growing on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DGF no i'm not past that, actually, yesterday was their second 12 hours of light, today i have to see some improvement.

UPDATE! :D things looking great now :banana: buds bulking up new growth green.
\The other 1/2 of my flowering chamber, where i added 3 clones on the 21st, i just added 4 more! i now have 7 new clones in 12/12, if they overcrowd it, i will move a few under the 2nd 400 once i harvest. the veg chamber is still packed, actually i just transplanted one last clone and pulled the plug on only 2 clones that didn't clone. i shut 2 fluros off, and now i am only using 3 fluros x 36w apart from my 2x400. the vegging clones are also growing wonderfully well and fast, i will have all the plants that i need to flower timely, and i think that today i can say that my room is now at 100% capacity and if nothing goes terribly bad, i am running perpetual harvests :woohoo: I am happy :D

View attachment 20150426_234524[1].jpg

View attachment 20150426_234535[1].jpg

View attachment 20150426_234609[1].jpg

View attachment 20150426_234622[1].jpg

I took a couple of shots yesterday. I am glad with the new growth, I can harvest 1 plant out of 2 under one of the 2 lights, that will free space to put some plants that are outgrowing the other light already :D The other one is due in 20 days, and I have 3 plants that are already 10 days in, one of them is 60 day strain so it is due in 50 more days. this means that i will harvest in 10, 20, 50 and 60 days and so on. This thing is PERPETUAL!

On a side note, I lost my exhaust fan today,:rolleyes: it just died out, after years of service, it sounded bad, and spinning slow running hot, i shut then put it back on it broke the breaker, then it never worked. have a smaller winter fan that will be installed now, and I need to purchase a new fan tomorrow, that will serve me well as we go into summer...

View attachment 20150501_021446[1].jpg

View attachment 20150501_021503[1].jpg

if you motor is a PSC type (has a capacitor, usually will have a small box attached to the housing)

PM me, I can walk you through making sure its not a capacitor issue (you can buy one for like 8$)

hey budz thanks :) its an industrial type exhaust fan no box or capacitors just a motor and shaft. trust me it's dead lol i have been waiting for it to die for a year now and a brand new one is right in place just the next day. a dead exhaust can never wait. i chose to go the same route as i was so satisfied with this type of fans. i just got it smsller 10" instead of 12. iknow it sounds large but this type of fan needs to be so because it is not centrifugal. if one has limitations in size its way better to get 6" centrifugal. but the 12" was way more than i needed the 10 is just right because its another type with a smaller motor to size ratio its only 35w runs silent its great :D its like 25$ haha you just cant beat the chinese :rofl:

anytimeI can help I will try, as I have not got the knowledge to help with your grow....I figured I would see if I could help with something i do know.

hell, if your heat or ac dies...PM B4 calling a tech out...I could save you $$

i have that Wood's brand canadian dehumidifier it has been next on my list i wait for it to die any day its been running about 4months/year 24/7 for what 8 years? lol its a bulldozer still sucks the same amount of water.if i need help on that i might just ask you. otherwise i have an ac split unit in my kitchen paid 100$ repair but it just gives no cold or heat. i thought it must have leaked the gas the guy came back fixed it again soon to fail again. i just forgot it is there. do you have any pointers about that?

hey budz thanks :) its an industrial type exhaust fan no box or capacitors just a motor and shaft. trust me it's dead lol i have been waiting for it to die for a year now and a brand new one is right in place just the next day. a dead exhaust can never wait. i chose to go the same route as i was so satisfied with this type of fans. i just got it smsller 10" instead of 12. iknow it sounds large but this type of fan needs to be so because it is not centrifugal. if one has limitations in size its way better to get 6" centrifugal. but the 12" was way more than i needed the 10 is just right because its another type with a smaller motor to size ratio its only 35w runs silent its great :D its like 25$ haha you just cant beat the chinese :rofl:

How many CFM? What type of fan is this got a pic?

