just went with it.

I have the 100 DS from advanced led I should have shopped at Amazon. I would like to see how your grow comes out I got some decent small buds with the 100 I would like to see what the 300 does

So whats up? Hows the LED grow going? Looking forward to an update!

Great looking light. My question is this LED light combination set for Grow, Bloom, or combination. It really makes a big difference on how much red or blue based on plant stage. Usually one combination will not be sufficient for all stages of growth.

Orcaman said:
Great looking light. My question is this LED light combination set for Grow, Bloom, or combination. It really makes a big difference on how much red or blue based on plant stage. Usually one combination will not be sufficient for all stages of growth.

Hey Orcaman, thanks for stopping by. The light has two switches, one for veg, one for bloom. I have both on as i assume this is appropriate for flowering. As I mentioned it came with zero instructions. Any advice would be welcome, especially from anyone who has grown with LED's.

So here are the girls at 7 days. I was thinking it was slow growing but when I compare to a week ago its clearly significant and I think comparable to an HPS.

I've started wearing sunglasses to check on these. The color still takes getting used to and the light is intense, throws your vision off for a bit after watering. I begin to wonder if i could handle several of these in a room.

For the record I'm using Heavy 16 for nutes. I've used them for a while and have been pleased with the results. Planning on a weekly update so enjoy the show.

7days (2).jpg

thats a lot of money $800 dollars at their store. how much space does it cover I just bought a90 w its suppost to veg 4 x 4 and flower a 2 x 2.

I've been meaning to get some of that film.
Have seen alot about it. N well gotta try er.
Sounds like you like er.
LH.

trillions of atoms said:
Looking good!!

90 watts for 4 sq feet in flower? Nahhhh.....

we will have to see. I just bought one plus Im only looking to get 2 oz max every month. I think is very possible.

good luck with your 300 buddy!

the one said:
thats a lot of money $800 dollars at their store. how much space does it cover I just bought a90 w its suppost to veg 4 x 4 and flower a 2 x 2.

The 300w has 2.5 x 3' core coverage for flower. I've got it in a 2 x 3 closet. I'd be curious how that 90w does.

That 90 won't compare. Nor will it do 4 sqft.
All u need is 1 plant. 1x1 or 1.5x1 or 1.5x1.5
Or even 1x2.
Lst it or screen of green it. Them your best options.
Or get another UFO

One thing if be careful with u 2 is listening or following manufacture sqft n shet.
Look at some of the recommended sqft for hid lamps compared to how we use them I've seen stupid sizes.
My led panel they claim 5x5 Area. Lol. No way in hell. It goes in a bit slightly bigger than itself. Which is like 1'2"x1'2"
LH.

kool I'm sure you are right. plus the 4x4 might be for other plants like lettuce that don't required as much light as MJ.

the one said:
kool the 4x4 might be for other plants like lettuce that don't required as much light as MJ.

Correct. ;)
LH.

the one said:

This is part of what really upsets me about LED retailers. You KNOW that these lights are aimed at mj growers (there is no way these ads are aimed at people growing lettuce) and when they claim it will veg a 4 x 4 space, you are supposed to believe that it will do it for cannabis and it simply won't. It also will not flower a 2 x 2 space.

They need to get honest about their products. As it is, one really doesn't know what to believe because they have lied for so long about the space one will adequately cover.

Latest posts

Back