10 days into flower -general questions- please post thoughts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type_S150

Reaction score
Here are our girls in their 10th day of flower. They have come along way since we first got them. Here is some quick info on them:

These are some random clones we got on the 27th of August. They were about 3-4" tall in rapid rooters. We added some black gold soil into stirafoam cups and put them under 2 t12s for 4 days. They seemed to be rooted pretty well after that ,so we transplanted into 3gal soil pots and started veg on August 1st under a 1000w HPS hortilux eye with air cooled hood. 13 plant medical closet grow in an apartment- 7ft (long) x 2.5ft (deep) x7ft (tall)

These were on 18/6 from August 1st-15th. During veg we only gave distilled water (no nutes) about once every 3-4 days. I highly suggest getting a soil moisture/ph meter if you are just starting out. One thing I learned pretty quick was some girls need more to drink than others. But then again, i have multiple strains.

On the 15th we started to flower and switched the lights to 12/12 (Most were 10"-12" tall by then). It has been 10 days of flower and today will be our 3rd watering, and 2nd feeding. We are using General Hydro Flora series- FloraGro/Micro/Bloom. For the first feed we used 1/4 strength "transition to bloom" mix. We have not done any topping, lst, supercropping or anything- just growing natural so far. Temps with the lights on are about 78, lights off, 64. The HPS is about 18-22" from the tops.

Here are some pics and some random questions we have. This is our first grow after doing lots of reading (on this site) and planning.
1st pic is a top down of 4 of the girls. 2nd pic is "Critical Mass". 3rd pic is Critical Mass (right) and a purple strain in the middle. Can you guys tell me how the look so far? Also......

1. When I feed tonight (2nd feed), should I use full strength nutes? Also, is there a certain kind of molases I should be using?

2. Can I prune this Critical Mass plant at all? And if so, which branches can i cut?

3. I would like to promote as much vertical growth as possible. Height is not an issue in the grow room, but it is very shallow being only 2.5ft deep. What can I do to make them grow up instead of out?

4. Overall, how do they look for 10 days into flower? We are noobs, lol.

5. I know you should not not trim large fan leaves, but has anyone tried to sort of LST them out of the way of bud sites? As the girls have been getting bigger, the grow space is strating to fill in.

6. because we have different strains, the heights of the plants vary some (as you can see in pic 3). Should I boost the shorter ones up higher by putting something under the pots to even out the canopy? Or, is there a way i could just arrange them in the grow room. I have 3 rows of plants. 4-5-4 with the shorter, stubbier plants in the middle.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

More of the girls.Critical Mass on the right- again, should i be pruning these?

004.JPG

005.JPG

Can someone tell me why I have random yellow spots like these? Most plants dont have any yellow on any leaves. There are about 3 plants with some random yellowing like this, with the majority (98%) of the leaves being green. Any ideas?

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

they look great my friend....they will stretch in flower...and I would not remove any plant matter after starting flower. If plant is liking your nutes thn by all meens bump iy to 3/4 to full strength..hope this helps and I will be looking for the Harvest pictures in a couple months..

KEEP M GREEN

Type_S150 said:
Can someone tell me why I have random yellow spots like these? Most plants dont have any yellow on any leaves. There are about 3 plants with some random yellowing like this, with the majority (98%) of the leaves being green. Any ideas?

look under the fan leafs for red dots..if you have a scope that would help see them..Hope you dont have them..can you post a close up picture? that would help a lot.....sounds like the mite..:holysheep:

4u2sm0ke said:
look under the fan leafs for red dots..if you have a scope that would help see them..Hope you dont have them..can you post a close up picture? that would help a lot.....sounds like the mite..:holysheep:
Yes I can get some closer pics of the yellow on the leaves. Give us just a minute

sorry, this is a 2mp camera phone. I could not find any red dots/bugs at all.

009.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

the first set of 3 pics is from the same plant. One thing i noticed is that on that particular plant, on the leaves that have yellow on them, they seem kind of crispy/crunchy/dry and they also seem like they are sagging down (like they are really heavy).

Okay, in your last pics it looks like some nute solution may have gotten splashed on the leaves and it caused it to burn or they are just burning because of the radiant heat from the lamp?

Yeah you don't want to prune or LST during flowering after the stretch has started. You can tuck the leaves under bud sites that are being shaded but you gotta even be careful with that.

How often are you watering?

howdy S-150, yes leaves get impefections as i like to call them. unless i notice a developing pattern(loss of words) on several leaves i just watch'em a little closer.
if yr usin GH flora series i highly recommend florolicious plus and kool bloom as additives if yr not usin them already. just run a little less bloom to compensate for the extra add's. the florolicious promotes incredible flavor IME.
they look great to me, must be fun watchin the different strains grow together!

massproducer said:
How often are you watering?
about every 3 days or so. I have a moisture meter that I use and when the soil starts to get into the dry I usually water the next day. Im using about 4cups of water per plant right now.

Latest posts

Back