1 of 6 plants dead plz help, /w pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
This little plant hear has died i think , this other one is starting to get worse by the day , what could this be from , ive beeing trying to not over water them , so i feed them when there rdy for water and nutes, the pH is alitlle over 7 , i need some ph down , but any other reason , this sucks im starting to worry now... and the last plant is the healthyest one of the bunch , should i take the dead leaves of the other or not , , some advise would be much apprecitated

Sickness.jpg

sickness2.jpg

death.jpg

healthy.jpg

the worst of them looks like shes about done, don't give up yet. If your doing a hydro grow we would target are questions at people like Stoney Bud and Kade who are elite. Good luck Oyster.

What strength nutes are you using?

If your over 7 then you need to start with that, hydro needs 5.6 - 6.2. I shoot for 5.9.

In that rockwool you dont need to water to much and you did not say how much nutes your giving them, I would back off on nutes as they are small and dont need much at this stage.

so should i be watering more often , they dry out uick it seems

well pretty much when there getting dry, its seemed to ry a copuple of times , see the thing is to i dont have a water pump i water them myself

MrOysterhead said:
so should i be watering more often , they dry out uick it seems

There is no set schedule to use to water, it is very easy to over water.
You need to let them dry out a little this allows O2 to get to the roots.
Rockwool retains water better then most mediums so you need to let it dry out some.

As I said your PH is the problem you cant ignore it and you have to fix it before you do anything else.

At the size of the plants in your pics they should be taking 1/2 dosage of nutes... after a week of growth... full dosage should be able to be administered.
Your tap water should be good as long as it isn't full of chlorine or bromine... but letting the water sit open for a day will allow enough to evaporate outta the water.
Ph is on the logorithm scale... a ph of 7 is WAAAAAAAY different then a ph of 6... you absolutely need to know the ph.. and put it to the appropriate level... hydro is extremely easy, anyone and their dog can do it.... but you cannot without the right equipment.

See what Opencountry said.....I mean ALL THAT.

That's exactly why I decided todayto go with EARTH.
I just need to learn more about ALL THAT what he said> :)

kade dont mean to ride on your post but after 1 week plants should be no more then 1/4.

BUt i agree with Kade in 100% you need ph and tds meter and i mean the good one digital wit-out that you got 50/50 to grow succesfoly
try keep ph lower then 6.0 my stay at 5.7 i never let it gow above 5.9

i have a digital ph meter
got some lemon juice to use for ph down untill i can get some

brouli said:
kade dont mean to ride on your post but after 1 week plants should be no more then 1/4.

Really? want me to scan my feed schedule that came from DNF??

so you say that after 3 days( that usualy water time in my case atleast) from seed spouded you give them half the strenght nutes ???
i know what you sayin if "rooted established plants" but not every strain grow the same dont get me wrong i dont wont to offend you but that is just my opinion .. plus you not going with what lable says

what did lable , ill take any advise , given this is my first real grow , just qanting these plants top pull through

brouli said:
so you say that after 3 days( that usualy water time in my case atleast) from seed spouded you give them half the strenght nutes ???
i know what you sayin if "rooted established plants" but not every strain grow the same dont get me wrong i dont wont to offend you but that is just my opinion .. plus you not going with what lable says

3 days is hardly an established plant.

That would be called a seedling... typically an established plant would have a couple nodes.

Do u grow much at all?? Ur quite willing to contradict when it is a tried and true method... from a well knowledged person on the forum...and one that has shown documentation to back up their claim as well.

Latest posts

Back