cfm is not rated just 35w 220v 50hz 10"industrial exhaust fan. i can take a pic of its cheap boxing but i doubt it helps. i dont recall the exact watts to my old one but i am sure that is had way more watts to inches ratio. whenever i forgot to open the window at the other end of my basement i would find strong resistance when i close the main door and i feel and hear the wind whistling through the gap so that was major overkill lol it needed fan speed controller. now its just right. i did the closing door test and i still feel resistance but not that much and most of all the smaller motor 35w makes very little noise

theres all i can get for now. its installed in a closed shaft impossible to take a pic for it now. its basically just a round piece of 3" casing containing the motor behindvthe bare blades. it has no security to it or anything. just a metallic frame as seen on the box and 4 rubber fittings to limit vibration

View attachment 20150506_151216.jpg

View attachment 20150506_151247.jpg

So it's like a shop exhaust fan . Think princess auto sells em.
I'm interested. How do you install that ZEM?
Thanks for sharing

i think that it is the same type as the shop exhaust fans im not sure. i install it simply on the wall of my growroom. i created a venting shaft with negative pressure and it pulls mainly from the flowering chamber and i made a little opening in the venting shaft where it pulls a tiny amount from the veg chamber. it is installed similar to any fan just that you would need it bigger in size. if you're going to place a long duct, then the extra price of the double sized duct price will outweigh the savings from getting it. i however never ever ever bought or plan on buying any ducts for my fan. i am anal when it comes to fan efficiency and hearing that motor slowing down as i add a duct or shut a door makes me tick lol

the motor shouldnt slow down when adding more duct....if it sized properly.

Duct will actually increase the overall cfm by increasing velocity. Once again, if sized right.....think about it almost like a turbo for a car....if it didnt have that vacuum to suck on, its exhaust would not be nearly what it would be, and the turbo would function more like a regular engine with a natural air intake, just like taking the door off an air handler....the lack of negative (static) pressure will decrease its output.

For instance, the 6" centrifugal fan I have is rated at 440 cfm......without duct, I bet it does 60-75% of that value.

EDIT: I can take a video of me at work tomorrow measuring the current of a motor with and without the door on, you would be surprised to see which is less.

when i close the door or place curved ducts i notice the less air current with my hand. are you saying that if i have a fan with no duct and tightened to a hole in a wall blowing oustide will create less current than another fan with a duct blowing outside?

when i close the door or place curved ducts i notice the less air current with my hand. are you saying that if i have a fan with no duct and tightened to a hole in a wall blowing oustide will create less current than another fan with a duct blowing outside?

That is dependent on the type of fan, the type you just got doesn't apply, it was designed to do what you are using it for.

I am saying comparing the cfm of that fan versus a centrifuge style ducted properly, you will find the centrifuge style more efficient. It will move more air, for the same watts.

Which in my knowledge (talking about higher air velocity with duct) the better heat transfer. Atleast when trying to cool a substance.

hmm i dont know what electricity draw a centrifugal type would require to move the same amount of air. i dont think it would beat 35 w. as i mentioned i am anal when it comes to venting efficiency my entire room is built considering a good airflow. i plan on making a full journal about the design i made but when my room is less full sometime later. i can describe it however, the fan is below the tables to the far wall and it is right between flowering and veg chambers. i chose to lose about 2ft under the tables to make a proper venting shaft. the fan is mounted on a huge pipe reducer mounted to the wall. the flowering tables are 5ft wide and left a gap of 4" from behind just for the airflow. i made an entire new false wall at 4" that goes all the way up to a false ceiling. that wall curves inwards to make a nice passage of air. above the false ceiling is my drying chamber and i made holes in that false ceiling that draw the air right from the ceiling of the flowering chamber into the drying chamber down behind the false wall into the venting shaft then outside. i made a small opening in the shaft from the veg chamber side that pulls as much as i need it by opening or closing it. it might sound complicated but i never mind to complicate the main design and get a lifelong passive system. i always thought that when this fan dies i will get centrifugal but with the price tag and my past experience with this type i found myself getting a smaller one and disconnected the fan controller sltogether. btw i suspect that this type of fan doesnt like to be run by a fan controller im not dure though..

I would not use a speed controller on a non psc type motor that is using AC voltage.

Which ones are 10 days out? The plants look good, but I don't see one that looks like it will finish in 10 days....is there a pic of it?

Latest posts

Back