“Intermediate” Difficulty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
Hey folks!

I ordered some new seeds for my outdoor Autoflower grow next year. I use Growers Choice since I have loyalty points from them, and I got the “Presidential OG,” strain. Apparently, this thing is a pig as it pertains to yield, but it was considered to be “on the easier end of the intermediate growing difficulty spectrum.” It’s slated for 450g outdoors, but I’ll confidently say that I won’t get that and I’m totally cool with that.

Big question:
What makes a plant “intermediate” difficulty? (It feels made up, but I don’t know enough to refute the nomenclature.)

What did you learn that moved you from “beginner” to “intermediate?”

To answer your question..time and experience. When I first started I would panic and go into complete melt down when something didn't go according to plan. From time to time things still go wrong like a couple weeks ago I had a plant herm on me. Meh...next. I chalk it up to s-hit happens and move on.

Last edited:
I feel like my first child is an “intermediate” difficulty child, and my wife and I were only “beginners” when he sprouted. He’s still in seedling phase, but starting to move into veg and seems to have recovered from the environmental stressors that his rookie cultivators had in place.

looking back , my eye opener was when I learned the value of using cal mag

then I learned a lesson from Luther

chopping a plant early is a tell tell sign of a beginner….sorta like a premature ejaculation

having the patience to wait two more weeks launches one into the intermediate to advanced level Immediately

chopping a plant early is a tell tell sign of a beginner….sorta like a premature ejaculation

having the patience to wait two more weeks launches one into the intermediate to advanced level Immediately
Bingo.

I am now waiting 3 more weeks LOL

I can attest to this!

I can attest to this! I really struggled with being patient this past season. Next year, I’m going to wear my WWBSD bracelet and remind myself to be patient and wait two more weeks.

I think I struggled so much with being patient because I thought that I wouldn’t get these plants to harvest. It’s a brand new thing to me, and like hunting, I didnt expect to get a harvest on the first go around. So, I sort of expected all my plants to die of something to do with neglect. Thus, I was impatient and kind of done with the whole thing by the time I plucked them up!

Now I know that this thing is a weed. Getting big ass harvests is the fruit of experience, and I’ll have a couple more years of weenie hut harvests before I can be consistent with big ol buds.

I can attest to this!

I can attest to this! I really struggled with being patient this past season. Next year, I’m going to wear my WWBSD bracelet and remind myself to be patient and wait two more weeks.

I think I struggled so much with being patient because I thought that I wouldn’t get these plants to harvest. It’s a brand new thing to me, and like hunting, I didnt expect to get a harvest on the first go around. So, I sort of expected all my plants to die of something to do with neglect. Thus, I was impatient and kind of done with the whole thing by the time I plucked them up!

Now I know that this thing is a weed. Getting big ass harvests is the fruit of experience, and I’ll have a couple more years of weenie hut harvests before I can be consistent with big ol buds.

keep your chin up Amigo , there is a learning curve and a relationship with Mother Nature that is difficult and challenging..

keep your chin up Amigo , there is a learning curve and a relationship with Mother Nature that is difficult and challenging..
Oh hell yeah! Rest assured, I’m not hanging my head; I grew a years worth of weed this past summer knowing next to nothing about it! I am excited for next years grow and already bought my seeds for next year.

Sometimes the intermediate means the plant needs some kind of training or the yields might not be as high as an easy to grow plant. I've noticed sometimes if a strain has a high THC percentage they might put intermediate too.

To answer your question..time and experience. When I first started I would panic and go into complete melt down when something didn't go according to plan. From time to time things still go wrong like a couple weeks ago I had a plant herm on me. Meh...next. I chalk it up to s-hit happens and move on.
Herm equals brownies

Herm equals brownies
To early.....Feminized plant that wasn't so feminized.....
IMG_20221005_201111813.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back